The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
i'm on dianette - waso n microgynon but it wasn't good for my skin and it did make me feel a bit down. I haven't noticed any increase in boob size but i know my friends have, just depends on the person i guess! it keeps my skin clear and my periods regular and it's good to be able to skip them if you're on holiday or whatever but i don't really like doing that...just feels like i'm messing up my body more than necessary!

The pill can increase your appetite, indirectly making you put on weight, but as long as you stay active and eat a balanced diet there shouldn't be any problems. Your doctor will keep an eye on your weight and blood pressure. it's important to take it at the same time every day, especially the mini-pill (i think that has to be taken within 2 hours of the same time) and if you take it properly then it is an extremely effecitve contraceptive. :smile:
Reply 41
blissy
You boobs get bigger - and not just at certain times of the month.

No other side effects that I have experienced.

What is your pill called? my bloody boobs didn't get bigger, i could do with your pill!
Reply 42
lynseyweth
What is your pill called? my bloody boobs didn't get bigger, i could do with your pill!

Microgynon makes most people's boobs grow.
Reply 43
Ellie4
Microgynon makes most people's boobs grow.

I've been on Microgynon for years and didn't notice any change until I recently had to run through three packets of pills without a break. I wouldn't suggest you do this, though, until you've been on the same pill for a while and know you're not going to suffer from side effects.
Reply 44
suz19
That's weird, I haven't put on any weight and I've been on it for 4 years. You should definately go to your doc.

Iv been on the pill a year and a half and iv put on a stone, (was 7stone 10, now 8 stone 11) but i was very skinny before i went on it so its not a drastic weight gain. I just now have hips which i didnt have before. It might not be all down to the pill though, i do eat a lot of food so it could be that aswell. I think its affects everyone differently.
Reply 45
Trousers
I've been on Microgynon for years and didn't notice any change until I recently had to run through three packets of pills without a break. I wouldn't suggest you do this, though, until you've been on the same pill for a while and know you're not going to suffer from side effects.

Yeah, obviosuly it's going to affect different people differently, but I went up a cup size within two months of taking it, and know some of my friends have experienced similar things.
Reply 46
i can't help thinking a bit of the "putting on weight/making boobs grow" phenomena might just be down to normal growth spurts - you change shape a lot during your teenage years, and although i don't deny the pill has an effect, some of it might be coincedental.
Reply 47
grace
It's great, i've somehow managed to increase the amount i eat (by like three times!) and am losing weight so quickly...plus my boobs have grown, i've gone up to a D and the rest of me is shrinking! God bless microgonyn 30.

How the hell has that happened? My pill does the total opposite, i put weight on and my boobs do not grow in the slightest and i really want them to.
Reply 48
lynseyweth
How the hell has that happened? My pill does the total opposite, i put weight on and my boobs do not grow in the slightest and i really want them to.

Are you on microgynon though? Cos all pills are different. It made my boobs grow, but it also made me put on weight as well, but only from a size 8 -> 10, so I wasn't too bothered.
urbane
no period for a year??? my god, that cant be healthy :eek:

why?

If you're pregnant you might go without periods for a year - the pill (and the injection and implant) just makes your body think you're pregnant.

Without contraception most women would spend the majority of their lifetime either pregnant or lactating...to mimic that state to stop yourself becoming pregnant makes sense.
Reply 50
Ellie4
Are you on microgynon though? Cos all pills are different. It made my boobs grow, but it also made me put on weight as well, but only from a size 8 -> 10, so I wasn't too bothered.

No, im on Noramin. Iv gone from an 8 to a 10 but the size has gone on my hips and not my boobs unfortunately :frown:
Reply 51
Pencil Queen
why?

If you're pregnant you might go without periods for a year - the pill (and the injection and implant) just makes your body think you're pregnant.

Without contraception most women would spend the majority of their lifetime either pregnant or lactating...to mimic that state to stop yourself becoming pregnant makes sense.

I was chatting to my doc about my pill a while ago, and she told me that a lot of American girls just keep taking it with no break for years. There's not much need to have the break unless you use it as a regular pregnancy check, and that's altering your body for your convenience just the same as having no break at all.

The other good thing about running your pill packets together is that you get into a proper routine of taking them. I always find that I'm terrible at remembering to take my pills just after I've had a break, and that's very risky indeed.
Reply 52
lynseyweth
No, im on Noramin. Iv gone from an 8 to a 10 but the size has gone on my hips and not my boobs unfortunately :frown:

My boobs shrunk on the mini pill.... how annoying is that?!
Reply 53
one of my friends always takes two packets together, as she has awful periods and so then she only has to have half as many! Her doctor suggested it, i think.
Reply 54
allisandro
one of my friends always takes two packets together, as she has awful periods and so then she only has to have half as many! Her doctor suggested it, i think.

I was on dianette, intially for my skin but then I kept taking it as a contraceptive as I got older. When I came to uni last month and went for my checkup with the nurse she told me that she couldnt give me a repeat prescription for dianette because the docters don't like prescribing it any more as it apparantly has a greater risk of thrombosis than other pills - especially as I had been on it for more than a year. Some docters don't seem to mind but the nurse said the ones here don't like it. So i made an appointment with the docter and he changed the pill to Cilest which he says should be as good for my skin......so far I haven't noticed any change but we'll see.

Other than that I haven't had any other major side effects from the pill. My boobs have got a little bit bigger but not much and I may have put on a tiny bit of wait but if i have it's so small that I can't really tell if its just normal wait gain or because of the pill.
Reply 55
allisandro

That's also what I do. I used to get REALLY bad periods - like I actually used to pass out because of the pain. They've got better since being on the pill anyway and I only have one every few months. Even if I wasn't using it for contracpetion I'd stay on the pill anyway.
Reply 56
giddylid1
I been to a clinic today and I was just wondering what type of pill some people may be on... and are there any side effects?
Lyd

THe pill usually makes ur boobs bigger and u also put on some weight because it makes u feel hungrier for some reason. can also cause nausea but if u throw up then u need to c ur doctor because the pill wont have gone through
Reply 57
*Riz*
I was on dianette, intially for my skin but then I kept taking it as a contraceptive as I got older. When I came to uni last month and went for my checkup with the nurse she told me that she couldnt give me a repeat prescription for dianette because the docters don't like prescribing it any more as it apparantly has a greater risk of thrombosis than other pills - especially as I had been on it for more than a year. Some docters don't seem to mind but the nurse said the ones here don't like it. So i made an appointment with the docter and he changed the pill to Cilest which he says should be as good for my skin......so far I haven't noticed any change but we'll see.

Other than that I haven't had any other major side effects from the pill. My boobs have got a little bit bigger but not much and I may have put on a tiny bit of wait but if i have it's so small that I can't really tell if its just normal wait gain or because of the pill.

My doctor said that dianette isnt prescribed as the pill anymore as its slightly less effective and that its prescibed largely for it miracle effect on the skin. i now ask for dianette for my skin but i use condoms as well so its a bonus that it has a contraceptive effect.
Reply 58
frost105
My doctor said that dianette isnt prescribed as the pill anymore as its slightly less effective and that its prescibed largely for it miracle effect on the skin. i now ask for dianette for my skin but i use condoms as well so its a bonus that it has a contraceptive effect.

i'm on dianette and i heard all this about it being not as effective and how you shouldn't take it for too long and i asked my doctor he said it was fine! i don't know if it's because it's actually FOR your skin but hte contraceptive is a side effect...
Reply 59
allisandro
i'm on dianette and i heard all this about it being not as effective and how you shouldn't take it for too long and i asked my doctor he said it was fine! i don't know if it's because it's actually FOR your skin but hte contraceptive is a side effect...

I didnt hear anything about not taking it for long. i've been on it for 5 yrs now.

Latest

Trending

Trending