Rejected by mcdonalds wtf!!!!! Watch

SeaSickSteve!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago

Thank you for applying for the position of 29658.

Although we liked your application form we can see that the shift pattern we would expect you to work or the distance you would have to travel to get to our restaurant means that this restaurant may not be the best suited for you. Please check our other restaurants for vacancies which may be better suited to where you live or which hours you are looking to work. Alternatively if you are able to change your availability and the hours you want to work we will be able to reconsider your application. If so, please contact the restaurant.

Thanks for taking the time to apply, we would like to wish you every success in the future.

Good luck and kind regards,

McDonald's Central Recruitment Team

MY SHIFT PATTER WAS ANYDAY AVAILABLE APART FROM WEDNESDAY IN WHICH I COULD WORK EVENINGS AND I LIVE 5 MILES AWAY WITH BUSES RUNNING UP TILL 1AM FROM 6AM IN THE MORNING WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **** MCDONALDS uhuhuhuhuuhhuhuuhugghhhhhhhhhhh! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tigger034
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Maybe they wanted you to work wednesdays?
Comet Andromeda
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
dont worry I got rejected by them too... I DIDN'T WANT TO WORK THERE ANYWAY.
so there
acat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I didn't even get a reply back from them...
Astonix
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Probably not chavy enough to work there.
GeorgEGNT
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This is why I'm afraid to apply to work in McDonalds (probably wouldn't want to anyway). McDonalds do require 5am starts though so it might have been difficult for you to get in for early shifts. Other than that, are they letting you down gently?

If I got rejected by McDonalds I don't think I'd recover from the shame.
chronic_fatigue
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My sister got rejected by them a week ago. I got rejected by KFC.
HJV
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Maybe they found another person with better availability. It's not a black hole where you can throw all the unemployed people, each restaurant only employs a limited amount of people. They needed 1 new person and found someone they liked better than you, simples.
SeaSickSteve!
Rep:
?
(Original post by GeorgEGNT)
This is why I'm afraid to apply to work in McDonalds (probably wouldn't want to anyway). McDonalds do require 5am starts though so it might have been difficult for you to get in for early shifts. Other than that, are they letting you down gently?

If I got rejected by McDonalds I don't think I'd recover from the shame.
The assistant manager that works there lives a few doors down from me, i think my humiliation is complete, i ought to beat him up an go to jail to avoid the shame when my mats find out UUUUHHHUJHGHHGHGGHGHHG
SeaSickSteve!
Rep:
?
(Original post by HJV)
Maybe they found another person with better availability. It's not a black hole where you can throw all the unemployed people, each restaurant only employs a limited amount of people. They needed 1 new person and found someone they liked better than you, simples.
i checked on the website after they rejected me, the 5 vacancies are still up, im baffled, i worked in a call centre a few months before!!
GeorgEGNT
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by SeaSickSteve!)
The assistant manager that works there lives a few doors down from me, i think my humiliation is complete, i ought to beat him up an go to jail to avoid the shame when my mats find out UUUUHHHUJHGHHGHGGHGHHG
To be honest mate I'd just move on and not let it get to you that much. I know it might seem a bit annoying at first but just think to yourself whether you'd actually want to work there.

Chin up, keep looking.
BenjyK
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Been there done that :sad:

I was so overcome with shame I didnt tell anyone until i got another job

Still, if they'd taken me I wouldnt be working for Waitrose at much better pay, see it like that OP :grin:
Sarawrr
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That's unfortunate... maybe they had someone who lived next door or something? It's not as though they rejected you for being crap, though, which is a bonus. Well, so they say
HJV
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i checked on the website after they rejected me, the 5 vacancies are still up, im baffled, i worked in a call centre a few months before!!
Well that's odd then. Is it possible that the call centre gave you bad references for whatever reason?
ktlaurenroe
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I got the exact same email.

to be fair though I could only work evenings and weekends so that was more understandable... but I'm a fairly good student and I've been rejected from sooo many jobs, and I know total idiots from my school who literally get like D's and C's having good jobs.
KFC and Pizza Hut included in the rejection pit - o srry u dnt have enuff experiense 2 walk round dis eatery holdin a pizza lol :/ :/ SRRY xoxox

I'm still a bit bitter as you can tell.
HurricaneDominic
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Thank you for applying for the position of 29658.

Although we liked your application form we can see that the shift pattern we would expect you to work or the distance you would have to travel to get to our restaurant means that this restaurant may not be the best suited for you. Please check our other restaurants for vacancies which may be better suited to where you live or which hours you are looking to work. Alternatively if you are able to change your availability and the hours you want to work we will be able to reconsider your application. If so, please contact the restaurant.

Thanks for taking the time to apply, we would like to wish you every success in the future.

Good luck and kind regards,

McDonald's Central Recruitment Team

MY SHIFT PATTER WAS ANYDAY AVAILABLE APART FROM WEDNESDAY IN WHICH I COULD WORK EVENINGS AND I LIVE 5 MILES AWAY WITH BUSES RUNNING UP TILL 1AM FROM 6AM IN THE MORNING WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **** MCDONALDS uhuhuhuhuuhhuhuuhugghhhhhhhhhhh! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I worked there 9 months.
The pro's are that at my place they were flexible but the con's were that scheduling sucked. They gave me over 60 hours in 8 days a few weeks before my AS exams so I just quit as I'd already given them a letter stating my availability of which they ignored, and so I ignored the 'notice' of 1-2 weeks and quit on the spot.

HurricaneDominic
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ktlaurenroe)
I got the exact same email.

to be fair though I could only work evenings and weekends so that was more understandable... but I'm a fairly good student and I've been rejected from sooo many jobs, and I know total idiots from my school who literally get like D's and C's having good jobs.
KFC and Pizza Hut included in the rejection pit - o srry u dnt have enuff experiense 2 walk round dis eatery holdin a pizza lol :/ :/ SRRY xoxox

I'm still a bit bitter as you can tell.
Haha the section where you went all chavy made me laugh, especially the xoxo
SeaSickSteve!
Rep:
?
(Original post by HurricaneDominic)
I worked there 9 months.
The pro's are that at my place they were flexible but the con's were that scheduling sucked. They gave me over 60 hours in 8 days a few weeks before my AS exams so I just quit as I'd already given them a letter stating my availability of which they ignored, and so I ignored the 'notice' of 1-2 weeks and quit on the spot.

i was only wantin to work for a month there before i started college in late aug/sept...
mikestraws
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Bro I once got rejected by lidl. Shelf Stacker.
ktlaurenroe
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by HurricaneDominic)
Haha the section where you went all chavy made me laugh, especially the xoxo
hahaha, I sound so bitter, it's great
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads