The Student Room Group

Lump in ear lobe after piercing? Help!

Scroll to see replies

It should be completely normal (but check if you're very worried)- I had mine pierced 8 years ago and still have small lumps.
It’s either a scab or a scar. Don’t worry about it, it’s totally normal. Xx
Original post by smoliver
Hey! So, it's been 12 weeks since I've had my ears pierced and I can feel a lump in my ear lobes where the piercings are when I clean them. Is it an infection or something else? :confused:

I would go see a doctor but I'm going on holiday for a week on Friday (plus I've seen them 4 times in last week for various other thing)

Thanks for any help :smile:
Reply 22
Hey! So, it's been 12 weeks since I've had my ears pierced and I can feel a lump in my ear lobes where the piercings are when I clean them. Is it an infection or something else? :confused:

I would go see a doctor but I'm going on holiday for a week on Friday (plus I've seen them 4 times in last week for various other thing)

put honey on it
Reply 23
You might have AIDS in your earlobe, happened to my friend go to a GP asap. happens when they use unsterilised equipment, earlobe aids is no joke!
i had this last year clares you getttin sued son
Original post by Dec S 92
I had my ear peirced and took it out about 4 years ago, there is still kind of a hard lump when i feel my earlobe, i assume its just scar tissue from the piercing

yeah it is, its normal with most

thats a piercing bump usually. could be something else but it’s super common and goes quickly. i had my nose pierced and i got one, really grim but i popped it with a needle and stuff came out, it scabbed off and fell off, ive been told that running some hot water with salt and soaking your nose in it works amazing. :smile:
Reply 27
Put an ice pack on it
Original post by hopeicanhelpu!!
thats a piercing bump usually. could be something else but it’s super common and goes quickly. i had my nose pierced and i got one, really grim but i popped it with a needle and stuff came out, it scabbed off and fell off, ive been told that running some hot water with salt and soaking your nose in it works amazing. :smile:

The OP was made 8 years ago LOL
Reply 29
I need help with this too. I got my second lobes pierced 6 weeks ago and have had some trouble. The earrings fitted were too short so they dig into my ears. This forced me to change the earrings and only 3 weeks post pierced. Since I have been having some blood and ooze from the piercing but no pain at all. Now when I take out the earring i found a very large lump through the canal on both sides. This isn’t just the healed canal because I have had my first lobes fiercer for years so know what this feels like. When I applied slight pressure a bit of fluid came out the front of my pierced hole but no pain at all (I have an extremely low pain tolerance). I’m really quite concerned because of how big the lumps feel on both sides. Please help me.
How about i feel a lump, no pain but the color is little bit purple. It is normal?
Reply 31
Lump in your ear lobe is:-
95% a cyst.
4% a pimple.
1% some kind of other rare growth that's probably harmless.

Don't panic. You're not going to die.
I pierced my cartilage like 6 weeks ago and I am now in my 7th week and I noticed a bump on the top piercing and the other is fine and I have been taking care of it with saline I wanna know is it normal to pain
Is it normal for it to pain because its healing
Original post by Nhlamulo
I pierced my cartilage like 6 weeks ago and I am now in my 7th week and I noticed a bump on the top piercing and the other is fine and I have been taking care of it with saline I wanna know is it normal to pain

Yes, this is normal. Cartilage takes 3-6 months to heal (some people can even take a year to heal cartilage piercings) so you are still in the early stages.
Original post by sinfonietta
Yes, this is normal. Cartilage takes 3-6 months to heal (some people can even take a year to heal cartilage piercings) so you are still in the early stages.

I only have one bump it's like loose skin in a way
Original post by Anonymous
I only have one bump it's like loose skin in a way

It's likely just irritated - eg maybe you rolled onto it in your sleep one night. Just keep an eye on it and keep it clean (1-2 times a day, over-cleaning can also irritate it) and it should go down.
honestly dw about it, it’s nothing. It’s just scarred tissue from where you’ve pierced it, it will heal within time x
Lumps around piercings are usually nothing to worry about. If the lump is red, hot and painful it could be an infection, however, if its just there its more likely to be part of the healing process. Usually, when I develop a bump I'll take a cotton bud, dampen it with water then drop 1-2 drops of 100% tea tree oil on the bud and rub the bump/piercing. This almost always helps it go down + is usually quite effective in helping heal piercings.
TCP also works quite well, but I've only ever used that if one of my piercings became infected (one of my cartilages and my rook did and this helped within a few days)
Bumps may also be keloid scars, they're quite common after cartilage piercings give them a google :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest