Tempted to get back into playing the tcg, not played in years :erm:
Reply 981
Original post by Artymess
As if I only get to like this once :rolleyes:

Tempted to get back into playing the tcg, not played in years :erm:

Do it :awesome:
Original post by skipp
Do it :awesome:

I wouldn't even know where to begin :K: Last time I played there were only 151 and everybody had a foil Machamp :rofl:
Reply 983
Original post by Artymess
I wouldn't even know where to begin :K: Last time I played there were only 151 and everybody had a foil Machamp :rofl:

There are so many now :coma: it's confusing, and you can end up spending a fortune if you want anything fancy, but you can have a damn good game with a friend and a prebuilt deck each :yep:

From the most recent 'dark explorers' set I'd recommend the water/dark 'shadows' theme deck :wink:
Original post by skipp
There are so many now :coma: it's confusing, and you can end up spending a fortune if you want anything fancy, but you can have a damn good game with a friend and a prebuilt deck each :yep:

From the most recent 'dark explorers' set I'd recommend the water/dark 'shadows' theme deck :wink:

I may have to invest :holmes: thanks for the recommendation :biggrin:

But raiders also looks good :erm: I'd much prefer ghosts, but psychic is close enough :yy:
Reply 985
Original post by skipp

Have you seen the Dragons Exalted set coming out
dragons-exalted-theme-decks.jpg

I want Ho-oh :biggrin:
51.jpg

I chose the Raiders deck, but bought the Zoroark/Zorua cards separately. Also the new Mewtwo/Darkrai EX tins will make the card prices fall, so hopefully more competitive decks.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Luhar
Have you seen the Dragons Exalted set coming out
dragons-exalted-theme-decks.jpg

I want Ho-oh :biggrin:
51.jpg

I chose the Raiders deck, but bought the Zoroark/Zorua cards separately. Also the new Mewtwo/Darkrai EX tins will make the card prices fall, so hopefully more competitive decks.

How much do they cost?
Reply 987
Original post by Jamiesonn
How much do they cost?

Err the theme decks are about £8 each and the booster packs are about £2.75 each.
Original post by Luhar
Err the theme decks are about £8 each and the booster packs are about £2.75 each.

Nothing like the good old days, when booster packs were £2.50 and you got 11 cards instead of 9 :sad:
Original post by Flyteryder
Nothing like the good old days, when booster packs were £2.50 and you got 11 cards instead of 9 :sad:

I know I remember when I was young 2.50 packs

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 990
Original post by Flyteryder

Yeh haha, I still continue buying them since I love collecting the cards and playing the TCG.
Reply 991
Original post by skipp
Pokémon drinking game rules:

1) Drink 1 for every 30HP lost
2) Drink 1 to play a trainer
3) Drink 2 for every prize your opponent takes
4) Drink 1 to evolve
5) Drink 3 to play a pokémon EX or Lv.X card
6) Drink 1 to put a pokémon on the bench
7) Drink the pokémon's retreat cost to retreat
8) Drink 1 for every 20HP healed
9) Drink 1 for every tails you get on a coin flip
10) Drink 1 to attach an energy card

So that's how my evening went....

Also the text colour I used? It's named 'Golden Rod' :awesome:

You have reminded me of this which I found a while back. pokemondrinking.jpg
I'm am a pretty decent drinker but I will honestly admit I would die before finishing that board :laugh:. I though the Lord of the Rings drinking game I played the other day was hardcore but this ruins it
Original post by skipp

4) Drink 1 to evolve

I so need to do this :yep: Also, Golden Rod :love:

I think I've come to the conclusion that Johto is my favourite region :yep:
Original post by skipp

4) Drink 1 to evolve

PRSOM :rolleyes:

Started a new trend of naming my Pokemon after F1 drivers, so I had Kimi Raikkonen, Schumacher, Alonso and Senna; couldn't think of a good name for Zubat and Hoothoot so I ended up with Zetta (a recommend to anyone who recognises where that's from :wink: ) and Honigstein :lol:

Also, we've been rediscovering the original Pokemon anime series - its quite interesting trying to hunt down all the banned episodes :tongue:
Original post by R.J. Omega
PRSOM :rolleyes:

Started a new trend of naming my Pokemon after F1 drivers, so I had Kimi Raikkonen, Schumacher, Alonso and Senna; couldn't think of a good name for Zubat and Hoothoot so I ended up with Zetta (a recommend to anyone who recognises where that's from :wink: ) and Honigstein :lol:

Also, we've been rediscovering the original Pokemon anime series - its quite interesting trying to hunt down all the banned episodes :tongue:

I had an F1 named team before once. :lol:

Boutsen the Pidgeot, Tambay the Miltank and Diniz the Dragonite I remember. :moon:
After my exams I have decide to whip out my yellow, silver, emerald, platinum and black and just start them all again :biggrin: by the time I'm done black and white 2 will be out :biggrin:
Original post by marcusmerehay
I had an F1 named team before once. :lol:

Boutsen the Pidgeot, Tambay the Miltank and Diniz the Dragonite I remember. :moon:

Its good fun isn't it :h: seems strange how famous sportspersons have unusual names, but I guess it only seems that way BECAUSE they're famous :lol:

Have a gut feeling I'll go for names of players at the Euros next with Dzagoev, Huntelaar, Coentrao and co. :biggrin:
Can't wait for the 25th. Starting White again as I stopped a while ago on my current save due to getting bored. After this, I'll probably go on Heartgold.

On another note, I'm trying to get back into the competitive side of Pokemon. Built an OU team earlier and lost all 3 of my matches due to forgetting about threats and movesets as well as making me remember why I preferred UU.
Does anybody have any Play Asia coupon codes I code possibly use? I really don't want to pay over £45 for my Black 2 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest