The Student Room Group

desperately need help making a decision!

I've applied to two unis for this year to do psychology
one is AAB and the other is ABB
but my exams didn't go too well so I'm thinking I'm going to get like BBB(ish)
I really want to do something along the lines of psychology, criminology, forensics, maybe even sociology at a push but I don't know where I can go with my grades that won't be a useless degree!
Any advice/suggestions?
Thanks!!
If you miss out on your offer by a grade, call up the uni and see if they will still let you in. If not there is always clearing but do not be too disheartened if there are no courses available to you that you would like to study.

Worst case scenario is you reapply for 2012 entry and resit some modules to improve your overall grade.

I hope this helps.
Reply 2
SpicyStrawberry is right :biggrin:

Also if you only applied for 2 unis I take it there's a strong reason why you want to attend one of them. If you are rejected because of grades call the uni and ask to discuss your application. Tell them you want to attend that uni, tell them why, and ask them what you can do to improve your chances for future applications. This will at least get them to take a second look at your application.

Don't worry too much if you don't get in, there is clearing, resits, work experience or a world traveling gap year to look forwards too.

As far as finding somewhere that won't give you a 'useless degree'... A degree is a tool, it's only REALLY useless when you don't use it. So look at the course structure, are the modules relevant to want you want to do? Does the university offer specific opportunities or experience? Is the university affiliated with organisations that would be relevant to you?

I know a lot of people recommend Russell Group universities and that may be a place to start looking, but the best university for you is the one that most fits your answers to the questions above.

Anyway, you might surprise yourself and get fantastic results. Good luck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending