I'm pretty but I have no personality

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I will probably get called arrogant just for saying i am pretty but I guess I am. Strangers stop just to tell me so, people i meet tell me all the time, i get hit on a lot... I really don't care. I realise my looks will fade or change and I'm terrified because thats the only thing I have seem to have going for me.

I have no personality. Because of this I am a fake person as i have to try to make one. I'm awkward in social situations because I have no personality or natural people skills to guide my actions so I don't know what to do. I hate my friends but only because I have to put on a personality to be around them and I don't want to have to do that. I feel like they don't know the "real me" only a fake version but I don't know how to be myself.

I don't feel like a person. I feel like I'm forever waiting for something to finally click, for me to finally be somebody. I live in my head. I reject anyone that asks me out because I cannot see how anyone could love me. Past the initial attraction there will be nothing. There is really nothing of me to love. I feel like I will never have a good time with someone because I'm not a good time and I'd have to be fake the whole time. I'd have to try hard to just be someone. I get so jealous watching films and the girl the guy falls in love with is so adorable, so witty and so fun. So loveable. I wish I was like that so much. I feel inadequate. One of my biggest fears is that I will no longer be pretty before I get a chance to really live, not because I'm very vain but because once that's gone I will have nothing left and no hope. How depressing is that?

Any advice will help. I especially want to know how people become 'themselves'. I hear a lot of people saying when you're young you don't know yourself but how and when do you find yourself? I really hate myself and my life because I'm so false and dull. I'm so empty and it makes me so unhappy.

TL;DR I have no personality at all, my looks don't mean anything and no one could ever love me.
Anonymous #1
bump?
gypsyclimber
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 years ago
Firstly, I think you need to stop putting yourself down, as that's just going to make you miserable and miserable people aren't always very fun to hang around with.
Secondly, maybe you should try some new hobbies and activities. Sometimes finding something new to enjoy can result in finding a new passion inside yourself, which is a key part in a personality. And while your at it, you would be meeting new people who do similar things - so you have something in common with them already which is beyond skin deep.
username607202
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 years ago
Get proactive, do things that genuinely interest you. You'll make new friends that way.
KatieKate
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Climb some mountains in India and volunteer with some orphans?

Nobody really knows what they're about anyway, most people don't 'find themselves' until they's like 100 anyway.
Climbontoyourseahorse
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
"I'm awkward in social situations because I have no personality or natural people skills to guide my actions so I don't know what to do."

To be honest this sounds to me a bit like social anxiety. You might not come across to others as charismatic and sociable, but that does not mean that you are not those things. Judge yourself on your thoughts and feelings rather than your actions, as actions are often inhibited. Who knows though, maybe your thoughts and feelings are inhibited too. If you don't like the people you hang around with, try and make some other friends. Identify a hobby or interest - I'm sure you must have some - and join a club. That way you can develop this interest or hobby and hopefully make some new friends who are more on your wavelength. Maybe you just haven't found your social niche. I am sure you have far more going for you than just your looks, and no, it is not arrogant to say that you are good-looking.

To be honest what worries me most though is the fact that you are convinced that you are unlovable. I think it would be good for you to talk this over with someone, like a counsellor, and maybe also a family member you feel close to. Good luck.
tommytuckers
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I will probably get called arrogant just for saying i am pretty but I guess I am. Strangers stop just to tell me so, people i meet tell me all the time, i get hit on a lot... I really don't care. I realise my looks will fade or change and I'm terrified because thats the only thing I have seem to have going for me.

I have no personality. Because of this I am a fake person as i have to try to make one. I'm awkward in social situations because I have no personality or natural people skills to guide my actions so I don't know what to do. I hate my friends but only because I have to put on a personality to be around them and I don't want to have to do that. I feel like they don't know the "real me" only a fake version but I don't know how to be myself.

I don't feel like a person. I feel like I'm forever waiting for something to finally click, for me to finally be somebody. I live in my head. I reject anyone that asks me out because I cannot see how anyone could love me. Past the initial attraction there will be nothing. There is really nothing of me to love. I feel like I will never have a good time with someone because I'm not a good time and I'd have to be fake the whole time. I'd have to try hard to just be someone. I get so jealous watching films and the girl the guy falls in love with is so adorable, so witty and so fun. So loveable. I wish I was like that so much. I feel inadequate. One of my biggest fears is that I will no longer be pretty before I get a chance to really live, not because I'm very vain but because once that's gone I will have nothing left and no hope. How depressing is that?

Any advice will help. I especially want to know how people become 'themselves'. I hear a lot of people saying when you're young you don't know yourself but how and when do you find yourself? I really hate myself and my life because I'm so false and dull. I'm so empty and it makes me so unhappy.

TL;DR I have no personality at all, my looks don't mean anything and no one could ever love me.
Is this serious? If so, yuo need to realise there's more to life than looks, which get boring after a while. You should take notice of the world and develp an opinion and think of how the econmy etc. affects you, start reading and stop watching **** like the only way is essex and that sort of crap that thick, shallow people watch. And get some hobbies, like sport or whatever. I think most very attractive women feel like you do, i.e that they will not have anything left after their looks fade.
Anonymous #1
It's not my friends thats the problem, it's me. New friends won't help because it'd just be me being fake to become their friend because I don't have a natural way to be around people
Miss_Scarlett
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by tommytuckers)
Is this serious? If so, yuo need to realise there's more to life than looks, which get boring after a while. You should take notice of the world and develp an opinion and think of how the econmy etc. affects you, start reading and stop watching **** like the only way is essex and that sort of crap that thick, shallow people watch. And get some hobbies, like sport or whatever. I think most very attractive women feel like you do, i.e that they will not have anything left after their looks fade.
I think its safe to say the OP has recognised that....
Yawn11
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Were not allowed to say pics of gtfo anymore are we? Sad times for TSR.

Anyways, you DO have a personality. Perhaps you're socially inept and feel that it won't be of any appeal to men?
Dude Where's My Username
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Not gonna lie, I am struggling to muster up any sympathy here. Why don't you stop over thinking about your personality and just date people. If they don't like you, they don't like you. If they do, fabadoobydoo. That's my advice to you
hasan4life
Rep:
Report 10 years ago

:console: aww u need to give ppl a chance and if someone tries asking u out just say yh thats the only way u will improve. If u wanna talk pm me
SirRamAlot
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by tommytuckers)
Erm if you actually read the thread properly you'll realise the OP knows this and is why she created a thread on it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Yawn11)
Were not allowed to say pics of gtfo anymore are we? Sad times for TSR.

Anyways, you DO have a personality. Perhaps you're socially inept and feel that it won't be of any appeal to men?
It's not being appealing to men necesserily, it's just I'd like to be able to be myself. I don't feel like a person. Even if it was an unattractive personality like being a ***** I'd take that over not knowing myself and having to be fake
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
OP you're like a female version of me, only i'm not good looking and ugly.
At least you're pretty and will be able to get attention from the opposite sex without trying. Being a man means i cannot be insecure and have to be perfect and have everything before i can even dream or dare speak to a girl without being rejected and humiliated.
elitepower
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
I`m sure you have a personality. Try new things and find out what you like. Then you can talk to your friends about stuff you like and feel less fake.
hxecute
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Learn to play an instrument or something.

I'm serious.
blue_shift86
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
everyone has a personality dear. You are just insecure. I used to be like you and i figured out i didn't think i had a personality because I was different. I liked watching documentaries, climbing, doing maths for fun, buying books, reading crime, staying home alone and browsing the net. Watching political satire. That's me. Not many people into things i'm into...that doesnt' mean i don't have a personality. Similarly you have a personality. You just don't have one that makes it easy to make friends. Don't worry. You'll find some people to be friends with . Just stop worry about the future and enjoy life
naommi
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
start telling people what you really think about things, and do the things you like to do. to get a personality, stop pretending.
Octohedral
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 10 years ago

You're not remotely arrogant - if you're pretty, you're pretty (and congratulations, by the way )

But no-one is 'born' with a personality - you have to develop it. What do you really enjoy?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (28)
9.62%
Okay (86)
29.55%
A bit lacking (105)
36.08%
Not good at all (72)
24.74%

Watched Threads