Is YELLIS A Selective Test For Grammar Schools

Watch
This discussion is closed.
IZZY!
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I NEED A HELP. I VE KNOWN THAT THERE IS SOME TESTS CALLED YELLIS, SOME TELL ME THAT THIS IS SELECTIVE TEST FOR GRAMMAR SCHOOLS SOME SAY THAT IT IS JUST A TEST FOR HEALTH. i AM VERY CONFUSED, PLZ GIVE ME AN ANSWER, CUZ IF YELLIS WILL BE SELECTIVE TEST FOR GRAMMAR I WOULD TAKE THEM.
CHAD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
We were told we had that last year (year 10), but nothing happened and even though we were told we would have it and it was on our fixture list, nothing happened so everyone still doesnt know what it is.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by IZZY!)
I NEED A HELP. I VE KNOWN THAT THERE IS SOME TESTS CALLED YELLIS, SOME TELL ME THAT THIS IS SELECTIVE TEST FOR GRAMMAR SCHOOLS SOME SAY THAT IT IS JUST A TEST FOR HEALTH. i AM VERY CONFUSED, PLZ GIVE ME AN ANSWER, CUZ IF YELLIS WILL BE SELECTIVE TEST FOR GRAMMAR I WOULD TAKE THEM.
Here you go - http://www.yellisproject.org/ - hopefully that should help you answer any questions you might have.
yawn1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by IZZY!)
The Yellis test is purely a tool for schools to assess potential grades at GCSE for their pupils. It is usually given in Year 10 and assists schools in collating data.

It is NOT a test in the strictess sense of deciding the futures of students. Just an indicator of what each pupil should achieve gradewise at GCSE. It is not of benefit to the individual particularly, just the performance data of schools.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (61)
19.12%
Virtual accommodation tour (45)
14.11%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5.02%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.94%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.45%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
21.94%
Speak to current students studying my course (69)
21.63%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.08%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.76%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.51%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.88%

Watched Threads