The Student Room Group

How do you deal with a guy who has split up with you...but clearly didn't want to? :(

How do you deal with a guy who has split up with you...but clearly didn't want to break up with you ..?

.... face to face he acts like nothing has changed ..he still continues to tell me I'm 'really beautiful and hot' etc. He's even admitted he hasn't been able to sleep....I don't know what that says....??...

.however over phone....he doesn't talk to me anymore...by text its awkward...

...but I want him back and wish he would stop pretending to himself, trying to convince himself he's done the right thing when really he never wanted to break things off......I know he has always felt insecure that I'd split up with him....so insecure that he went to second with another girl .....( he was **** faced )....but he's saying he isn't splitting up with me because of that but because things 'aren't the same' even though we both know this isn't true ....things between us are just as electric, when we're together. (apparently he thought I'd split with him when I found out so he 'had to do it' first...to make it less painful..)

Please help....I don't know what to do ....I want to try 'getting closer' to him as friends and see how things go and see if they return to normal.....I know it'll take time but I want to know how to go about this subtly and naturally ...?...I know I'm really hurt by everything but it's clear to anyone that he is too and regretting it more and more..... :frown:

....please help, I need advice ..:frown:
Take him out on a date. And those three magic words:

TALK TO HIM

Tell him how you feel!
definitely discuss it with him! the more you mull it over in your own head the worse it'll make you feel. you need to stop looking for signs about how he feels and actually get out there and find out for real. talk to him so you can either agree to try again or get closure on the matter.
Talk to him! I've had this before and it really is heart breaking, but if he is really sure he doesnt want to get back together then give yourself some distance, cut the contact until you feel ready to be friends with him!
Why did he break up with you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending