The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Jordanaimee
He went to put his arm around me and elbowed me in the face, needless to say there was not a second date.

just because of that? how shallow are you!

you make a paddling pool look deep
Was taken to see Snakes on a Plane... Not a great thing when I was terrified of snakes, but I didn't make a big deal of it.
Film finished, he had a text from his friends saying they wanted him to come meet them, to get wasted and stoned in a car park (it was about 2pm)... I wasn't interested, given that I was only about 14/15, and the time he had taken me with him there before, they all ignored me... Told him he was welcome to go, and that I didn't mind and would find my way home. He proceeded to scream at me in the middle of the very busy high street.

Absolutely mortified, and realised that there was no chance it was ever going to go anywhere.
(edited 12 years ago)
When I was 16 this guy I quite liked asked me to prom. I accepted and in keeping with tradition, we arranged to wear the same colours. It was going really well until I realised he asked his secret girlfriend to go with him too. And another girl. We all wore the same colours and I felt like a complete idiot. He then preceded to dance with her the whole night in front of me and they got professional pictures taken of them as a couple :/ not as bad as having vomit all over me but it was a rubbish night.
I went on a date with my bif at the time to the Science Museum, then we went for a walk through Hyde Park and ate cookies. :smile: Then he took me home and dumped me H3H3H3
Reply 44
Walking through some trees, trying to be all romantic and then the path subsides and you slide into the pond and cant get out :frown: wasnt very smooth :frown:
Well not much a date.. but still....
Well I kinda refused it... considering it would be horrible..

Guy thought too much of relationship and always wanted more despite me saying that I just wanted a friendship. So he asked me out to prom... I said yes a few days late.. but then said as a friend. Then a few weeks later he was like we should go out sometime together, so I said I would set up something with everyone else too. He kept going on about going to the cinema together... (I knew what he wanted and I wasn't into it !) So yeah... a week or two before prom he still didnt get the message.. so then I changed my answer and said no. He hasnt spoke to me since..which I don't care about. But I hate it when guys don'y realise a no is no ! :smile:
Reply 46
I want more of these to read ha
Got a few:
1. guy takes me to the zoo....should be all lovely and romantic and i was very excited for this first date. We get there a little earlier than planned to see the penguins being fed but before it starts...I faint. I recover quickly but feel so embarrassed. he was a lovely guy but kept making jokes about me "falling at his feet" and swooning etc. Didn't make me feel any better

2. On double date with best friend, she wanted to meet up with this guy but insisted I come with. My date was completely incapable to speaking to me beyond single word answers to my questions. felt like i was taking to a brick wall. my best friends date wasnt much better and we got a friend to call us with an "emergency" so we could leave. was very obvious but didnt care.

However,

My sister had a date with her now husband when she first met his mother. They took their dogs to the park. all going well til our idiot of a dog decided to jump into a mud pit....worse for her, turned out to be a pool of raw sewage. He then had to wade in there before the stupid dog drowned. Worse for me, they brought her home and expected me to wash her though I had a party to go to because they had dinner reservations!
Original post by ilovelife1234
Is it technically a date when the other person doesn't show up?

Rossssss!
Reply 49
How could I forget this:

A young lady my friend had been seeing became rather clingy.

So the chap took her to watch A Serbian Film.
Reply 50
Original post by Ellsbells3032
Got a few:
1. guy takes me to the zoo....should be all lovely and romantic and i was very excited for this first date. We get there a little earlier than planned to see the penguins being fed but before it starts...I faint. I recover quickly but feel so embarrassed. he was a lovely guy but kept making jokes about me "falling at his feet" and swooning etc. Didn't make me feel any better

2. On double date with best friend, she wanted to meet up with this guy but insisted I come with. My date was completely incapable to speaking to me beyond single word answers to my questions. felt like i was taking to a brick wall. my best friends date wasnt much better and we got a friend to call us with an "emergency" so we could leave. was very obvious but didnt care.

However,

My sister had a date with her now husband when she first met his mother. They took their dogs to the park. all going well til our idiot of a dog decided to jump into a mud pit....worse for her, turned out to be a pool of raw sewage. He then had to wade in there before the stupid dog drowned. Worse for me, they brought her home and expected me to wash her though I had a party to go to because they had dinner reservations!

lol, they had to get married great one to tell the kids.
Reply 51
I've never had a truly awful one but there was one guy who I didn't really click with, we didn't have anything in common and it was obvious that we weren't going to meet up again. We lived in opposite directions and I remember when I had to start heading home, he decided to come with me. Worst part was, I wasn't sure how to get rid of him subtly so I tried to walk a really roundabout route... which didn't put him off, so extra time with him.

Then we got to mine and I just went "Okay, nice to meet you, I have to go, bye!". Probably a bit rude but I had no idea how to handle the situation. I also had no idea why he'd come with me because we met up in the middle of the day (so it wasn't dangerous to walk home) and he didn't really seem that interested...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 52
one girl had too much to drink throughout the night that she eventually went a bit mad and started crying hysterically.... took an hour to calm her down.... then she wouldn't go home on her own so she had to stay with me... ended alright though haha
Reply 53
Original post by ilovelife1234
Is it technically a date when the other person doesn't show up?

:smile:
Original post by Faustus Fotherby
I had this happen to me on one date - we were talking about siblings and the conversation played out like this:

Me: So how many siblings have you got?
Him: Two sisters and I'm a twin with one of them.
Me: Oh that's so cool! I've always wanted to be twins with my sister, we always think the same, look the same and get on really well it'd just be kinda perfect if we were twins. So do you get on with your twin really well?
Him: Umm last we heard from her was about 6 months ago when she left to London, she's doing prostitution and drugs we believe.
Me: Oh... right...

He said that last part in total sincerity and didn't seek to correct what he'd said immediately after - awkwardness reigned for some time while we tried to talk about the winter olympics (which were on the TV in the bar at the time). The date pretty much crashed from there on.

I could swear I've read that before. Did you post it on here before?
Reply 55
Off topic, but what should I do if i think i might have SAD?
Reply 56
Well, we can certainly change that :sexface:

:biggrin: :wink:
Original post by reck
A fresher asked me out for some drinks when I was in final year. She'd been drinking before the date, and proceeded to get trolleyed while I watched on relatively sober.

The night culminated in her being sick outside a chicken and ribs shop. A significant proportion was all over me. I had to drop her off at home before making the long trip back to mine. The night was spent washing 90% vodka/10% chips vomit out of my jeans.

Can anyone beat that?

Crotch area?
Original post by Stasiaxx
lol, they had to get married great one to tell the kids.

Was even mentioned in the best man's speech
Reply 59
I can't say it was the worst date ever, since we're still together 9 months on, but on my first date with my boyfriend, we walked past his ex-girlfriend. The next thing we know she's attacking us, almost breaking his nose and she took chunks out of my hair. It was going really well until then :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending