The Student Room Group

Fixtheodds.com - People's experiences and verdicts!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by peter-27
Everyone is beginning to confuse me now, all i know is i'm winning money regardless of the outcome so i'm happy :p:D

You staked more than you should really on the lay bet on the 2nd bit. I don't know if this is through your own fault, or FTO's, but you would have lost money had the back bet won.

Original post by A-K-J
Yep just like me :P

Dont need to understand it, we just need to get the free moneysssss :biggrin:

Until something goes wrong, like it could have in peter-27's bet, and you have no idea why it happened. That's the problem with using FixTheOdds, sometimes the people using it have no idea where there money's going, or what it's going towards, which I'd find pretty worrying if I was putting up hundreds of pounds of my own money.
Reply 61
Original post by Swindan
You staked more than you should really on the lay bet on the 2nd bit. I don't know if this is through your own fault, or FTO's, but you would have lost money had the back bet won.

No, on the second bit if the other outcome happened i would have had a £46.01 win which is a £11.81 overall profit - the same as what i actually got ...
Reply 62
it works in theory, huge starting capital is needed tho
Reply 63
No, on the second bit if the other outcome happened i would have had a £46.01 win which is a £11.81 overall profit - the same as what i actually got ...

Do you remember what odds you bet at? Sounds like they found an arb then, where the back odds are higher than the lay odds.
Reply 64
Original post by Swindan
Do you remember what odds you bet at? Sounds like they found an arb then, where the back odds are higher than the lay odds.

No sorry :frown:
I did mean Betfair, sorry!

I donno, but the figures are 100% correct!

i used to use betfair and even made horse bettings on them LOL but i lost monies, im considering doing this. cheers for your feedback
Just got to the second stage of the Sky Bet offer and have placed my second bet; so it's now all or nothing to see whether this works :biggrin: I mean, I know it will obviously because you've all told me it will, but it'll be exciting to see it for real! :-)
Reply 67
Any1 has experience with the BetClic offer?

Im getting confused as its different to most of the other i done.

It says -
If the back bet win ill win X
If the lay bet wins ill lose X
Reply 68
Original post by A-K-J
Any1 has experience with the BetClic offer?

Im getting confused as its different to most of the other i done.

It says -
If the back bet win ill win X
If the lay bet wins ill lose X

do it manually then
Right well after having a hard time understanding I finally plucked p the courage to put money in after thinking about it for months. Think I completely fluffed it up lol.
Reply 70
Original post by Swindan

If he were due to make £46 with the back bet, surely the odds were 5.6? (Or maybe 4.6 if stake was returned)

Seems rather odd.

The numbers kinda work though, with 5.6 and 3.74 he'd make £11.84 profit.

Or without the commission betfair uses (5%) £12.31 on that bet. Maybe fixtheodds doesn't take commission into account... cos that's what he made (without the "qualifying bet" being considered)

Long time since I've done this, my numbers could be wrong. :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 71
gonna try this soon, defnitely

anyone risked any big money yet?
It's good if you don't have much time and if you're willing to accept that you'll only realistically get 50-70% of the freebet stake back, which is pretty poor tbh.

Spend more time reading on how to do it manually then you'll make gains of 90%+ and not screw up the sign up bonuses in the meantime which will end up losing you money.

FTO makes a nice bit of money from the referrals.
Reply 73
Right, so I've done a few offers from FTO now and made 20 quid so I'm happy. I've also realised that you can go to the websites through quidco and make yourself extra money there.

I can see how you would be able to maximise your profits doing it manually, but I think using FTO gives you that peace of mind. Up to you really but I have to say it works well!
Original post by pjalt
it works in theory, huge starting capital is needed tho

And that's where you're wrong. Yes, some combinations require large amounts of starting capital, however in most cases, you don't.

Also, I did it offer by offer to begin with to build up my float, as opposed to putting all my money in to do multiple offers in one big go..

I started off with a float of about £40 and soon I was making hundreds of pounds...
Original post by Maxxi
Right, so I've done a few offers from FTO now and made 20 quid so I'm happy. I've also realised that you can go to the websites through quidco and make yourself extra money there.

I can see how you would be able to maximise your profits doing it manually, but I think using FTO gives you that peace of mind. Up to you really but I have to say it works well!

ty for tip about quidco.
cant find a job so it looks like im gonna have to do matched betting for a little money till uni. Im using FTO atm but have tried to work it out on my own but the numbers come out wrong
Original post by sonyhamster
And that's where you're wrong. Yes, some combinations require large amounts of starting capital, however in most cases, you don't.

Also, I did it offer by offer to begin with to build up my float, as opposed to putting all my money in to do multiple offers in one big go..

I started off with a float of about £40 and soon I was making hundreds of pounds...

I was reading up on FTO the other day, and there was someone with the same username as you on another forum, with other users claiming that you were an employee of FTO and just encouraged people to sign up by telling them what they wanted to hear.

Just saying.

I started with £70, and have now made that back, plus a profit of £20, just from my first 2 bets :smile: If anyone's interested..

Kind of unsure how to do it manually- how is it possible to make more money? Surely you still only have the same amount of free bet?
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox

Kind of unsure how to do it manually- how is it possible to make more money? Surely you still only have the same amount of free bet?

Well I think FTO only checks certain markets and just picks certain matches, like you see the qualifiers tell you you'll lose 3 quid of a 10 quid bet which is terrible. I think if you did it manually you could find other matches that mean you lose tiny amounts in qualifying bets. Not sure though.
Original post by Wasted Wrath
Well I think FTO only checks certain markets and just picks certain matches, like you see the qualifiers tell you you'll lose 3 quid of a 10 quid bet which is terrible. I think if you did it manually you could find other matches that mean you lose tiny amounts in qualifying bets. Not sure though.

Oh okay right I get that now. I found a calculator the other day which worked out how much I'd have to lay (that's the bit I don't understand) so I could just use that instead and then use whichever match I wanted?
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Oh okay right I get that now. I found a calculator the other day which worked out how much I'd have to lay (that's the bit I don't understand) so I could just use that instead and then use whichever match I wanted?

pretty much I guess, you'll want someone experience so look over what I said because I only started 3 days ago and only made 6 bets.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending