The Student Room Group

Is he interested or just being stubborn! advice needed!

I met a guy at the end of June, he came across really nice and we were both pretty much sober when we met so we had a good conversation going! After we met, he'd been texting me nearly everyday. we're both students so we were going home for summer, we've kept in contact by texting each other and it'll be a month since we met in a couple of days. recently he's not kept in touch, I don't know if it's because he's not interested or he's just being really stubborn in waiting for me to say hi.

Last week I hadn't heard from him so I text him saying 'hello stranger, how are you?' and he replied saying 'where have you been the last few days etc' and basically he said he was being stubborn in not texting/bothering lol :s I didn't think much at the time, but it's been buggin me recently.

He said he was going to come and visit me when I next came back home as I study in Manchester and he's always around in Birmingham which is where he studies. I've not heard from him, the last time I did, he asked how I was, I replied and then he just didn't reply back :s

So basically, I'd like some advice on this situation, i'm not really looking for anything with this guy, i just don't get why he's being the way he is! He said he wasn't seeing anybody and that he works pretty much full time at work.

Some genuine advice would be much appreciated!
4 days ago - 10 hours left to answer.
lol do you use yahoo answers? maybe hes just mysterious, kinda like batman.
Reply 2
Original post by K_Kaur.x
I met a guy at the end of June, he came across really nice and we were both pretty much sober when we met so we had a good conversation going! After we met, he'd been texting me nearly everyday. we're both students so we were going home for summer, we've kept in contact by texting each other and it'll be a month since we met in a couple of days. recently he's not kept in touch, I don't know if it's because he's not interested or he's just being really stubborn in waiting for me to say hi.

Last week I hadn't heard from him so I text him saying 'hello stranger, how are you?' and he replied saying 'where have you been the last few days etc' and basically he said he was being stubborn in not texting/bothering lol :s I didn't think much at the time, but it's been buggin me recently.

He said he was going to come and visit me when I next came back home as I study in Manchester and he's always around in Birmingham which is where he studies. I've not heard from him, the last time I did, he asked how I was, I replied and then he just didn't reply back :s

So basically, I'd like some advice on this situation, i'm not really looking for anything with this guy, i just don't get why he's being the way he is! He said he wasn't seeing anybody and that he works pretty much full time at work.

Some genuine advice would be much appreciated!
4 days ago - 10 hours left to answer.

Is he sikh by any chance? Sikh guys are serious mind playing guys I'm telling you! I'm with one so I can understand!

Ermm take it up a notch and be a little cheeky... be playful and show that you don't care so much.. the whole treat em' mean keep 'em keen.

He might genuinely be busy with family stuff in the way maybe? Keep flirtin' and being you.. it takes time with guys.. they don't clock on as quickly!
Reply 3
Why are we on a time scale? And texting is boring after a while, he'll text you more after you meet him in person again.
Reply 4
He's Muslim guji.

It's been a whole week since we've last spoken, i just don't see why I should make the first move, it's annoying. I can't stand guys playing mind games, he's not exactly dumb and I think he knows what he's doing!
Reply 5
Original post by Nutta!
Is he sikh by any chance? Sikh guys are serious mind playing guys I'm telling you! I'm with one so I can understand!

I am setting up a new religion and calling it Hyde - and I am going to open a centre for only us and Sikh's, it's going to be called the Hyde and Sikh Centre.
Reply 6
He's Muslim guji.

It's been a whole week since we've last spoken, i just don't see why I should make the first move, it's annoying. I can't stand guys playing mind games, he's not exactly dumb and I think he knows what he's doing!

"What do you think he is doing?"

You said you weren't seeking anything with the guy. Looks like you are missing him though, right? I would say if you are genuinely not seeking anything with him (now you need to be true to yourself), then treat him as a friend and 'mirror' his behaviour (women can be good at this). Text him when he does and if he doesn't, then don't!

Then go about your usual routine as you would!! Nothiong gained, nothing lost!!
I can see why you'd be a bit confused and miffed, but if you're not looking for anything to happen with this guy, then why are you so fussed? He's basically admitted that he doesn't want to be the one initiating things, so I guess you need to decide whether you're prepared to be the one that does. I think you need to ask yourself what you want from this though.
Reply 8
Original post by sskosntow
"What do you think he is doing?"

You said you weren't seeking anything with the guy. Looks like you are missing him though, right? I would say if you are genuinely not seeking anything with him (now you need to be true to yourself), then treat him as a friend and 'mirror' his behaviour (women can be good at this). Text him when he does and if he doesn't, then don't!

Then go about your usual routine as you would!! Nothiong gained,
nothing lost!!

I do miss him a little bit, just because we got on really well! I honestly think he's just being stubborn and waiting for me to contact him which isn't going to happen! I've been good this week and I think I can hold it out :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Georgiahoneybee
I can see why you'd be a bit confused and miffed, but if you're not looking for anything to happen with this guy, then why are you so fussed? He's basically admitted that he doesn't want to be the one initiating things, so I guess you need to decide whether you're prepared to be the one that does. I think you need to ask yourself what you want from this though.

I just wanted to go with the flow and see what happens. I'm slightly annoyed because there's no need for him to act the way he is, it's not like I don't bother because I do. I've been single for about a year now and I just don't want to end up hurt or falling for someone so quickly.
I just wanted to go with the flow and see what happens. I'm slightly annoyed because there's no need for him to act the way he is, it's not like I don't bother because I do. I've been single for about a year now and I just don't want to end up hurt or falling for someone so quickly.

Well that's fair enough, but if he's not going to put in the effort during the exciting "chase" part of a relationship, then I doubt he's going to bother once things settle down. I would probably give it one more attempt to arrange something, but if he doesn't respond/it falls through, I would leave the ball in his court.
Reply 11
Original post by mabrookes
I am setting up a new religion and calling it Hyde - and I am going to open a centre for only us and Sikh's, it's going to be called the Hyde and Sikh Centre.

LMAO- you are funny. I just got that joke.
Reply 12
Original post by Georgiahoneybee
Well that's fair enough, but if he's not going to put in the effort during the exciting "chase" part of a relationship, then I doubt he's going to bother once things settle down. I would probably give it one more attempt to arrange something, but if he doesn't respond/it falls through, I would leave the ball in his court.

That's another thing, I tried arranging to meet up the next time I came home which was this weekend but it didn't really go to plan because he had nowhere to stay if he came up sorta thing. what do you suggest I say to him? we've not spoken in a week..
That's another thing, I tried arranging to meet up the next time I came home which was this weekend but it didn't really go to plan because he had nowhere to stay if he came up sorta thing. what do you suggest I say to him? we've not spoken in a week..

Hmm, could he not just come down for the day this time? Sorry I can't remember how far apart you said you were. I would just say you've had a good weekend at home but it was a shame you didn't get to meet up, is he free (whichever is the next weekend that works for you)? Then you can hopefully discuss the logistics of it further and actually make a proper plan.
Reply 14
I personally think that it's important if a guy is interested that he demonstrates it! It looks like you are having difficulty with the 'silence' cbeause I don't know if he is even aware it's been 'a week' since you last spoke but obviously you do!

It may be a good idea to arrange to meet up but then what are your expectations in that meeting? Some blokes are super good with mind games especially when they are aware the lady may be interested and I am afraid if that's what this guy is about, you may not last the distance. I say, mirror his behaviour or if as advised by another, you arrange the meeting, depending on the feedback, you may know better.
Reply 15
In the end we were both being stubborn, that was basically what it came down to. He thought I wasn't 'bothering' but now i've started to not really care, if he's interested he'll bother :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending