sunfowers01
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I'm looking into doing a Masters in Spain, but I'm not sure if I would be entitled to financial support and if I need to get my undergraduate degree recognised in any way or equated to the Spanish higher education system?
Donosti
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
As long as you got your degree from a decent European university you should be fine, Spanish unis will have to accept it. About financial support, your best bet is to find grants or scholarships from the private sector. Unless you're Spanish, you'll have trouble finding government funding for your studies. But bear in mind that education in Spain is overall much cheaper than in the UK (around €2,500 a year, at the very most), and the cost of living is also slightly lower, thank god

However, are you sure that you want to do a masters in Spain? Right now the Spanish university system is in the middle of a revolution (trying to adapt to the Bologna process), and overall lagging behind other European systems. Unless you want to study something for which Spanish unis are internationally famous (tourism, literature, economics) I would not recommend studying there. This is just a piece of advice from a Spaniard who did NOT study in Spain
sunfowers01
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Donosti)
As long as you got your degree from a decent European university you should be fine, Spanish unis will have to accept it. About financial support, your best bet is to find grants or scholarships from the private sector. Unless you're Spanish, you'll have trouble finding government funding for your studies. But bear in mind that education in Spain is overall much cheaper than in the UK (around €2,500 a year, at the very most), and the cost of living is also slightly lower, thank god

However, are you sure that you want to do a masters in Spain? Right now the Spanish university system is in the middle of a revolution (trying to adapt to the Bologna process), and overall lagging behind other European systems. Unless you want to study something for which Spanish unis are internationally famous (tourism, literature, economics) I would not recommend studying there. This is just a piece of advice from a Spaniard who did NOT study in Spain
Thanks for the reply. I'm British and wanting to go into TEFL in Spain. I think going a Masters in Spain would be more beneficial and possibly more widely recognised, or is this wrong? Fees in British universities are so high, but that isn't my main reason for wanting to go over to Spain. I love the country and the language and would really enjoy going into TEFL. I wouldn't be starting any courses for at least a year, since I have a teaching job lined up.
Donosti
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't know much about TEFL in Spain. All I know is that it's pretty easy to find a teaching job in Spain if you speak English, due to the shockingly low number of English-speaking teachers here.

About the Masters, I'd recommend you to stick to the main cities - Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, maybe Seville and Saragossa - as they have the better universities. If you need any advice about adapting to life in Spain, etc, don't hesitate to ask
oliviaprentice
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
H, I would like to apply to complutense university in madrid or another spainish university to study psychology in english, but i am really struggling with finding the information about it (applying etc) in english as most of the information is in spanish. The course itself is taught in english. I would be really thankful if someone could give me some guidance about this or if anyone who has studied psychology in english in spain can help, Thanks
Ljubica
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Im planing to apply to audiovisual communication at the same university,at complutense university but next year.If someone has gone to the same faculty or has some information,anything,please share with me,it will be very helpful,anything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (2)
10.53%
No one else does (9)
47.37%
I'm embarrassed about my background (1)
5.26%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (6)
31.58%
We don't use a video platform (1)
5.26%
I don't have a camera (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (0)
0%

Watched Threads