The Student Room Group

Why are black people so afraid of animals

Maybe its just me but whenever I have an animal around a black person they freak out like I have a pet dragon that feasts on the souls of black people. Whenever the black half of my family comes over we have to lock up our cat because my cousins aunt and grandmom are scared. Whenever my brother has his black friend over we have to hide our rabbit yes our rabbit because he runs away and cries. Today I let my dog out to go piss and my sisters were with there black friend and white friend the black girl scream and ran away. Whenever I walk my dog around town and black people see me they go to the other side of the street. White people go up and pet her. One time I walked my dog past a black persons house while the kid and mom were outside. The kid ran up to my dog to pet her because shes cute and the mom freaked out and ran over and grabbed her kid and yelled at him to never touch a dog. Whenever we have delivery people come into our house or at the door the white guy pets my dog and feeds them the black guy gets scared and asks us to put her away. This isnt even a big dog she goes halfway up to my thigh and I'm like 5'5. I would understand if they were scared of our alligator or 8ft red tailed boa or scorpions when they were alive. Or if my dog was a pit bull or if my cat was a lion or if my rabbit was one of those giant rabbits. Before anyone says thats wacist no im not wacist. I don't think a black person has ever pet my dog when my dog gets petted daily by white people when I walk her. I really dont get the fear in animals:confused::confused:
Reply 1
Yup, it is just you.
I’ve noticed this too. Black people are honestly scared of animals and idk why.
Reply 3
Lol this is the most bs thing I have ever heard, black people dont get scared. We are the most durable fearless race to ever exist.. our ansestors were pedators to lions ffs.
LOOOOOOOOL dude I'm black and I'm scared af when it comes to some animals and loads of my friends are as well. It's more of a thing where we're scared of animals potent enough to hurt us so like hamsters are fine. Though I wouldn't generalize it to all black people because I know some black people that aren't afraid but from personal experience a lot of us are.
I've definitely seen this with dogs and black people. There was this black dude (buff af, fastest long distance runner in the school) who would always run from this chihuahua who the teacher had to bring into school. He would also run from Labradors/Staffs when we had to go to the park during fire drills.

After like 4 lessons (over 2 weeks) he was fine with the chihuahua tho but still had problems with bigger dogs.

Ironic since it was animals that killed him. Peckham scum.
Not all black people are afraid of animals but yes, most that I have encountered (including myself, but that was due to indoctrination and i broke myself away from it) are afraid of them for some reason.
There is something to do with this. It’s not just black people, I’ve noticed my Muslim friends are very nervous around dogs. In fact one of my friends does really like dogs, but she is also so, so nervous of them. To the extent where she had never actually touched one until she saw mine!

It’s a cultural difference I think. I’ve always noticed that when walking my dog, Asian parents tend to really protect their children from him, they tend to push their child out of the way as if he’s this big threat. As a child that sort of response has such a big influence on your development of attitudes yourself.
Original post by A short guy
Maybe its just me but whenever I have an animal around a black person they freak out like I have a pet dragon that feasts on the souls of black people. Whenever the black half of my family comes over we have to lock up our cat because my cousins aunt and grandmom are scared. Whenever my brother has his black friend over we have to hide our rabbit yes our rabbit because he runs away and cries. Today I let my dog out to go piss and my sisters were with there black friend and white friend the black girl scream and ran away. Whenever I walk my dog around town and black people see me they go to the other side of the street. White people go up and pet her. One time I walked my dog past a black persons house while the kid and mom were outside. The kid ran up to my dog to pet her because shes cute and the mom freaked out and ran over and grabbed her kid and yelled at him to never touch a dog. Whenever we have delivery people come into our house or at the door the white guy pets my dog and feeds them the black guy gets scared and asks us to put her away. This isnt even a big dog she goes halfway up to my thigh and I'm like 5'5. I would understand if they were scared of our alligator or 8ft red tailed boa or scorpions when they were alive. Or if my dog was a pit bull or if my cat was a lion or if my rabbit was one of those giant rabbits. Before anyone says thats wacist no im not wacist. I don't think a black person has ever pet my dog when my dog gets petted daily by white people when I walk her. I really dont get the fear in animals:confused::confused:

goes back to native africa times i guess where they could be easily attacked by animals.
You must never have seen a South Asian person and dogs lmao, we'll cross on to the other side of the road at the sight of one
Original post by A short guy
Maybe its just me...

jaws seems legit.jpg

Latest