Feel guilty, leaked on bfs bed:O Watch

sarahthegemini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jimbo1234)
Varies by a day or two...not 30 :facepalm: Would you risk being so stupid to leak onto your bf's bed? Clearly you would...
As others have pointed out, being on the pill (particularly the progesterone only pill) can cause random bleeding, not just every month :facepalm: - so it's something no one can predict. If I knew I was due on around a certain date then yes, I would wear a pad but again, the pill doesn't allow you to have a set monthly bleed. Some stop bleeding altogether, some have random bleeds. It's just something that happens. If you can't accept that, then don't ever get into a long term relationship for her sake ...
SpiritedAway
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Helpful_Charlie)
No reason? Try damage of property for flavour.

"Oh, I'm sorry I dropped this paint on your £2000 TV, it was an accident, so you have no reason to be angry with me."
How is that the same. It's like you cutting yourself on something whilst you're sleeping and not noticing because you're asleep, and then there being some blood when you wake up. I wouldn't even call it an accident. It happens. My bf read this and was of the same opinion as me. I even openly tell my bf when I'm on my period and that chances are, I will leak and his reply is always "it's okay, it's normal". So I'm pleased to have a bf mature enough to realise that we don't ask for periods, they come and often without warning. It's not even an accident, it just happens and nobody is to blame.
ArcaneAnna
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Woke up today to find that not only had I started my period but it was heavy and leaked on to my bfs bed. I must have started at night but was unaware because it's always light to begin with and I had nothing on too :facepalm:

To make it worse it went through the sheets and stained his bed. Ive tried scrubbing it's not comming off :O

Halp!
**** happens. I wouldn't worry about it, your period is pretty natural. Happens to the best of us.

As for washing out, I find varnish stain remover (when left on for like an hour or so) works really well for blood stains.
Otherwise, if the mattress is white just bleach the **** out of it.
SpiritedAway
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Varies by a day or two...not 30 :facepalm: Would you risk being so stupid to leak onto your bf's bed? Clearly you would...

It is very rare to be completely random. Even when you start to come off strong contraception there is some pattern. And again, why risk it? Why not just wear a pad or use a tampon?
Mine varies by months. I once went 18 months without a period and the doctor couldn't find anything wrong. My symptoms anyway are obvious for about a week before because they make me so ill, but this month I just kind of went to the toilet and was like "oh look, I'm bleeding" :/. No pain, no dizziness, no tiredness, no fainting even though I haven't been taking my iron tablets in about a month, I skipped my period last month, so yes, they sometimes can vary by 30 days :p:. And even in less extreme cases than mine, it's not unusual to vary by a week or two.
SpiritedAway
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How is it the same? I thought the usage of the word 'accident' in both would indicate the similarity. Just because something is an 'accident' it doesn't mean that someone can't get annoyed as a consequence. In regard to your anecdote, do you want a medal? Or how about a sponge?
I'll take the fact that you've resorted to insults as you realising that you just lost
tibbles209
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
A responsible attitude is to make sure that when things like this happen you are prepared......
I don't think you quite get how periods work If a girl is very lucky then she will get 'regular' periods, which means that they come at approximately the same time each month (give or take a few days). Other girls have irregular periods where their periods can come as much as a week or even more on either side of the due date (in which case you could end up wearing pads 3 weeks a month). Others (usually those on contraceptives) have completely random periods. For example I can go 3 or 4 months without a period, and then I will suddenly get one that lasts for 4 weeks.

In other words, if you can guess when your period is going to come accurately enough to plan for it then you are one of the lucky ones. You seem to be making the assumption that OP is one of these lucky girls and that failure to preempt this could only be due to negligence on her part.
natashapt
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

It is very rare to be completely random. Even when you start to come off strong contraception there is some pattern. And again, why risk it? Why not just wear a pad or use a tampon?
You're ****ing retarded seriously. Girls can't and shouldn't wear tampons when they're not on their period, idiot
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by duracell)
Try cold water, and I think salt helps get blood out.
Other than that, just tell him/offer to get him a new mattress?
Yeah, salt gets pretty much anything out.
blinkbelle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Why is the guy 'clearly immature and pathetic' for not wanting HIS property damaged? Ever consider that he likes his property clean?

This site has a pack mentality, where if you're not on the fence (liberal) then you're strange. Grow up.

Edit: The ironic moment that someone confirms my hypothesis.
When a guy consents to a girl sleeping in his bed he's taking a risk that this might happen.. and its hardly 'damage'.. xx
blinkbelle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Damage

Noun: Physical harm caused to something in such a way as to impair its value, usefulness, or normal function.

I'd say it constitutes damage, in that it impairs the value. This is textbook damage, but of course I'd be incorrect to suggest that. It's tantamount to saying 'when you allow a girl to sleep in your bed, you run the risk of her wetting herself' when a person would presume they'd be able to have self-control.
It might not even leave a stain so I very much question whether it amounts to damage. And having a period is a natural thing almost every woman has on a monthly basis, incontinence is not. :rolleyes:
mabrookes
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jingers)
Do people understand that mattresses are expensive?
I know, and the damn things melt and sometimes even catch fire when in contact with blood - you tell them :rolleyes:
blinkbelle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
We're not debating the naturalness of the event, rather the perceived risk associated with allowing a person to share property. It 'might' not, then again it probably will because they've dilly-dallied allowing said stain to dry.
The likely frequency of the event is crucial to any consideration of the risk associated with it
kopite493
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
tbh id be slightly annoyed but not at you more at the fact that it happened if that makes sense :/

lol id probably just flip them mattress

saying that knowing my look it would somehow gone all the way through lol
mabrookes
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
We're not debating the naturalness of the event, rather the perceived risk associated with allowing a person to share property. It 'might' not, then again it probably will because they've dilly-dallied allowing said stain to dry.
What do you wear to stop the effects of having a "wet dream" when staying in a girls bed - something you can have without warning anytime in life, after all have you considered they want their property clean?
GeorgEGNT
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm sure he'll understand. Just let him know and get as much out of it as possible then invest in a matress protector or something?

Things like this happen, it's not the end of the world.
kopite493
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

thats like the average cycle XD so yeah kinda does vary by 30 days
mabrookes
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kopite493)
tbh id be slightly annoyed but not at you more at the fact that it happened if that makes sense :/

lol id probably just flip them mattress

saying that knowing my look it would somehow gone all the way through lol
I think you might be safe from that, unless you're murdering people lol . . . . . . . you're not, are you :confused:
kopite493
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mabrookes)
I think you might be safe from that, unless you're murdering people lol . . . . . . . you're not, are you :confused:
lol no im not
and you say that but it happened to my friend he was not amused
dannni93
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
dont hide it from him, it will scare him half to death when he finds it and thinks he's done it.
Jimbo1234
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kopite493)
thats like the average cycle XD so yeah kinda does vary by 30 days
:facepalm2:
Please tell me you did not say that. The cycle comes every 28 days, give or take a few, not give or take 30 days....****ing derp.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (41)
7.78%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (308)
58.44%
No (178)
33.78%

Watched Threads