The Student Room Group

I want to go on holiday by myself

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by wm123
I'd feel completely comfortable doing it and would love to. None of my friends could afford it anyway and tbh I don't think I would be going with the right people even if I did.

But my family's reaction alone has put me off. They seem to think its a little bit odd and I'd imagine some people would think I'm a bit sad.

This is the attitude I hate. I do things on my own all the time (finances are a big part of it, I can afford it and a lot of friends can't, or don't prioritize it over other things). Obviously it ends up being extra expensive for me as I pay for one hotel room alone, but that is ok. I have a couple of friends who travel alone all the time and consider it the most natural thing in the world. Every time they go they meet somebody new and for the next holiday, they have someone to visit. It is so much easier to get in contact with people when you're on your own on a beach or something, especially if you find somebody also traveling on their own.
You only live once
Reply 22
Original post by Outspoken91
You only live once

so right =]
why not go to travel if you want to?
as long as your parents permit you to do so, go ahead!
but remembered to plan anything about your trips before hand =D
Reply 23
I'm going to Spain by myself and tbh, I'm looking forward to the solitariness :colondollar:

I plan to live almost like a local though
Reply 24
Do it. Do it now......But seriously go forth enjoy yourself. If you don't you will end up thinking 'if only' when you look back.
Go for it! But bear in mind that places like Beirut, Jordan and Israel aren't the safest places to be alone...
Reply 26
Original post by skyani
so right =]
why not go to travel if you want to?
as long as your parents permit you to do so, go ahead!
but remembered to plan anything about your trips before hand =D

+1

go for it

my parents never let me go to travel alone(((
Reply 27
Original post by malvika111
Go for it! But bear in mind that places like Beirut, Jordan and Israel aren't the safest places to be alone...

No point in living if you aren't willing to live dangerously :wink:
Original post by eff01
No point in living if you aren't willing to live dangerously :wink:

Touché :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending