The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

priya
students get raped and murdered much more easily in bigger, more spread-out unis

The point is that the student was raped by fellow students.
Reply 41
oh please, the story is entirely misleading, the supposed rapists are still at the bloody college. don't believe everything you read. and cambridge is one of the safest places in Britain, walk home at 3am alone and you'd probably feel safe. I'd say that's one of the best things about it.
Reply 42
priya
then you have to qualify as a barrister/solicitor, the courses for which (BVC and LPC respectively) take an extra year. then you have training contracts and stuff which means, by the time you're fully qualified, it will be well more than 3 years. but i suppose the training element in america is also considerably long.

it's great that you're so enthusiastic about wanting to do law, but i'd do a lot of research into the profession first. as with any career, it can be very different to how it's perceived by others. like you said, you have a few years yet, you might find that by the time you graduate from high school, your interests have developed down another route.

In the states it takes 7 years for me to get a law degree. While in UK I can get my law degree in 3 years as an undergraduate. I would like to qualify as a barrister. I did some research and I find it very interesting. I could choose to take APs or IB, but I feel IB would be better. It's never too early to think about the future! :smile:
chocolatecheese
Well i applied to Oxford not Cam becasue Cam dont do Biochemistry :smile:
Once i visited Oxford i completely fell in love with the place! Its such a beautiful city, i like old buildings, its just the right size for me, everyone i spoke to were friendly and down to earth....

i cant really comment on Cam...but when i went to and Oxbridge conference, a Cam Tutor spilt coffee all down me and didnt say sorry :mad:
so that made me anti-Cam lol....but to be honest i've heard Cam isnt that bad...but im still going to back Oxford all the way! its deffinatley a great choice if you makeit yours! :wink:

im sorry who ever i upset by posting this..... :frown:
did i say that Oxford is better for Cam for sciences? :confused:
I just said that Oxford was better for ME for the sciences, becasue it offered pure Biochem, with subject requirements i could meet....
i didnt realise i would be given bad rep for saying that :frown:
Reply 44
International students might want to consider ease or cost of travel.

Cambridge is to the North East of London and Stansted is the nearest airport. It is the base for many low cost airlines which could be an advantage if they fly anywhere useful for you. It has fast train links to Kings Cross Station in London. Getting to Heathrow is not so easy and takes longer.

Oxford is North West of London and has trains to Paddington Station (Heathrow express). it also has excellent bus links to Victoria (Gatwick express) in London (1-2 hours depending on traffic) and regular buses to Heathrow Airport (1 hour journey) and Gatwick (longer).
Reply 45
I was trying to think up pros and cons but really most of them are so unimportant that really you should go on the course content and structure.

Latest

Trending

Trending