The Student Room Group

Rejected by mcdonalds wtf!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

well, maybe they just had enough people working there and they received too many apps so they simply made an excuse to reject you

logical. Job market is tough
When mcdonalds reject you, you know there's many fatal errors in your cv
Original post by ktlaurenroe
I got the exact same email. :frown:

to be fair though I could only work evenings and weekends so that was more understandable... but I'm a fairly good student and I've been rejected from sooo many jobs, and I know total idiots from my school who literally get like D's and C's having good jobs.
KFC and Pizza Hut included in the rejection pit - o srry u dnt have enuff experiense 2 walk round dis eatery holdin a pizza lol :/ :/ SRRY xoxox

I'm still a bit bitter as you can tell.

an eatery. LOL
Original post by Dr Ben
an eatery. LOL

I couldn't think of a chavvy way to say restaurant haha :frown:
And now you face the hard reality; your grades and academics count for nothing in the real world.

Keep trying. You'll find something eventually.
I've been rejected from KFC, Greggs and a crappy cleaning job at a college (plus loads more but they're the worst ones). Don't feel too bad, there's always going to be people who don't get the job, the people who get them probably have at least 5 years experience nowadays!
I know total idiots from my school who literally get like D's and C's having good jobs.

Leave C's alone.
I've got 6 years of work experience and A*AA at A level. Got rejected for crew member. Don't be phased by it, they are clearly looking for some one very special. Am I bitter? yes. I have to fight the urge to demand to speak to the manager whenever I'm in a McDonald. Have you seen the work? skills and qualifications ... :rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Leave C's alone.

I get C's also. Definitely not hating on the c's here or I'd be shooting myself in the foot. But people who are literally failing most things getting jobs, I don't understand how they do it.
if you get rejected its probably because you're too smart for the managers to handle.

Dumbasses are easily whipped into obedience, people studying hard usually find better jobs.

Anyways, every supermarket chain offers higher than minimum wage these days for the floor jobs and you can progress through the ranks because it is usually a good company. Tescos is a great employer.

The only exception for a supermarket job is the tills...good lawd I hate tills.
Original post by chronic_fatigue
My sister got rejected by them a week ago. I got rejected by KFC.

guess it runs in the famo.
Reply 31
Original post by hamzazulfiqar
guess it runs in the famo.

I don't think 'famo' is a word.
I got the exact same email. :frown:

to be fair though I could only work evenings and weekends so that was more understandable... but I'm a fairly good student and I've been rejected from sooo many jobs, and I know total idiots from my school who literally get like D's and C's having good jobs.
KFC and Pizza Hut included in the rejection pit - o srry u dnt have enuff experiense 2 walk round dis eatery holdin a pizza lol :/ :/ SRRY xoxox

I'm still a bit bitter as you can tell.

Lool at that. I don't why, but that cracked me up

I know how you feel OP, I got rejected by KFC. The site doesn't even let me apply for another branch. I can't even trick the system and apply with another email. Damn that colonel!
One day i'm going to apply to McDonalds, then when they accept me, I'm just going to laugh and decline it.
Original post by Reformed2010
I've got 6 years of work experience and A*AA at A level. Got rejected for crew member. Don't be phased by it, they are clearly looking for some one very special. Am I bitter? yes. I have to fight the urge to demand to speak to the manager whenever I'm in a McDonald. Have you seen the work? skills and qualifications ... :rolleyes:

You were most likely overqualified; they knew that you'd leave for greater things after a while :tongue:
Good ol' Mcdonalds, I remember applying there after my A-levels during my gap year, they seemed happy with everything such as availabillity, previous experience etc. but in this rejection email thay they sent me they told me that qualifications weren't suitable for the job, I was baffled considering I had 4A*7A at GCSE and 4 A's at A-level at this point in time, ah well, their food is good
Original post by itsmyname
Lool at that. I don't why, but that cracked me up

I know how you feel OP, I got rejected by KFC. The site doesn't even let me apply for another branch. I can't even trick the system and apply with another email. Damn that colonel!

I just don't get how you "can't have enough experience" to work at pizza hut? D: I think they just use it as an excuse and pull applications out of a hat tbh, cause I know people who work there and they certainly had no experience when they applied. What relevant qualifications can you really have?! BSc Pizza Topping Arrangement and MA Writing Down An Order Very Quickly?

still bitter, still bitter...
Original post by Peachz
I don't think 'famo' is a word.

In the "Ghetto" it is.
Reply 38
Quite often you can be overqualified for a job, they won't employ you because they think you'll be gone as soon as you get a better offer (quite rightly too) or because your studies mean you won't be available to the extent they want. In this case to be blunt, a stupider and less able applicant is the better option because they'll have more loyalty from them.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Adidas90
Holy steaming shitcastles, you got rejected by Mcdonalds? I literally don't know what to say, you have no options left in life I'm sad to inform you

There's always the dole. Being on the dole's probably a step up the ladder from McDonald's anyway!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending