The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thisismycatch22
"Why didn't you want to be the Master? Lots of opportunity to travel in the Tardis, and you get to actually sleep with your assistants. What is it about the role of the Doctor specifically that appeals to you?"

I imagine plot armour is quite comfortable to wear.
'i will cure cancer'
Original post by abdkam

Original post by abdkam
i was not actually joking
as its ur first draft - is it?? - u need to start simple
i had a higher education day at my school and they said just answer the question first as thats what admissions tutors want - they want to know why!!

i dunno why i was neg repped - sorry!!

but honestly start simple then you can grow
my first draft started with ' my enthusaism and flair has encouraged me to study medicine at university...'which was ok but my tutor scrapped and said for the first draft just write ' i want to study medicine because:.....'

Thanks! BTW how much did you write about your work experience - about 1 paragraph???
Start with a quote by Josef Mengele, the Nazi 'Angel of Death': 'The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.'
Reply 44
Original post by Echelonian_Gleek
Thanks! BTW how much did you write about your work experience - about 1 paragraph???

well W/e took up majority as t was from w/e that i realised i wanted to do medicine.
but yeah its was one paragraph
but it took about 1/3 of my entire PS!!
Original post by becko37
Something that'll make admissions tutors sit up and think "Oooh, this is different!", because remember they'll be seeing thousands of personal statements and the vast majority of those are going to open with something like "I have always wanted to be a doctor..." or "I want to study medicine because...". I started my (History) personal statement with a quote about history.

Here's a sample one with a good opening:
http://www.studential.com/bio/getps.asp?ps=503
The candidate (claims) to have got 4 interviews and 4 offers.

This is hilarious, according to a Bristol admissions tutor i was speaking to a couple of cycles ago loads of people saw this and then copied the opening story about pyjamas, the source was found and rejections were had by all
Reply 46
Hey guys,

I have a problem here aswell regarding applying for medicine for 2018 entry.

My GCSE's were let me just put it, garbage, I received 6 B's and the rest are C's. My mind was just not right at the time so yea..

For A levels i am predicted 3 A's and got 1 A* and 2 A's for As levels

My personal statement has been read my almost everyone and they told me it was 10/10 :smile:

I have sat my UKCAT and got and average 600 and band 2.

Uhm at this point should i even bother sending off my apllication because im going against people who come with 10 A*s at gcses
!���

Latest

Trending

Trending