The Student Room Group

oxford eco Q's

hi guys
i had applied to oxf for eco and management last winter (03) and i had my eco interview at oxford in dec. for the management part the interviewer asked this killer question which totally caught me out. i was wondering how u guys would have answered-
the question:
" These days all businesses provide business management training on the job therefore why have you applied to study management at university?"

all replies are welcome thx
Reply 1
maybe to develop and learn about the subject on a more deep/in-depth level of understanding.....intelectually rather than professionally....to gain valuable experience for later life....to broaden one's knowledge about the subject that you are interested in to a much more complex level and an academic discipline rather than professional training...

just a few suggestions
in addition to the previous reply...

training is usually specified to the business/job, while studying at uni will give me a wider range of knowledge and acts as a preparation of my future career. uni also allows me to discuss with professional tutors and other students to think in wider perspectives, and gives me more time to absorb and develop my skills.

this question would be hard when you're asked on-the-spot esp. in interviews! but i don't think this is a killer question, a killer question must be 1 of the very long and complicated logic questions!!

Latest

Trending

Trending