The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
no luck....just rang up to speak to the admissions office...the guy who answered said you have no chance on new years eve..he said try tuesday or wednesday. I reckon we wont get the letters till wednesday now.
Reply 61
Damn.

:frown:
Reply 62
If I don't have my letter on Tuesday, I don't think I'll go to school on Wednesday (if you knew me personally you would know that this is something I probably wouldn't go through with).

Cannot stand the thought of my head of VI form commiserating me. Or even congratualting me. Would sure spoil the moment...

Oh, how I hate waiting!
Reply 63
kellywood_5
Damn them for being so slow :mad:

mine came on january the 2nd when i applied, whereas all my other friends got them on new years eve. so don't tear your hair out too much!
Reply 64
everyone seems to be going back to school/college tuesday/wednesday.

im not back till the 13th jan and been of since 13th dec.
Joshy
no luck....just rang up to speak to the admissions office...the guy who answered said you have no chance on new years eve..he said try tuesday or wednesday. I reckon we wont get the letters till wednesday now.

It just seems to be getting worse and wose-- i think a conclution to this decline in luck will be a rejection! (me not u ) :eek:
Reply 66
I've been off since my interview (took a few days off and then sort of extended the leave into the holidays. School for me starts again on the 9th.
priya
mine came on january the 2nd when i applied, whereas all my other friends got them on new years eve. so don't tear your hair out too much!

I can't even get it on the 2nd, it's a bloody bank holiday! :frown: I just hope it comes on Tuesday- I go back to school on Wednesday!
Reply 68
It could be worse... I'll be lucky to get mine by next Saturday, mail takes forever to get down here!
There doesn't appear to have been any post yet...
Reply 70
Since most of you haven't heard yet I would just like to say good luck!

I hope you all get what you want and have a good New Year.

Jamie
Reply 71
Awww the post's come but no letter :frown: Lol.
Yep, no letter for me either. :frown:
Reply 73
No letter, but I actually think no post. In my street. At all. (we're looking after our neighbour's house and she always has post - but not today). No sightings of the postman either. Also no mail yesterday.

Really ought not to be looking at this board, tis making me very worried... and no-one else is gonna hear til Tuesday! Aaargh!

Liana.

ETA: Also, before anyone suggests this, I don't live in a remote part of the country or somewhere you'd expect post to be delayed. I live in a London suburb!
kellywood_5
I can't even get it on the 2nd, it's a bloody bank holiday! :frown: I just hope it comes on Tuesday- I go back to school on Wednesday!
I know what you mean! Well the earliest I can expect it now is Tuesday morning before I'm due into college (10.30), which would be annoying enough - but if I get it on Wednesday or later I have a day or more of people asking and my still not knowing, then the risk the college will know before me... I'm tempted just to tell everyone I'm already rejected if I don't get it on Tuesday, as I'm basically certain I will be anyway, and get it over with!

Damn I just really wanted to get it today so I could have a fun New Year's Eve, drink a lot, get over it (which shouldn't take too long as I'm already nearly there - I just need to know for sure :rolleyes: ) seriously start my work (late is better than never...) and concentrate on trying to get the grades I need to go to UEA!
*Bethany*
I know what you mean! Well the earliest I can expect it now is Tuesday morning before I'm due into college (10.30), which would be annoying enough - but if I get it on Wednesday or later I have a day or more of people asking and my still not knowing, then the risk the college will know before me... I'm tempted just to tell everyone I'm already rejected if I don't get it on Tuesday, as I'm basically certain I will be anyway, and get it over with!

Damn I just really wanted to get it today so I could have a fun New Year's Eve, drink a lot, get over it (which shouldn't take too long as I'm already nearly there - I just need to know for sure :rolleyes: ) seriously start my work (late is better than never...) and concentrate on trying to get the grades I need to go to UEA!

If they sent the letters today first class, there's no reason we shouldn't get them on Tuesday, and if you didn't get yours until Wednesday, the college wouldn't either, so you'll still find out first.

Try to have a fun New Year's Eve and drink a lot anyway :smile: And don't be so sure you'll be rejected- we've already proven that some people who think they got in didn't and some who think they didn't did, so you can never be sure!
Reply 76
I think im going to cry with impatience. All these people saying theyre pooled, in etc. Grr - where's my bloody letter!!!
Reply 77
kellywood_5
If they sent the letters today first class, there's no reason we shouldn't get them on Tuesday, and if you didn't get yours until Wednesday, the college wouldn't either, so you'll still find out first.

Ah, but did they send them 1st Class? Some places don't. I'm not sure what postage Trinity use (seeing as they decided not to use any for my interview letter and I had to pay Royal Mail a ransom fee to get it from them).

The other problem is that my post can come at any time up to about 1.30...so the likelihood is that my school would find out before me, seeing as I leave at 7.45. Last time the post came before I left the house I think I was in primary school...

*stamps foot* I want my letter!!!

*trying to think more positive thoughts*
kellywood_5

Try to have a fun New Year's Eve and drink a lot anyway :smile: And don't be so sure you'll be rejected- we've already proven that some people who think they got in didn't and some who think they didn't did, so you can never be sure!
Hope so! :smile:

Well, when I say a lot, I still mean in reasonable moderation because since last year drinking too much makes me ill - but I do intend to have some red martini and Lambrusco, the two very random drinks I most enjoy! Nothing you say can shake me :p: Just look at the description of my catastrophic interview in the other thread, combine it with an appalling virtually non existent written test, dubious written work and grades which, although they seem good to me, don't match up to those the other applicants I met, and it becomes pretty much a foregone conclusion...
Reply 79
I recieved Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition in the post today... much better than *any* response from Cambridge :P

I heard if you haven't recieved the letter by today, it's a rejection.

Ha, sorry, couldn't resist, only joking.

Latest

Trending

Trending