Does this sound like a septate hymen? HELP PLEASE!

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
OK this is going to sound very stupid and probably gross but it is a serious question.

I'm 18 and still a virgin. I have a BF and would actually quite like to lose my virginity soon but I am petrified to do so because I'm pretty sure nothing would fit up there. I masturbate and even with that can only fit 2 fingers half way up because I seem to have 2 separate holes. The other hole can only fit my pinky finger in and even then it hurts. I think I might have a septate hymen but even with a mirror I can't see anything clear so I'm unsure.

I also have a lot of problems using tampons. I can insert it no problem into the larger hole but when it comes to getting it out it is usually VERY painful and seems to get stuck in the skin in the middle.

Does anyone have any experience with this or can they confirm if it does indeed sound like a septate hymen?! Should I just go for sex and hope for the best although I have attempted myself and the skin does not seem like it will break easily, or should I go to my Dr?? I'm embarrassed to do so but I really want to get it fixed so if it needs to be seen by my Dr I will do that! I just don't want to go in and my Dr to tell me I am completely normal.

Also this might be a long shot but could something like this be caused by the fact I was a premature baby? I read somewhere that at once the hymen covered the whole vagina and it erodes away before birth, so because I was born earlier maybe there was less chance for it to do so?

Also I am embarrassed to tell my mum but is there a chance it is heriditary and she had the same issue?
Rhiani-ani-on
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
OK this is going to sound very stupid and probably gross but it is a serious question.

I'm 18 and still a virgin. I have a BF and would actually quite like to lose my virginity soon but I am petrified to do so because I'm pretty sure nothing would fit up there. I masturbate and even with that can only fit 2 fingers half way up because I seem to have 2 separate holes. The other hole can only fit my pinky finger in and even then it hurts. I think I might have a septate hymen but even with a mirror I can't see anything clear so I'm unsure.

I also have a lot of problems using tampons. I can insert it no problem into the larger hole but when it comes to getting it out it is usually VERY painful and seems to get stuck in the skin in the middle.

Does anyone have any experience with this or can they confirm if it does indeed sound like a septate hymen?! Should I just go for sex and hope for the best although I have attempted myself and the skin does not seem like it will break easily, or should I go to my Dr?? I'm embarrassed to do so but I really want to get it fixed so if it needs to be seen by my Dr I will do that! I just don't want to go in and my Dr to tell me I am completely normal.

Also this might be a long shot but could something like this be caused by the fact I was a premature baby? I read somewhere that at once the hymen covered the whole vagina and it erodes away before birth, so because I was born earlier maybe there was less chance for it to do so?

Also I am embarrassed to tell my mum but is there a chance it is heriditary and she had the same issue?
Go to see your GP xx
Boo!xx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
as above. If your worried you can ask to see a female one.
Fjarskafinn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Go see your GP, it's the only way to truly put your mind at ease.

But are you 100% sure the smaller hole isn't your urethra? This might be a really stupid question, but it's best to make sure!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Fjarskafinn)
Go see your GP, it's the only way to truly put your mind at ease.

But are you 100% sure the smaller hole isn't your urethra? This might be a really stupid question, but it's best to make sure!
Yes I am almost 100% sure it isn't. Previously that is what I thought and that is why at the ripe old age of 18 I am only figuring this out now. I have made the appointment with my GP but I am still so nervous to go. Is it likely she will have seen anything like this before? Do I say I suspect I have a sepate hymen when I go in or just explain the tampon problem?
squeak
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
why are you worried your GP is going to say you're normal? That's what you'd want to hear surely?

Anyway, go see your GP tell him/her that you've had trouble using tampons and you would like them to check you out down there. It's nothing new to them.
username5110176
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Omg! Your story is exactly what I am going through right now. I think I have a septate hymen and want to use tampons but once one got stuck and took a lot of tugging to get out. I also feel embarrassed / scared to go to my GP, and I feel embarrassed to talk to my mum about it. Seeing as your post was put up 8 years ago, I’m guessing you’ve been to your GP. Please could you let me know how the appointment went and what happened, did you have a surgery? It would really put my mind at ease to hear how the rest of your estate hymen journey went x
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by username5110176)
Omg! Your story is exactly what I am going through right now. I think I have a septate hymen and want to use tampons but once one got stuck and took a lot of tugging to get out. I also feel embarrassed / scared to go to my GP, and I feel embarrassed to talk to my mum about it. Seeing as your post was put up 8 years ago, I’m guessing you’ve been to your GP. Please could you let me know how the appointment went and what happened, did you have a surgery? It would really put my mind at ease to hear how the rest of your estate hymen journey went x
Hello, I am exactly the same. I have a telephone appointment with consultant but I guess if I need surgery I will have to wait a longgg time due to the current pandemic. Have you been able to see anyone or have the issue resolved?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (89)
38.36%
Take autumn exams (76)
32.76%
Look for a job (6)
2.59%
Consider an apprenticeship (8)
3.45%
Take a year out (39)
16.81%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
6.03%

Watched Threads