The Student Room Group

Going to ask a girl out of whom i already have asked out

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by L_Vieru
Innocent flirts does not say she likes you. You should study her reactions when you joke around for example. If she laughs at a lame joke she is trying to impress you -----> So she likes you.
You don't have to ask her out to find out if she likes you. And in what way do you mean ask her out? Like, go out to the cinema?

na man schoolboy error that cinema. Asking to go for a drink or bowling (its different, we can have fun at the same time, shows each others competitive side)

a couple of my lame text's which have jokes in them shes laughed at for example:

"Dont come back off of your holiday with too much of a tan I dont want to be jelous" she was all like "haha lol, you will be very Jealous!! :P"

and a couple of times ive said things like a throw away comment and she would laugh at it.

So i dunno man?? Any other way of telling if she likes me, i have caught her looking at me a couple of times like constantly changing her eye line between me and whoever she is talking to.
Reply 41
Original post by Shortstack
Call her she will like the confidence, chat about random crap for a few minutes, keep it light and chatty. Finish with a strong "Do you want to go (insert something)".

Be bold and confident. She will either say yeah ( she likes you) say no ( she just sees you as a friend)

Then you know in the space of 10 minutes if she is dating material.

As other posters have said we don't know what her personality is life. She might be chatty and bubbly like that with everyone. One of my ex's was like that, i never thought she fancied me until she told a coworker, and i asked her out.

Op what is she like? Bubbly? flirty? smiles at everyone?

She is down to earth and friendly but theres something there i dunno what it is but i can feel it, if that makes sense, like as soon as we see each other i immediately start smiling and so does she! haha, a couple of times shes made the effort to come over and talk to me so its obvious she likes talking to me. I dunno i never really have a chance to see her with anyone else as im elsewhere in the store (i work with her) but when we first met we had only known each other for like 2 weeks and shed come and sit next to me at work and start chatting to me when theres loads of other people in the tea room, and a few weeks ago, i was away for all of 2hrs and she saw me smiled and was all like "where have you been?!?!!?! i havent seen you all day?? you on lunch" and i replied yes and we both went and got lunch from the cafe she was before me and waited for me to go with her to the lunch room, i looked at her and she gave like a cheeky nod to be like come on lets go type of thing.
Reply 42
Well thats pretty promising.
And I was just using that cinema thing as an example. I myself wont ask a girl ever to go to the cinema. I would seek something that would involve more activities and competition as you mentioned.
I think she likes you from what you said. Has she ever laughed at a stupid bad joke face to face? Because you never know through texting or online. Her face might be like a brick wall when shes "haha'ing"

Plus if you feel something is there, and you's two just start smiling at each other when you do something, you's obviously love each other now.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 43
Why did she say no? was she doing something or did she not want to? because if she didn't want to then maybe you should look elsewhere, or you could continually ask her out again and again until she gives in...that works too.
Reply 44
Original post by L_Vieru
Well thats pretty promising.
And I was just using that cinema thing as an example. I myself wont ask a girl ever to go to the cinema. I would seek something that would involve more activities and competition as you mentioned.
I think she likes you from what you said. Has she ever laughed at a stupid bad joke face to face? Because you never know through texting or online. Her face might be like a brick wall when shes "haha'ing"

Plus if you feel something is there, and you's two just start smiling at each other when you do something, you's obviously love each other now.

i dunno but i have managed to make her laugh somehow, like id say to her look youve been at work here all day how boring. she be like yh what have you been doing =.
At home doing.....(interupts me) NOTHING and then laughs.

so maybe theres something there, oh and LOL, at the love each other now.

Anything else to suggest she may like me??
Also may want to wait till wednesday now, when i see her face to face or should i just ring her, as the chances of me being able to chat to her face to face wednesday are 50/50.
Reply 45
Original post by Niassuh
Why did she say no? was she doing something or did she not want to? because if she didn't want to then maybe you should look elsewhere, or you could continually ask her out again and again until she gives in...that works too.

long story short.

A) I ask her for a drink.
B) Awwwww I dunno whether or not that would be a good idea atm tbh, I'm having complications with my ex-bf, and I dont think it would be a good idea, he wouldnt be very happy if i started seeing someone else....maybe another time.

We both go to each others car after like a friendly goodbye and I go to my car and give way she gets in her car and drives past me and waves at me with a smile on her face.

and nothing has changed ever since, we still get on as good as we did before hand, and that has been a month and half now, and enough time has passed so i think its the right time to ask her out again.

(she also said she was in a relationship even tho she had broken up, i knew that, and shes only just recently changed her fb status to single, so it shows that shes maybe over or moved on?)
Reply 46
Original post by Cheech23
long story short asked girl out, she said no, ever since then we've been getting quiet close and there are positive signs that she may like me, shall I

A) Simply ask her out again
B) Tell her how i feel about her i.e. " I think you are one of the best girls i have ever met, your like a breath of fresh air, down to earth, fun, interesting, pretty, you make me smile and I enjoy your company" <---something like that
C) A combination of the two - altho im guessing that'll be too much for her to take in.

so what one?

A. B is way, way risky.
Reply 47

long story short.

B) Awwwww I dunno whether or not that would be a good idea atm tbh, I'm having complications with my ex-bf, and I dont think it would be a good idea, he wouldnt be very happy if i started seeing someone else....maybe another time.

We both go to each others car after like a friendly goodbye and I go to my car and give way she gets in her car and drives past me and waves at me with a smile on her face.

and nothing has changed ever since, we still get on as good as we did before hand, and that has been a month and half now, and enough time has passed so i think its the right time to ask her out again.

(she also said she was in a relationship even tho she had broken up, i knew that, and shes only just recently changed her fb status to single, so it shows that shes maybe over or moved on?)

Stick to A then, but make sure she's broken up and isn't in any other relationships first; otherwise you could get yourself into deep trouble :s-smilie:
long story short.

Ok from what you have put she seems a nice girl. Ask her out she will say yeah.

The be honest ignore the first attempt of rejection, she had just split up! It's normally the girls you want to stay away from who jump from guy to guy. She didn't want to do that. Perhaps she was retrying with her ex? We don't know.

Just ring her, be chatty, and just ask her out.

The last date i went on was only supposed to be to Nandos. What happened is my date wanted to watch a film after. We went there and had to wait a few hours for a film. so we went to the bar to drink and wait. What had only been planned as a hour or so date turned into possibly the best date i have ever had.

Just relax and ask her out! Before someone else does she sounds like a good one!
Reply 49
Original post by Shortstack
Ok from what you have put she seems a nice girl. Ask her out she will say yeah.

The be honest ignore the first attempt of rejection, she had just split up! It's normally the girls you want to stay away from who jump from guy to guy. She didn't want to do that. Perhaps she was retrying with her ex? We don't know.

Just ring her, be chatty, and just ask her out.

The last date i went on was only supposed to be to Nandos. What happened is my date wanted to watch a film after. We went there and had to wait a few hours for a film. so we went to the bar to drink and wait. What had only been planned as a hour or so date turned into possibly the best date i have ever had.

Just relax and ask her out! Before someone else does she sounds like a good one!

mate trust she is a fuking beaut!!!
I have never met someone so pretty and down to earth of whom i get along with from the get go....check your pms btw..
prepare for rejection
Reply 51
Original post by rugbyladosc
prepare for rejection

nice way to ruin the mood.....
Reply 52
lol i love this convo ,i say just ask her out again, from what you have said she does like you. Girls have a subtle way of showing it ,but it is there, so just call her and ask her forget being chicky that might complicate thing just be nice by paying her a compliment .e.g. i really like you and i was wondering if....
nice way to ruin the mood.....

Just being realistic. She rejected him before, she will probably do it again. It may all turn out well but in my experience its better to prepare for a fall with these sorts of things because u can pick yourself back up and move on easier.
Reply 54
Original post by rugbyladosc
Just being realistic. She rejected him before, she will probably do it again. It may all turn out well but in my experience its better to prepare for a fall with these sorts of things because u can pick yourself back up and move on easier.

i explained my self here tho :s-smilie:

long story short.

So it was a no, not always when a girl says no it is because of you or me it could be down to different things and in this situation it was, i doubt she woudlve lied to me, and if she didnt like me she couldve said there and then no need to say about her ex really.
Reply 55
she said "maybe another time" maybe this is the time...maybe?
I have checked Pms Cheech just do it. You will never know until you ask her! You better do it tonight!!!! Or we will all neg rep you :biggrin:
i explained my self here tho :s-smilie:

So it was a no, not always when a girl says no it is because of you or me it could be down to different things and in this situation it was, i doubt she woudlve lied to me, and if she didnt like me she couldve said there and then no need to say about her ex really.

Yeah man the **** up and ask her then. Stop pussyfooting around it. She might reject you/she might not, get over it.
Reply 58
Original post by damilola
she said "maybe another time" maybe this is the time...maybe?

yh maybe, ive just been out and didnt see the rest of the posts so thats why i didnt do it then.

Do I text her and ask her if its ok to call or do i just call and speak to her?

long story short asked girl out, she said no, ever since then we've been getting quiet close and there are positive signs that she may like me, shall I

A) Simply ask her out again
B) Tell her how i feel about her i.e. &quot; I think you are one of the best girls i have ever met, your like a breath of fresh air, down to earth, fun, interesting, pretty, you make me smile and I enjoy your company&quot; &lt;---something like that
C) A combination of the two - altho im guessing that'll be too much for her to take in.

so what one?

If you two are becoming close friends, why don't you just casually bring up a movie you want to see or something? Or invite her for a fun night with your friends?

So you can gauge her reaction without putting yourself too far out there...?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending