The Student Room Group

Deloitte Bright Start Final Assessment Day

Hello,

I have my FAD for Aduit (London) next week :/ i was wondering if anyone had any tips at all. Is the FAD different from the grad one ? Anyone got any advice for the e-tray.

Thanks!

Ben
Reply 1
Original post by ben05
Hello,

I have my FAD for Aduit (London) next week :/ i was wondering if anyone had any tips at all. Is the FAD different from the grad one ? Anyone got any advice for the e-tray.

Thanks!

Ben

The FAD is very much similar to what I read about the graduate one. For the etray there is no wrong answers but there are better ones, just try and make sure you answer every question and refer to the info given when you can. For the written part I took a number of notes about the 3 companies and then chose the one I would buy. Then just put that all together in an email and explain why you chose that one and not the others, whilst also giving pros and cons for every one. Then if you have time take a few more notes for the interview. I was just asked what company I chose and why and to give some commercial awareness examples. Then a few more competency questions (mainly the competencies they didnt test in the first interview) and then a general chat and I had the chance to ask anything. Its a pretty enjoyable day so dont get to stressed out about it. Even if you are nervous just make sure you seem very interested! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Scottish16
The FAD is very much similar to what I read about the graduate one. For the etray there is no wrong answers but there are better ones, just try and make sure you answer every question and refer to the info given when you can. For the written part I took a number of notes about the 3 companies and then chose the one I would buy. Then just put that all together in an email and explain why you chose that one and not the others, whilst also giving pros and cons for every one. Then if you have time take a few more notes for the interview. I was just asked what company I chose and why and to give some commercial awareness examples. Then a few more competency questions (mainly the competencies they didnt test in the first interview) and then a general chat and I had the chance to ask anything. Its a pretty enjoyable day so dont get to stressed out about it. Even if you are nervous just make sure you seem very interested! :smile:

Thanks for your reply! is the written etray always the "Trafford Lea" one?

thanks
Reply 3
Original post by ben05
Thanks for your reply! is the written etray always the "Trafford Lea" one?

thanks

Ye you are working on behalf of Trafford Lea and have 3 companies to choose from purchasing. :smile:
Reply 4
Honestly the partner interview is what matters, concentrate beforehand on coming up with a couple of examples for evidence on each of the seven competencies (if there are still 7). Also make a point of showing some interest in what line of industry the partner is in. Assuming they are in Audit if they haven't already said at the start of the interview which industry they align to then ask at the end. If they say they're public sector maybe you could ask about how the government cuts have affected budgets set aside for auditing and if they are now seeing it pick back up. Generic questions could be asking something like how much of their work is abroad, what client engagements they oversee and what's made them want to stay at Deloitte.

You'll be in an unusually strong position during the interview. It's a new scheme for the firm and I'm sure they're still very aware that it's a risk for candidates to forgo university to join them. Don't be afraid to ask as many questions as required.

As for e-tray, you'll start getting a load of e-mails through that is very much a check for your common sense, think before you choose an extreme option in the multi-choice and make sure you read the question carefully to avoid silly mistakes.
Reply 5
Original post by olii
Honestly the partner interview is what matters, concentrate beforehand on coming up with a couple of examples for evidence on each of the seven competencies (if there are still 7). Also make a point of showing some interest in what line of industry the partner is in. Assuming they are in Audit if they haven't already said at the start of the interview which industry they align to then ask at the end. If they say they're public sector maybe you could ask about how the government cuts have affected budgets set aside for auditing and if they are now seeing it pick back up. Generic questions could be asking something like how much of their work is abroad, what client engagements they oversee and what's made them want to stay at Deloitte.

You'll be in an unusually strong position during the interview. It's a new scheme for the firm and I'm sure they're still very aware that it's a risk for candidates to forgo university to join them. Don't be afraid to ask as many questions as required.

As for e-tray, you'll start getting a load of e-mails through that is very much a check for your common sense, think before you choose an extreme option in the multi-choice and make sure you read the question carefully to avoid silly mistakes.

Thanks for all your help! From the first interview you can tell its a pilot scheme. No one seems to know anything about it!!!
Reply 6
Original post by ben05
Thanks for all your help! From the first interview you can tell its a pilot scheme. No one seems to know anything about it!!!

I know what you mean. But I think ive asked enough questions and seem to have found out most things about the scheme eventually, so if you have any questions just message me :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending