The Student Room Group

The TSR Pokémon Society III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by skipp
It's a game with many layers, so depending on how you play it can be more adult-orientated or more child-friendly. Anything new is potentially good though, so if they did make a game targeted at adults I'd by it in an instant :yep: but at the same time the current game structure works for me :dontknow:

honestly i have to agree with you, pokemon is unique in the way it has been created for a wide range of age spectrum. but unfortunately, black ops has swept me of my feet, but never the less i will return to pokemon one day :smile:
Reply 81
Original post by mohsanrabbani
honestly i have to agree with you, pokemon is unique in the way it has been created for a wide range of age spectrum. but unfortunately, black ops has swept me of my feet, but never the less i will return to pokemon one day :smile:

Definitely, I find a lot of it's appeal comes from the fact that you can grow up with it, there aren't many games that you can start playing in primary school & enjoy just as much (or even more) when you're 20 :yep: have fun with black ops, variety's always good, think we'd all get bored of playing the same type of game over & over :nooo: and there's nothing more varied than pokemon & an fps :p:
Original post by skipp
Definitely, I find a lot of it's appeal comes from the fact that you can grow up with it, there aren't many games that you can start playing in primary school & enjoy just as much (or even more) when you're 20 :yep: have fun with black ops, variety's always good, think we'd all get bored of playing the same type of game over & over :nooo: and there's nothing more varied than pokemon & an fps :p:

well said, you may just have convinced me into buying a 3ds and pokemon white :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by mohsanrabbani
well said, you may just have convinced me into buying a 3ds and pokemon white :smile:

:laugh: I apologise to your wallet
I've given up on laddering for today, top 3 still refuses to hand itself over :| moved onto playtesting builds for my gym team. Quick tip for anybody who plays competitively, this set is bloody awesome:

Latias@Leftovers
Bold
252HP/252Def/6Spe
Substitute
Calm Mind
Dragon Pulse
Recover/Psycho Shock

I've just made it up, and 6-0'd a couple of teams with it, so damn good at setting up in the face of loads of common stuff [=
Bred myself a Switcheroo Whimsicott, just so happens to be Careful nature with max HP and Speed IVs. :drool:
Reply 86
Finding it difficult to choose 6 pokemon for my drizzle team, currently need 5 from Ludicolo/jolteon/vappy/whimsicott/dragonite/swanna/croagunk...some of those might seem a bit odd but I want to try & see how they turn out :colondollar: My favoutie water at the moment is tentacruel, but don't think he'd add much to this team particularly :erm:
I'm back, but un-subbed. :h: :sad:
Reply 88
Original post by skipp
Finding it difficult to choose 6 pokemon for my drizzle team, currently need 5 from Ludicolo/jolteon/vappy/whimsicott/dragonite/swanna/croagunk...some of those might seem a bit odd but I want to try & see how they turn out :colondollar: My favoutie water at the moment is tentacruel, but don't think he'd add much to this team particularly :erm:

Well I assume you've got drizzle politoad as your other pokemon in your rain team.

try out this dragonite set
w/Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Sp Attk/ 252 Speed/ 4 Hp
Nature: Modest
Ability: Multiscale

- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Draco Meteor
- Surf

all it's moves barring DM will benefit from rain.

I assume you mean toxicroak which can be a beast in rain teams. and the other 3 is up to you. won't reconmend swana as it is generally weak in my opinion. but whatever floats your boat.
Battling on Nintendo Wifi is the worst thing ever - you'd think that a player with 704 wins would at least be honorable and stay til the end, but no :colonhash: I guess being outplayed by a guy with only 14 wins was too much for his ego to take, stupid Japanese BASTARD :angry:
Reply 90
Original post by she she
Well I assume you've got drizzle politoad as your other pokemon in your rain team.

try out this dragonite set
w/Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Sp Attk/ 252 Speed/ 4 Hp
Nature: Modest
Ability: Multiscale

- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Draco Meteor
- Surf

all it's moves barring DM will benefit from rain.

I assume you mean toxicroak which can be a beast in rain teams. and the other 3 is up to you. won't reconmend swana as it is generally weak in my opinion. but whatever floats your boat.

I've got all my movesets sorted, and that's pretty much the dragonite I've ended up with, still not sure I want draco meteor, but can do a little experimenting, it's just the combination of pokemon...you're right about swanna, think that's an easy one to dismiss, and yes I did mean toxicroak, still training it so got croagunks on the brain :emog: politoed is of course the 6th member

Think I'll also dismiss Jolteon, having that fast STAB thunder would be nice, but not sure it's necessary, can always sub out something else if I find I'm in need of it

Also if you find a quote from me in another thread that's my bad :facepalm: started writing my reply in the wrong thread :rolleyes:

Original post by R.J. Omega
Battling on Nintendo Wifi is the worst thing ever - you'd think that a player with 704 wins would at least be honorable and stay til the end, but no :colonhash: I guess being outplayed by a guy with only 14 wins was too much for his ego to take, stupid Japanese BASTARD :angry:

Maybe that's how he got his 704 wins...conveniently dc'ing all the time :pierre: some people are just unbelievable :sigh:

Original post by marcusmerehay
I'm back, but un-subbed. :h: :sad:

Yay :h:
(edited 12 years ago)
I think I've got a decent Battle Subway team going - I haven't EV'd the Whimsicott yet, so I thought I'd try again using Infernape, Hydreigon and Cloyster, and it works pretty well.

Infernape leads, and can usually take something out with Close Combat or Flare Blitz, but if he can't, he U-Turns out to Hydreigon, who is conveniently immune to Ground and Psychic attacks aimed at Infernape. Of course, there's no real way to take out the dreaded bulky Waters and Water/Grounds with this combo, save blasting through them with Choice Specs Dragon Pulse or Cloyster's Icicle Spear/Rock Blast, but it's got me my second streak above 35. Only problems I've had so far are Disable/Pain Split/Mean Look/Will-o-Wisp Dusknoir that trapped and ended up killing my Hydreigon indirectly through Struggle, and the few Psychics who are faster than Infernape so he can't U-Turn out quickly enough (Alakazam, Starmie etc.)

Lost to a Quick Claw Vaporeon that 3-0'd me with Surf and Blizzard, that was not a fun moment of BS hax :colonhash:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 92
Just been reminded by NV that we need to decide on rules for the gym tournament, if people have ideas/preferences please feel free to post them & we'll start making the rules proper :h:

I think I've got a decent Battle Subway team going - I haven't EV'd the Whimsicott yet, so I thought I'd try again using Infernape, Hydreigon and Cloyster, and it works pretty well.

Infernape leads, and can usually take something out with Close Combat or Flare Blitz, but if he can't, he U-Turns out to Hydreigon, who is conveniently immune to Ground and Psychic attacks aimed at Infernape. Of course, there's no real way to take out the dreaded bulky Waters and Water/Grounds with this combo, save blasting through them with Choice Specs Dragon Pulse or Cloyster's Icicle Spear/Rock Blast, but it's got me my second streak above 35. Only problems I've had so far are Disable/Pain Split/Mean Look/Will-o-Wisp Dusknoir that trapped and ended up killing my Hydreigon indirectly through Struggle, and the few Psychics who are faster than Infernape so he can't U-Turn out quickly enough (Alakazam, Starmie etc.)

Lost to a Quick Claw Vaporeon that 3-0'd me with Surf and Blizzard, that was not a fun moment of BS hax :colonhash:

Sounds pretty cool :yep: I'm going to be editing my battle subway team at some point :erm: will see if I can beat your streak currently got breloom/chadelure/pilloswine but it's a bit hit & miss

Just completely changed my rain team...after seeing it all laid out it seemed like whimsicott would just be dead weight...I have plenty of other cott builds so wasn't too great a loss. Now trying to patch the holes, politoed is a whole new experience as well :p:

Just a quick question, what are the main clauses people use online? should I worry about item clause?
Original post by skipp
Just a quick question, what are the main clauses people use online? should I worry about item clause?

Standard clauses are;
Sleep clause (Can only put one opponent to sleep at a time, not including Rest)
Freeze Clause (Can only freeze one opponent at a time, obviously not enforceable on the DS games)
Species Clause (No more than one of each pokemon per team)
Wifi Clause/Team Preview (Players preview the opponent's team and rearrange their lineup before the game)
Self KO Clause (In a 1v1 situation, using a self KO move to force a draw results in you losing)
Item Clause isn't standard, although it's widely acknowledged that using luck based items is unsporting behaviour.

That's it, I think =P
Reply 94
Thanks for that :yep: got 2 uses of leftovers, as well as a black sludge & a shell bell :o: might be overkill so was hoping that was the case so I could at least try it out :p:
Original post by skipp

Original post by skipp
Thanks for that :yep: got 2 uses of leftovers, as well as a black sludge & a shell bell :o: might be overkill so was hoping that was the case so I could at least try it out :p:

Yeah nobody minds overdosing on the same items, as long as they're fair in the first place. Teams with multiple focus sashes can really p*ss me off though XD
I'd recommend swapping out the Black Sludge for another leftovers. If an opponent is stupid enough to Trick it off of you, what's to stop them tricking it back to another of your pokes? =P
Original post by skipp

Sounds pretty cool :yep: I'm going to be editing my battle subway team at some point :erm: will see if I can beat your streak currently got breloom/chadelure/pilloswine but it's a bit hit & miss

Just completely changed my rain team...after seeing it all laid out it seemed like whimsicott would just be dead weight...I have plenty of other cott builds so wasn't too great a loss. Now trying to patch the holes, politoed is a whole new experience as well :p:

Oh really? Maybe we could have a side tournament competing for the best Battle Subway streaks :colone: just fyi, best I got was 75 with Cloyster, Hydreigon and Reuniclus, but this team has the potential to go further :cool:

Could I have a full team of Steels with Air Balloons, or would that be overkill? :awesome:
Could I have a full team of Steels with Air Balloons, or would that be overkill? :awesome:

You could if you wanted to, but you do realise the balloons stop working when you get hit by an attack, right?
Yes, I am aware of that :rolleyes: just having a team immune to Earthquake would be so beautiful :mmm:

Yes, I am aware of that :rolleyes: just having a team immune to Earthquake would be so beautiful :mmm:

Even if it only lasts for a few turns ;D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending