The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Peterhouse (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Does anyone know if we have to send that card back that came with the bill to say which day we're going on? Because we've already told them on that online acknowledgement form, so I'm not sure
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 181
It's probably safest to send the card as well, Gary.

Peter and Fionnuala are cool. They're both third-years, and Peter was my step-dad (Going out with my mother, Moira). He was married to Jane last year.

And all reading lists are intimidating, even the mathmo one, but don't worry about it - most people don't read it all.

Jenny
Reply 182
Gary2688
Does anyone know if we have to send that card back that came with the bill to say which day we're going on? Because we've already told them on that online acknowledgement form, so I'm not sure

What bill?!
Reply 183
Your bill for rent, called "Long Vac Term".

Jenny
Reply 184
Hello all! I too am a little late in joining the thread, but i'm coming up to do MML this year. I got a letter from you, Jenny, this morning (at least i think i did) saying that you're my Chapel mother! Is that right? If so, thank you for the very friendly letter - can't wait to meet you!
So yeah, just thought i'd say hey to everyone, and looking forward to meeting you all in 2 weeks!
Reply 185
JennyST
Your bill for rent, called "Long Vac Term".

Jenny

I have not heard anything about my accomodation yet!
Reply 186
Trundle
I have not heard anything about my accomodation yet!

Well they've sent out a bill, which suggests they know where we've been allocated, but it doesn't tell you on it and its still not on the website. Do we make the rent cheque out to Peterhouse or the Peterhouse Tutorial Office? The bill and the website disagree.
Reply 187
wanderer
Well they've sent out a bill, which suggests they know where we've been allocated, but it doesn't tell you on it and its still not on the website. Do we make the rent cheque out to Peterhouse or the Peterhouse Tutorial Office? The bill and the website disagree.

I think it is usually Peterhouse, which is what the bill usually says. If so, I'd go with that one. College were a bit hopeless last year in actually saying where you had been assigned, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
wanderer

Well if your accomadation bill isn't about £680 then you're definatly in SPT.
Write your cheques to Peterhouse. I've done it for the past year and I've had no problems.

Btw I've just seen the fresher's guide....and i seem to feature quite prominantly in the photos.:redface:

I'm going to have to have words with Lady
Reply 189
Captain Crash
Write your cheques to Peterhouse. I've done it for the past year and I've had no problems.

Btw I've just seen the fresher's guide....and i seem to feature quite prominantly in the photos.:redface:

It's £608. Are all WSB rents £680 then? And when they say bring bedding, I take it that includes the actual duvet and pillows as well as duvet covers, sheets, and pillow cases?
wanderer
It's £608. Are all WSB rents £680 then? And when they say bring bedding, I take it that includes the actual duvet and pillows as well as duvet covers, sheets, and pillow cases?

Yeh, all WSB rents are the same (i forget the exact amount but its around £680).

As for bedding, yes, you have to bring everything (except the mattress!)
Reply 191
Captain Crash
Yeh, all WSB rents are the same (i forget the exact amount but its around £680).

As for bedding, yes, you have to bring everything (except the mattress!)

I guess I'm likely to be in a small SPT room then. Thanks for the info!
Reply 192
Captain Crash

WSB is £677.

The freshers Guide is online at http://www.srcf.ucam.org/pet-jcr/freshers/FG_06.pdf , and I have a feeling that might be the best place to view some of the pages, because if the paper copy is printed Black+white, the text-on-picture is likely to be difficult to read. But that is just me being pedantic. On another pedantic note, she recommends Ask. I would recommend La Margherita instead, which is just over Magdalene bridge, and I thought was much better (Archimedeans members get a 15% discount Mon-Thursdays as well for the mathmos).
Reply 193
I haven't had a bill yet either. Hope I find out soon where I'm are going to be - SPT hopefully!

Found out who my college parents are today - Dad is Richard (Natsci), Mum is Caroline (Law) and my college sister is Katherina (Classics). My College Dad only lives 15 minutes away from me!

Can't wait to meet everyone in person - not long now!
Reply 194
Hi Laura, yes, I am your Chapel mother. Looking forward to meeting you soon. What subject are you doing?

Oh, and for bedding - college do provide one pillow, but it's a bit thin, so you may prefer to bring your own.

Jenny
Reply 195
I'm doing MML - French and Spanish.
Reply 196
Hmm, Chris Darlow gets a mention in my college dad's letter. Any idea why Crash?
Reply 197
Mild Panic.

I've not had a bill yet. But... assuming it will come (as bills always do)... any idea when they'll be wanting the money by?

Because I don't have money until I get my loan. Which is on October 3rd. Literally... there is no money.
Reply 198
On the freshers' area it tells us we have to pay them by September 30th! I don't know how to pay for it either. At the moment I'm planning to use my student account overdraft.
Reply 199
Oh ok, That's alot better. I posted at the same time as you so didn't see your reply to Mata.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending