The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

KINGSTON UNI- Fresher 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Lucy-Mc
Yeah we should still get them, hopefully we hear something tomorrow about it all, that's what I'm hoping anyway, like after the weekend. I'm studying Radiotherapy, what about you?

I hope so too! I'm doing Media and Cultural Studies...which campus you on?
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 61
Original post by b1505
I hope so too! I'm doing Media and Cultural Studies...which campus you on?

Ooh nice! I'll be on Penrhyn Road campus, how about you?
Reply 62
Original post by Lucy-Mc
Ooh nice! I'll be on Penrhyn Road campus, how about you?

I'm on the same campus!
Reply 63
Original post by b1505
I'm on the same campus!

Oh brilliant! We might be in halls near each other then... :smile:
Reply 64
Hey im studying Pharmaceutical science as a sandwich course, is anyone else?
On penrhyn road too. still waiting for accomodation hopefully find out soon :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by Lucy-Mc
Yeah I was thinking that, we must seemed so unorganised compared to everyone else, haha! Got my fingers crossed that I have a place in halls though! Ooh nice, which campus is that on then? I'm studying Radiotherapy.

Penrhyn Road, I don't know anybody studying here lol.

Radiotherapy woa, sounds tricky!
Reply 66
hello ~ im studying psychology at penhyrn road. and ive got accomodation at seething wells. anyone else similar.? .x
Reply 67
Emailed accommodation services on Friday and just received a reply:
Thank you for your email. You are currently pending allocation and the allocation process is currently underway, we will email you in the next couple of weeks regarding your allocation status.

However, as accommodation in halls of residence is not a guarantee, I advise you to begin to look at accommodation in the private sector for the event that you are not allocated accommodation in halls of residence.

Bit confused why people have phoned up and been told the 25th and now they're telling me that it's going to be in the next couple of weeks!
Reply 68
Original post by b1505
Thank you for your email. You are currently pending allocation and the allocation process is currently underway, we will email you in the next couple of weeks regarding your allocation status.

However, as accommodation in halls of residence is not a guarantee, I advise you to begin to look at accommodation in the private sector for the event that you are not allocated accommodation in halls of residence.

Bit confused why people have phoned up and been told the 25th and now they're telling me that it's going to be in the next couple of weeks!

Oooer, a couple of weeks by that time it'll be close to moving in ergh. I better start looking for places then.
Reply 69
Original post by Rykes
Oooer, a couple of weeks by that time it'll be close to moving in ergh. I better start looking for places then.

I know! Think they're leaving it a bit late! Hope I find out sooner because I'm going on holiday in 12 days time and want to have it sorted by then.
Reply 70
Original post by b1505
I know! Think they're leaving it a bit late! Hope I find out sooner because I'm going on holiday in 12 days time and want to have it sorted by then.

For sure, you better start looking for apartments then!

i'm going to go to wait till the 25 and contact them again.
Reply 71
Original post by Rykes
For sure, you better start looking for apartments then!

i'm going to go to wait till the 25 and contact them again.

I know...had a quick look yesterday but didn't find much :frown:
Think I'm going to phone them on the 25th...they seem to be telling people different things! On the Facebook group some people have said they've been told 7-10 days!
Reply 72
Original post by b1505
I know...had a quick look yesterday but didn't find much :frown:
Think I'm going to phone them on the 25th...they seem to be telling people different things! On the Facebook group some people have said they've been told 7-10 days!

Really? uhoh, i'm quite nervious now, they have to help us if we don't get in to halls.

Argh not sure what to do, what a pain!
Reply 73
Original post by b1505

I rang them today and they said they are still allocating accommodation places, and that everyone should know withing the next 7-10 days, but it could be earlier. The guy said that we'll most likely get into halls, and if you live further away then you have a better chance, but to start looking at private just in case.
Reply 74
Original post by Rykes
Penrhyn Road, I don't know anybody studying here lol.

Radiotherapy woa, sounds tricky!

Oh I'm studying at Penrhyn Road aswell. Which accommodation did you want then?
Reply 75
Original post by Lucy-Mc
Oh I'm studying at Penrhyn Road aswell. Which accommodation did you want then?

I put En suit for my first. Standard for my second and budge en suit for my last choice!
Reply 76
Original post by Rykes
I put En suit for my first. Standard for my second and budge en suit for my last choice!

Oh cool, I put en suite as my first choice aswell. If I was being picky I think I'd prefer Clayhill over Seething Wells but not really bothered right now, haha!
Reply 77
Original post by Lucy-Mc
Oh cool, I put en suite as my first choice aswell. If I was being picky I think I'd prefer Clayhill over Seething Wells but not really bothered right now, haha!

Both of the room look epic! I want clayhill over seething wells!

I'm just happy if I got into one, even if it means budget en suite.
Reply 78
Original post by Rykes
Both of the room look epic! I want clayhill over seething wells!

I'm just happy if I got into one, even if it means budget en suite.

Oh yeah, I just want a room in halls now, take any that was offered to me. Not sure if you've liked the page on Facebook, but it does look like more people have accommodation in Seething Wells than Clayhill at the moment, so fingers crossed they're saving Clayhill for us, haha.
Reply 79
What facebook page?

And I hope so \o/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending