The Student Room Group

Confusion over why it isn't public?

Ok, basically my bf split up with me a couple of months back, wanting a break. We are really close and kept seeing each other (not as much) and things always turned to how they were, and it is amazing when we are together.

Now, we are not back together however do everything a couple does... hold hands, kiss, have sex, go for meals, on dates, everything. The only thing that is not the same is when we are around his mates or my mates, or anyone we know. It seems like noone else should know about it. I assume it is so he doesn't get stick from his mates for messing me about. He tells me he loves me and seems like he means it.

What we have is amazing, and it is everything that I have ever wanted when we are together alone, or even out in public. But it is starting to annoy me a little that I have to constantly lie about it. It has been 4 months like this now, I was ok with it at first but now it feels like I'll have to continue lying to friends and family to keep this up.

As you can tell I don't have anyone I can talk to about it, for obvious reasons. I don't want him to be pushed away because I want it to be serious. I just don't know what to do.
How about your open to him about your feelings. I mean if you two are like perfect together than something like this won't affect it. Just a thought though :smile:
I seriously can't see how he can love you and treat you like seven-shades of t**t. Four months? To be basically a secret relationship, that's not love. I don't even know what that is. This is really harsh and I don't want to be mean to you as you have asked for genuine help but you need to wake up and tell this guy to either love you properly, like a person deserves, or to get out of your life.

If someone came to you and said he loves me but no one knows about us for, seemingly, no reason at all. What would you say?

And the thing about getting stick off his mates is bloody right. He should be ashamed of himself for treating you this way.

I hope that you see my honesty in this instead of hating me for the mode of delivery.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending