The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher French 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Original post by -chiquitita
Just saw this and remembered a couple of months ago, one of my French teachers came into our class and told us this exact story - she must be friends with your teacher! Small, smaaaaall world.

She will be - she's the external verifier for the Baccalaureate at your school. Just as your language teachers are ours, and came to my proposal/presentation. :tongue:
Original post by OddThings
Thats higher than I thought. Do you know what you would need to score in the final to get an A then?

You need an overall of 70%. Not sure how to work out what you'd need to get in the exam to get an A... Maths isn't my forte :wink:
Original post by J'adoreMaCachette
You need an overall of 70%. Not sure how to work out what you'd need to get in the exam to get an A... Maths isn't my forte :wink:

Ah,well I knew that..:colondollar: Maths isn't my forte either so..well,just do my best I guess.
Reply 143
Hello sorry to gatecrash here but I was wondering if anyone could help me! I'm sitting the AH exam on Thursday, and I haven't started revising yet... how is everybody revising? I don't know what to do! I can't remember how I revised for Higher, and I am so familiar with the past papers that I don't find them very interesting at all. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Merci beaucoup :smile:
Original post by evie1234
Hello sorry to gatecrash here but I was wondering if anyone could help me! I'm sitting the AH exam on Thursday, and I haven't started revising yet... how is everybody revising? I don't know what to do! I can't remember how I revised for Higher, and I am so familiar with the past papers that I don't find them very interesting at all. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Merci beaucoup :smile:

You could try listening to the French radio? Even just while browsing the internet/doing other things. I find it really helps.

Original post by anyone_can_fly
You could try listening to the French radio? Even just while browsing the internet/doing other things. I find it really helps.

I'd highly reccommend this as well, it really helped bring up my listening marks. :smile:
Reply 146

Original post by christielovesyou
I'd highly reccommend this as well, it really helped bring up my listening marks. :smile:

Thank you, this is great! :smile:

I know the feeling! As much as I adore French, the AH is rather uninteresting.
Reply 148
I know the feeling! As much as I adore French, the AH is rather uninteresting.

It's nice to know someone else feels the same! My teacher isn't the very good...I have literally done nothing this year but coast by on my innate ability (feel a bit guilty - I actually like working). And to be honest, I'm not that bothered about Thursday but feel like I should do something!! But everytime I pick something up, I get distracted :| The radio tip is great, I will try that... and I made the cutest little grammar book the other day, so that's something hahaha! Are you off to uni in September?
It's nice to know someone else feels the same! My teacher isn't the very good...I have literally done nothing this year but coast by on my innate ability (feel a bit guilty - I actually like working). And to be honest, I'm not that bothered about Thursday but feel like I should do something!! But everytime I pick something up, I get distracted :| The radio tip is great, I will try that... and I made the cutest little grammar book the other day, so that's something hahaha! Are you off to uni in September?

Yeah Glasgow :biggrin: You?
Reply 150
Yeah Glasgow :biggrin: You?

Stirling :smile: what will you be studying?

Does this really help with listening? I listen to German music radio,read newspapers and watch news reports every day anyway out of habit..hopefully that helps. Would this help do you think? Its the essay I'm worried about and timing.I get flustered easily.
Reply 152
Does this really help with listening? I listen to German music radio,read newspapers and watch news reports every day anyway out of habit..hopefully that helps. Would this help do you think? Its the essay I'm worried about and timing.I get flustered easily.

For the essay, I do a quick plan.... like I narrow down which one I will choose by how much I think I can write about it. Then I quickly jot down my main points, then keep referring back to it throughout - it helps me stay focused, see what I still need to put in, etc. Maybe this would help you to not get flustered... you don't need to worry, you just have to try your best :smile:

I think it does, you get more of an ear for the language so you can pick things up easier. It also helps with getting a good accent, though that's not important for Thursday. Probably won't help for the essay, though.
Stirling :smile: what will you be studying?

French, German and... something. Probably Italian. Are you doing languages too?
I've just had an "ooooooh!" moment. You know how I said it could be on Olympics/health? I have a feeling it might be on drug use in sport...

I'm typing up some health notes at the moment, so if anyone wants them, just PM me you email address. :smile:
Reply 156
Original post by christielovesyou
I've just had an "ooooooh!" moment. You know how I said it could be on Olympics/health? I have a feeling it might be on drug use in sport...

I'm typing up some health notes at the moment, so if anyone wants them, just PM me you email address. :smile:

I was thinking it might be that too. It's topical and it's a more complex take on the Olympics :smile: I think there was an article on Euro-news about it which made me think that it could be about that. Good luck! :smile:

I'm really bad at listening but I'm finding it really useful to listen to French radio because there is so much on the election and the European Union etc :smile:

Good luck for Thursday everyone!
Reply 157
French, German and... something. Probably Italian. Are you doing languages too?

Yeaah I'm doing Primary Education with French and Spanish...soo excited :smile: Italian would be great!
Since the exam is getting closer, I'm naturally starting to get really quite worried.

Anyone got any predictions for the essays? :smile: I'm hoping for marriage since in the last 5 years there has only been 1 (2009) and failing that women/generation gap or education. I could probably scrape by on Europe but for everything else I have a big problem.

And whoever said listening to the radio helps, thank you, I'm just about to try this for a while :smile:
Original post by _Stephieee
Since the exam is getting closer, I'm naturally starting to get really quite worried.

Anyone got any predictions for the essays? :smile: I'm hoping for marriage since in the last 5 years there has only been 1 (2009) and failing that women/generation gap or education. I could probably scrape by on Europe but for everything else I have a big problem.

And whoever said listening to the radio helps, thank you, I'm just about to try this for a while :smile:

Haha I've just spent the last 2 hours trying to work out what's going to be in my French and German exam! :colondollar:

I think there's a high chance there'll be an essay question on wind or solar energy and also perhaps one on the future of Europe! I am stuffed if there's not a Europe or Environment question! However, I also sense that the listening may be on Europe as it's been a long time since they used that as a topic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending