The Student Room Group

Does anyone here find fat people attractive?

Poll

Do you find fat people attractive?

Just wanted to know?

Personally I would hate to be fat as I know I would get rejected by 90% of girls if I was. So don't see how people can eat that much to get fat.

Also, if you look at that. Losing weight always makes someone more attractive. Someone who is fat who is a 6/10 when they lose weight they go up 2 points.

On fat people, I think society is to blame. Particularly adding nasty stuff to food to make them more tasty that is high in calories. Getting people addicted to drinks that are high in calories but with no nutritional value and just a ton of sugar. Myths that fat people have slow metabolism http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/treatments/healthy_living/your_weight/medical_myths.shtml

But, yeah do you find fat people attractive? Would you go out with a fat person?

Scroll to see replies

Do you know what fat is? because neither of those ladies fit that description.:lolwut:
Original post by Simplicity
Just wanted to know?

Personally I would hate to be fat as I know I would get rejected by 90% of girls if I was. So don't see how people can eat that much to get fat.

Also, if you look at that. Losing weight always makes someone more attractive. Someone who is fat who is a 6/10 when they lose weight they go up 2 points.

On fat people, I think society is to blame. Particularly adding nasty stuff to food to make them more tasty that is high in calories. Getting people addicted to drinks that are high in calories but with no nutritional value and just a ton of sugar. Myths that fat people have slow metabolism http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/treatments/healthy_living/your_weight/medical_myths.shtml

But, yeah do you find fat people attractive? Would you go out with a fat person?

I don't think being overweight automatically makes someone unattractive, so providing I liked him, yes. The same goes for a skinny person. As long as the individual isn't morbidly obese or severely underweight it's not a major issue.

EDIT: And metabolisms can vary, I've always had a fast metabolism with no underlying health problems causing it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
I never realised how much difference fat makes to attractiveness, but it's not becuase of the body change, it's the way it changes the face. I remember a girl in my school whose face was really plain and average but after she started to gym, her face had a lot more definition and she looked stunning. It's difficult to explain. Have a look at those "transformations" and you can see how much their facial aesthetics change.

But in general, I think fat people can be attractive but easily easily improved by exercise.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Define fat.

My girlfriend is 5 ft 7 and size 14 so she isn't skinny but I wouldn't say she is fat. She is hot and awesome in bed :wink:
Reply 5
She isn't that fat in the first pic, I mean she has a bit of a belly but it's not enough to make her not attractive. She definitely looks better in my opinion in the second picture though.

Original post by Tsunami2011
Do you know what fat is? because neither of those ladies fit that description.:lolwut:

It's the same lady before and after I think.
No.
Reply 7
Firstly I don't think it's society that's to blame, but rather the individual themselves, Society doesn't force up to choose a jam doughnut over an apple, it's hard at first but after a few weeks it's rather easy to kick the habit of eating fatty foods.

Got to agree though, lose weight not only makes you more attractive, but gives you the self confidence you need.
Depends how fat and whether I found them attractive. I don't think if shes a bit chubby or overweight they will automatically be unattractive
How does OP define fat?

That first pic is definitely not fat! That's actually smaller than the average woman in the UK!
Reply 10
Original post by Lewroll
Depends how fat and whether I found them attractive. I don't think if shes a bit chubby or overweight they will automatically be unattractive

AGREE!
Original post by Vixen47
How does OP define fat?

That first pic is definitely not fat! That's actually smaller than the average woman in the UK!

No one cares about average. Do you look at someone and say oh that's right you're average, no you don't !!!
Neither of the photos you have shown, show a 'fat' person.
They just show someone who isn't quite as toned as someone else.
Look at the girl in the first photo, she has quite small arms and legs and a little bit of a belly, but nice sized breasts. She is not fat, the girl in the second picture is just a little more tanned, with straightened hair, and slightly more toned, and flexing her muscles...therefore she automatically looks more appealing, but if you have her stand in the same position as the first photo, and you tke away her tan, and give her 'bed' hair, she wouldn't look too great. :smile:
Just wanted to know?

please if you look at my thread you will see that a lot of people think the fat me is a lot more attractive than the thin me...
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1712169
I don't think fat in itself is attractive no, but some people are appealing anyway despite the fat, if that makes sense. And yes I would go out with somebody "fat".

but the lass in your post OP is not fat either before OR after. She's more toned after, but she isn't FAT in the first picture.
Just wanted to know?

blah blah blah

Fixed that for you.
Reply 16

Please stop rating people's looks out of 10, lol she went up 2 points? It's not a game. It's subjective, and rating is downgrading, just say 'in my opinion, she was moderately attractive and now she's improved considerably...' or something similar. What's wrong with giving respect to other people, it's not that hard.
Original post by Pride
Please stop rating people's looks out of 10, lol she went up 2 points? It's not a game. It's subjective, and rating is downgrading, just say 'in my opinion, she was moderately attractive and now she's improved considerably...' or something similar. What's wrong with giving respect to other people, it's not that hard.

He could take your advice- but the uneccessary use of 'moderately' and 'considerably' can come across as quite pretenious..just a thought.:biggrin:
Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude

Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude
No one cares about average. Do you look at someone and say oh that's right you're average, no you don't !!!

I do.

Almost every girl I know does; and I've attended a girls school for the last 5 years.
Just wanted to know?

We all know you're just a jealous, bitter Asian guy who was probably rejected by numerous white girls in his teenage years. :yep:

Anyway, curvy is best. Your examples aren't great.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending