The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by TheGrinningSkull

Well, reading your comment and the comment I have quoted below, I am wondering if you are being bias due to the fact that you did it yourself?
That's a shame to hear, thanks for your honest opinion. Are you in GCSE going onto AS then?

Yeah doing FM, Physics, Chemistry and Biology next year. School forced me into doing AS ICT early and as it was badly taught half the class were getting Ds and worse before the exam :frown:
Reply 61
I would say double a level in travel and tourism, drama (if your good and practice at the drama performance the drama written exam is easy) english language is easy at AS, but not as much at A2. I was able to get a grade b at AS with B coursework and a high C in the exam doing NO REVISION! R. E, film studies are also fairly easy.
Well, reading your comment and the comment I have quoted below, I am wondering if you are being bias due to the fact that you did it yourself?

no my mates do it and its worth it for the effort you troll
posted a reply to a different thread here by mistake if a mod could delete would be most grateful
Original post by siwelmail
no my mates do it and its worth it for the effort you troll

I'm being the troll now? Worth it for the effort? Yeah, tell that to the unis that black listed the subject, I'm just stating what's right there that is known for sure. I'm sure it's demanding as with any AS/A level but if the unis don't like it then that's it, they have the final say on who they want in or not. Same goes for media studies as well which I might edit ono my first post in this thread.
Original post by oli_G
Yeah doing FM, Physics, Chemistry and Biology next year. School forced me into doing AS ICT early and as it was badly taught half the class were getting Ds and worse before the exam :frown:

Nice subject choices, I'm assuming you did maths A level or you included it under FM?

That's harsh, there was quite a border with GCSE ICT too, mainly it was either A/A* or Ds.
Reply 66
Thanks for the replys. They have helped me make my decision!
the easiest one has to be maths, i can learn that **** in a day
ASDAN, Hair and Beauty, Travel and Tourism and Photography.

You could do nothing more than vomit on these exam papers and still walk out with a high B
Reply 69
Original post by resentment.
i know for a fact geography is hard, a few years ago, im not sure which exam board to get an A you needed 27/100.

Highly doubt that...
Reply 70
Original post by Oaktree
Highly doubt that...

don't believe me then.
Original post by good morning
i dont take them either :L but they arnt academic are they? and personally coursework is way easier than science exams for example. with so much to remember and apply your knowledge to answer the questions.

REAALLLYYY? coursework is harder than exams as its done through a duration of time meaning you have to be concentrating the whole time while doing it rather than 2 hours for an exam.
You can re-take exams you cant re-take coursework.
Thats what makes subjects like photography, art and textiles hard.
And as for drama i do it and its not easy you have to be naturally talented to perform to an examiner. you dont have to be naturally talented to revise for an exam.

There are no easy A-Levels.
End of story.
Reply 72
I assume everyone saying Drama has never actually done a drama A level.
Original post by Samus2
I assume everyone saying Drama has never actually done a drama A level.

i agree Drama a-level is not easy :closedeyes:
Reply 74
I think art is an easy A-Level if your good at drawing. However, most BTEC subjects which consist of coursework is pretty easy! Apparently Psychology and Sociology are one of the easiest. However I am having difficulty wid sociology badly!
ICT is NOTTTTTTTTT an easy a level in the SLIGHTEST due to the HUGE amount of coursework. I'm an A grade student, in my two other a levels I am working at A to A* level. However in ict, I am currently looking at a D. The course takes up so much time it's insane and the exam is insanely difficult because you have to write EXACTLY what is in the mark scheme or you lose marks. Because of that subject I am now looking at having to do another 2 years in college before going to uni in order to be accepted to a uni I really want to go to. If anyone is ever considering A level ICT please please don't do it.
Psychology, Sociology, Feminist Studies XDDDDD, Media
Original post by Historysucks
I allready have completed two A lever subjects, but I want to bump up my tariff points so therefore I am spending an extra year in college. Can anyone reccommend me 4 easy As level subjects? I don't mind if they are looked down upon or are soft subjects. Thanks in advanced.

media isn't easy dont listen to these people
Reply 78
Original post by chloe453
ICT is NOTTTTTTTTT an easy a level in the SLIGHTEST due to the HUGE amount of coursework. I'm an A grade student, in my two other a levels I am working at A to A* level. However in ict, I am currently looking at a D. The course takes up so much time it's insane and the exam is insanely difficult because you have to write EXACTLY what is in the mark scheme or you lose marks. Because of that subject I am now looking at having to do another 2 years in college before going to uni in order to be accepted to a uni I really want to go to. If anyone is ever considering A level ICT please please don't do it.

This is a 2011 thread - and now closed. :smile:

Latest