Lump in ear lobe after piercing? Help! Watch

smoliver
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey! So, it's been 12 weeks since I've had my ears pierced and I can feel a lump in my ear lobes where the piercings are when I clean them. Is it an infection or something else? :confused:

I would go see a doctor but I'm going on holiday for a week on Friday (plus I've seen them 4 times in last week for various other thing)

Thanks for any help
Dec S 92
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by smoliver)
Hey! So, it's been 12 weeks since I've had my ears pierced and I can feel a lump in my ear lobes where the piercings are when I clean them. Is it an infection or something else? :confused:

I would go see a doctor but I'm going on holiday for a week on Friday (plus I've seen them 4 times in last week for various other thing)

Thanks for any help
I had my ear peirced and took it out about 4 years ago, there is still kind of a hard lump when i feel my earlobe, i assume its just scar tissue from the piercing
smoliver
Rep:
?
Oh well that's alright then. Thank you
disposablesteve
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When you have a piercing, the body forms what is known as a 'fistula' around the jewelery, creating essentially a tunnel made of scar tissue. This is perfectly normal, it means your piercing is healed

If on the other hand, your piercing is still painful and red in colour with yellow goop and crust, especially after 12 weeks, then please do go to the doctor and get anitbiotics, thats infected

no pain & normal in colour = fine
smoliver
Rep:
?
(Original post by disposablesteve)
When you have a piercing, the body forms what is known as a 'fistula' around the jewelery, creating essentially a tunnel made of scar tissue. This is perfectly normal, it means your piercing is healed

If on the other hand, your piercing is still painful and red in colour with yellow goop and crust, especially after 12 weeks, then please do go to the doctor and get anitbiotics, thats infected

no pain & normal in colour = fine
Hmm, soundslike I'll be okay then. Thank you
sarah9316
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey, could anyone help me out? I just got my ear pierced today, my second in each ear and they're wonky!! It was soo expensive too! Does anyone know what I should do? I just don't feel like having wonky ears for 6 weeks!!
Millyshyn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sarah9316)
Hey, could anyone help me out? I just got my ear pierced today, my second in each ear and they're wonky!! It was soo expensive too! Does anyone know what I should do? I just don't feel like having wonky ears for 6 weeks!!
Taking them out is the only solution really.
sarah9316
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Take them out now?
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sarah9316)
It might just be swelling making them appear wonky, but if they were done with a gun then it's impossible to get them perfectly aligned with the marks so the chances of wonkiness are higher. If you go back they may agree to repierce for free but probably won't.
sagegem2312
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yea i also have that same lump almost around the peircings and i peirced them 3 weeks ago they still hurt when knocked but they are fine normally. I had an infection in the first week and ended up changing the earings after about 10 days healing. Is there any chance that lump could be a result of all that???
Queen_savage
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi i got my cartilage piercing about two weeks ago almost three and it came off while i was cleaning it just now but theres a bump on my ear should i put the earring back on or leave it alone??
Claudss
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Queen_savage)
Hi i got my cartilage piercing about two weeks ago almost three and it came off while i was cleaning it just now but theres a bump on my ear should i put the earring back on or leave it alone??
Unless you want to the piercing to close up, try and put the jewellery back in. The bump is just a sign that the cartilage is healing around the piercing. If it's red and sore, or secreting discharge, it may be infected, in which case you'd need to see a professional about it.
Libbiee
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
i’ve had my third lobe piercings in for just over 4 weeks now and i have a what seems to be piercing bump on the back of the left one and a lump type thing inside the right one and they are red when i take them out and put them back in again. is this normal ??
liyahh
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I’ve had the same problem. I just got my third hole done 8 weeks ago , and I have a small bump around the outiside of it.
QuinnMarie
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Libbiee)
i’ve had my third lobe piercings in for just over 4 weeks now and i have a what seems to be piercing bump on the back of the left one and a lump type thing inside the right one and they are red when i take them out and put them back in again. is this normal ??
Well first, you shouldn't be taking the piercings out yet, that's probably why they're red, because they're irritated. They say to leave them in for 6-8 weeks, sometimes longer depending on how quickly you heal. But unless it's oozing and hurting constantly you should have nothing to worry about, keep cleaning it with saline solution (salt water), or water and 50% alcohol every night, and leave the earrings in for a few more weeks without changing.
Taespoon.of.suga
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
the bump on my ear is red but its not pain full and doesn't have pus but its only been 3 weeks since I've had it Do you think i should have it checked out or just wait to see if it gets better after 12 weeks
_.angelica._
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Some people, when they are pierced, get a build up of scar tissue around the site called a keloid. This can be as a result of knocking the piercing or the body’s own way of coping with the piercing. It is normally the colour of your skin, and doesn’t feel painful (pain might just be from the piercing). However, if the lump is crusted, painful or seems to be leaking, it’s best to go see a doctor or your piercer to make sure it isn’t an infection.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (295)
32.03%
The paper was reasonable (439)
47.67%
Not feeling great about that exam... (109)
11.83%
It was TERRIBLE (78)
8.47%

Watched Threads