The Student Room Group

The TSR Pokémon Society III

Scroll to see replies

I bought Pokemon White the other day and I was just wondering, is there some sort of leader board or something to show off your stats and how many Pokemon you have collected out of the 600+? Or is the only way you can do this by loading up the individual games and checking the Pokedex to see how many Pokemon you've collected from that specific game?
Laura is such a jammy bugger - she has a 3 in 65,536 chance of getting Pokerus naturally, and she does it on a NUZLOCKE for christ's sake! :grumble:

Now I have to try and explain all about Effort Values and what Pokerus actually does, and she didn't even realise what was going on at first- lucky biyatch :colonhash:
Pokemon. The good old days. I still remember my very first pokemon game, yellow version I think it was where I naively only trained my pidgey all the way to elite four and lost miserably. The reason I chose pidgey was because it was the only pokemon that I thought could defeat the first gym leader Brock's rock types because Pikachu was practically useless against Geodude and Onix. Plus Pidgey also learned some pretty good moves at the beginning. It's laughable now thinking in retrospect. :smile: I clearly had no idea about team building.
I need to get to a game shop to play Pokemon Yellow again :yep:
Original post by R.J. Omega
Laura is such a jammy bugger - she has a 3 in 65,536 chance of getting Pokerus naturally, and she does it on a NUZLOCKE for christ's sake! :grumble:

Now I have to try and explain all about Effort Values and what Pokerus actually does, and she didn't even realise what was going on at first- lucky biyatch :colonhash:

Who's this Laura :holmes:
Original post by Welsh Leprecaun
Who's this Laura :holmes:

My haaaawt gamer gf :h: it'd be cool if she didnt own me so much on Pokemon :colonhash:
After the incredible success of my Joey run I've been longing for a rattata/raticate to survive long enough on a nuzlocke run to make the most of the ridiculously OP hyperfang.

Alas, any rattata I catch seems incredibly prone to poorly timed critical hits.

RIP Ginny, Algernon, Brutus, Hector and Ratty :frown:
Original post by cpdavis
I need to get to a game shop to play Pokemon Yellow again :yep:

Pokemon yellow would have been much nicer if they had made Pikachu stronger. It's useless in the current version because it refuses evolve and as a result its stats are crap. My favourite version would be Gold/Silver, mainly because it's like paying the same price for two versions (Johto and Kanto). And imo Lugia and Ho-oh are the best legendary pokemons.
Original post by velvetbrain
I bought Pokemon White the other day and I was just wondering, is there some sort of leader board or something to show off your stats and how many Pokemon you have collected out of the 600+? Or is the only way you can do this by loading up the individual games and checking the Pokedex to see how many Pokemon you've collected from that specific game?

I'm not totally certain, but I think that on the Pokemon Global Link website, when you make an account there will be a sort of profile page that has your Dreamworld score and Pokemon you've sent back, and there might be another page that has your Pokedex with the number of Pokemon you've caught, but I haven't been on the Global Link for a while and I can't remember how its all set out.

Of course, this would mean there's no real way to find out how many Pokemon you've caught from the other games, since it didn't exist then, unless you wanted to transfer every unique Pokemon you have ever caught to your White game.
Black and White 2 launched in Japan yesterday, some of the stats of the new formes are insane. Thundurus and Landorus have had their SpAtt and Att stats increased to 145 respectively at the expense of -10 Spe, and Black and White Kyurem have base 170 Att/SpAtt respectively now! That's stronger than Slaking/Regigigas with better typing (Especially so for Ubers) whilst having awesome abilities (Especially White Kyurem). Can't wait to use them. Tornadus got kinda gimped in comparison, with a small boost to spe/def/SpDef but no enough to earn it the description of bulky, and there's nothing on Keldeo's new forme getting anything different either, it appears to be solely an aesthetic thing.

There's also a complete list of who learns what from the new move tutors, which can be found here. Nothing as game breaking as the introduction of Bullet Punch Scizor from what I can tell, but still lots of cool stuff. Kyurem gets even more toys in the form of Earth Power and Roost, those formes are going to be ridiculous.
(edited 11 years ago)
Can't wait until it's released over here

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
If anybody's interested in competitive battling at all, the Pokemon Showdown battle simulator has been updated with all the new additions.
I didn't want to pay for the Japanese Black 2 which I couldn't understand, so I'm going to wait for the English release.

Last night I started a new game on Black for something to do, and when I tried to save before the first gym it said I had to erase the current save file at the title screen first! I was so angry; on the GBC/A games you can just save over the file, but it told me it was impossible to save, so now I have to redo the start of the game again. Not happy!
Behold, Laura's portrayal of Misty, stood next to Sackboy from LBP!

misty.jpg
Hey, I ended up coming back to TSR for a night cos I turned up on girlfriend's PC and found that she'd made an account! Been chatting away to a few old faces in another thread but I couldn't go to bed without saying hi to some of my old pokefriends! How's it going? Is skipp still about? If she is... hello skipp!

Just seen in the sig above me that my gyms thing is still going! That's amazing! That must have been about three years ago that that got started? Maybe a bit less.

I lost literally everything I own recently (got burgled) so I got a GBC with RBY versions on it. Got to 151 pokemon within a couple of weeks (used the glitch for Mew... :colondollar:), it was great. Planning to work through the generations now until Black and White 2 are out. Playing Silver at the moment - had to get a version online that had had its internal clock replaced, as I hate roms, especially when I don't actually have a computer of my own to play on. Plus I have the Special Pikachu Version of the GBC which is infinitely cooler than any emulator. Making some old friends along the way like RBY Tauros but I've totally lost the ability to use Chansey properly in the older versions! She could attack so well back then, it doesn't feel right.

Ahhhh pokemon.

And bed for me. Might sign on again soon. Love to everyone!
Ended up restarting my White save out of sheer boredom, just made it to Victory Road. :h:

Archeops Lv 47 - Fly, Rock Tomb, U-Turn, Shadow Claw.
Simisear Lv 47 - Flame Burst, Retaliate, Shadow Claw, Rock Smash.
Samurott Lv 48 - Surf, Waterfall, Slash, X-Scissor.
Krookodile Lv 48 - Dig, Rock Tomb, Foul Play, Retaliate.
Druddigon Lv 48 - Night Slash, Dragon Claw, Bulldoze, Dragon Tail.
Vanilluxe Lv 49 - Ice Beam, Mirror Coat, Flash Cannon, Toxic.
I want to restart my Soulsilver, however I am very reluctant to getting rid of my lv93 typhosion and I only have 1 DS. What could I do? :unsure:
540377_320249314716446_2005519587_n.jpg

I am tears :') How have I only just seen this?
Reply 1018
Original post by JordanS94
540377_320249314716446_2005519587_n.jpg

I am tears :') How have I only just seen this?

Fabulous.
Original post by marcusmerehay
Ended up restarting my White save out of sheer boredom, just made it to Victory Road. :h:

Archeops Lv 47 - Fly, Rock Tomb, U-Turn, Shadow Claw.
Simisear Lv 47 - Flame Burst, Retaliate, Shadow Claw, Rock Smash.
Samurott Lv 48 - Surf, Waterfall, Slash, X-Scissor.
Krookodile Lv 48 - Dig, Rock Tomb, Foul Play, Retaliate.
Druddigon Lv 48 - Night Slash, Dragon Claw, Bulldoze, Dragon Tail.
Vanilluxe Lv 49 - Ice Beam, Mirror Coat, Flash Cannon, Toxic.

I had vanilluxe at that stage ... I though it kicked ass until I realised it was terrible

Quick Reply

Latest