The Student Room Group

The TSR Pokémon Society III

Scroll to see replies

Charizard is back in the anime :biggrin: It's the next episode in Japan, I don;t watch the anime any more but I may watch this one XD
Who knows when Movie 15 is going to air worldwide? Or has it already?

And regarding Movie 16, will Mewtwo appear to the protagonist or antagonist?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Jamiesonn
When are the new pokemon games coming out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

October 2013 worldwide including America, Britain and Japan
Odd that they will release on the same month though?:s-smilie:
Pokemon_DBZ_Showdown_by_EiffelArt.jpg
First time, I saw the image. I thought Hitmonlee was a headless fighter
NEW POKEMON HAS BEEN RELEASED!

newmewtwo_610.jpg

And, as you can see, it has something to do with Mewtwo. We're still not sure what though but to me, it looks like a younger version. I also think it looks pretty cool. Hated the idea when the scan was released but I'm interested to see how we get it and how it ties in.

Thoughts?
Mewthree?
Original post by Scott129
NEW POKEMON HAS BEEN RELEASED!

newmewtwo_610.jpg

And, as you can see, it has something to do with Mewtwo. We're still not sure what though but to me, it looks like a younger version. I also think it looks pretty cool. Hated the idea when the scan was released but I'm interested to see how we get it and how it ties in.

Thoughts?

I really like it, at least they're doing what the fans want, a lot of people complained that Gen 5 had nothing to do with the original gen so they've tied this one in with the original game. It annoys me though that all them militant gen 1 fans are complaining. They bloody asked for something like this when they saw Gen 5 :angry: I'm hoping that it's not a new form though, I want there to be another great back story to this new Mew pokemon to do with cloning. If it is an new Mewtwo form I call Speed form.
I miss my old pokemon, you have to admit some of the pokemon now are terrible...

Lampent :lolwut:
And candles and everything...

I've only played until platinum... :frown:
It better not be an improvement on Mewtwo. Mewtwo will always be the ultimate legendary, even above Arceus.
Original post by getoom
Mewthree?

Mewoneandahalf
Original post by JordanS94
I really like it, at least they're doing what the fans want, a lot of people complained that Gen 5 had nothing to do with the original gen so they've tied this one in with the original game. It annoys me though that all them militant gen 1 fans are complaining. They bloody asked for something like this when they saw Gen 5 :angry: I'm hoping that it's not a new form though, I want there to be another great back story to this new Mew pokemon to do with cloning. If it is an new Mewtwo form I call Speed form.

I agree. I'm hoping it's something along the lines of an early attempt at creating Mewtwo or something like that. They've got a chance to be really creative here and I hope they take it. Even if it were just a new form, that wouldn't bother me too much as it could still have a great back story.

The rumour I've seen going round is that it's "Godspeed form" to tie in with the upcoming movie with Genesect.
Reply 1391
Not feeling black and white tbh (despise the second versions too) - they've gone OTT with the visual FX and it's a pain in the neck to get anything done.

I prefer Platinum/HG/SS, but nothing beats Yellow/Red/Blue IMO

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1392
I'm really disappointed with it, I was hoping they would reveal something a bit more exciting :frown:
Original post by St. Brynjar
Mewoneandahalf

Mew and a half mew

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chewythepikachu
Mew and a half mew

Posted from TSR Mobile

Threemewovertwo
Original post by ss_s95

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there any reason for that other than nostalgia?

My Blue and Yellow versions are both broken (memory is dead). Although I have fond memories, objectively I would say they are not as good as the other games. The graphics are retro, but also bad. The music isn't great. There is decent flow from the 3rd to 6th gym and then towards the end, but it's choppy. There are a lot of bugs. There aren't that many possible team combinations, especially early on. Mt Moon exists. There isn't really much of a story. And RBY is horrendously balanced. Still they are good games, they just do have a lot of flaws in comparison to the others.

Gold and Silver are very short, but then kanto is also in the game. I think that Gold and Silver hit the retro theme better, although that is a matter of opinion. RSE always annoyed me due to how much surfing there was, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I think DPPt was really impressive and was a huge step up. I like what Black and White tried to do, and I think parts of it worked. But Black and White objectively are probably the best games. I don't like the forced VFX either, but the games flow really well and the graphics/ music are pretty good and they didn't make it overly challenging (which I know used to put off a lot of my friends). I like how the storyline is very easy to follow, I like how natural it feels to play through, I like how there is no massive cave, I like how there is a lot of diversity in the scenery.

As a conclusion, if I wanted to just play through a game again I would probably pick either Gold/Silver or Black/White. The one I would least like to pick is probably Ruby/ Sapphire - mainly because I think those games have a bad flow, they aren't very well balanced (in-game) and because they feel outdated, but not retro/ nostalgic.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Llewellyn

My Blue and Yellow versions are both broken (memory is dead). Although I have fond memories, objectively I would say they are not as good as the other games. The graphics are retro, but also bad. The music isn't great. There is decent flow from the 3rd to 6th gym and then towards the end, but it's choppy. There are a lot of bugs. There aren't that many possible team combinations, especially early on. Mt Moon exists. There isn't really much of a story. And RBY is horrendously balanced. Still they are good games, they just do have a lot of flaws in comparison to the others.

Gold and Silver are very short, but then kanto is also in the game. I think that Gold and Silver hit the retro theme better, although that is a matter of opinion. RSE always annoyed me due to how much surfing there was, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I think DPPt was really impressive and was a huge step up. I like what Black and White tried to do, and I think parts of it worked. But Black and White objectively are probably the best games. I don't like the forced VFX either, but the games flow really well and the graphics/ music are pretty good and they didn't make it overly challenging (which I know used to put off a lot of my friends). I like how the storyline is very easy to follow, I like how natural it feels to play through, I like how there is no massive cave, I like how there is a lot of diversity in the scenery.

As a conclusion, if I wanted to just play through a game again I would probably pick either Gold/Silver or Black/White. The one I would least like to pick is probably Ruby/ Sapphire - mainly because I think those games have a bad flow, they aren't very well balanced (in-game) and because they feel outdated, but not retro/ nostalgic.

[video="youtube;m2aOZS60TTU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2aOZS60TTU[/video]

:love:
Original post by ss_s95
(...)

You said it! and I have my doubts that the coming generation is able to beat the first one. The nostalgia stand alone.
Original post by JordanS94
[video="youtube;m2aOZS60TTU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2aOZS60TTU[/video]

:love:

I'm on my mobile so I don't have a youtube link but I really like the "unwavering emotion" soundtrack. And the gym leader music/ E4 ofc :tongue:
Original post by Llewellyn

Nostalgia contributes greatly but it has got to be the line from Blue as the champion that make it a great game for me. I was thinking about it recently and it's the line where he goes;

"I was looking forward to seeing you, Red. My rival should be strong to keep me sharp. While working on my PokéDex, I looked all over for Pokémon. Not only that, I assembled teams that would beat any Pokémon type. And now... I'm the Pokémon League Champion! Red! Do you know what that means? I'll tell you. I am the most powerful Trainer in the world!"

The bit in bold especially made me more motivated as a kid to beat him :tongue:

Quick Reply