Lump in ear lobe after piercing? Help!

Watch
username5246612
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
This thread is 8 year old!!!
CompSciEnth
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
It could be something harmless like scar tissue or it could be the "c" word. If you were complaining about the sniffles, I would say stay away from the Doctor's as they're busy enough with the whole virus thing. Cancer is a serious diagnosis so I'd say get it checked out if you feel you should.
Rachellarkin
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I had the same worryMight not be the same for you but at first I was totally freaking out at first I thought my earring was in my ear ! But we went to check it out and they said it was just the skin in my ear from when pierced I got mine done with a needle not sure if that’s the same with a gun And again might not be that but it was for me x
Anonymous #4
Report 1 year ago
Why are people still replying to this post after 8 years lmao
taraosullivan
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by smoliver)
Hey! So, it's been 12 weeks since I've had my ears pierced and I can feel a lump in my ear lobes where the piercings are when I clean them. Is it an infection or something else? :confused:

I would go see a doctor but I'm going on holiday for a week on Friday (plus I've seen them 4 times in last week for various other thing)

Thanks for any help
this happened to me too but eventually, it will go!
JoyPerson1
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by smoliver)
Hey! So, it's been 12 weeks since I've had my ears pierced and I can feel a lump in my ear lobes where the piercings are when I clean them. Is it an infection or something else? :confused:

I would go see a doctor but I'm going on holiday for a week on Friday (plus I've seen them 4 times in last week for various other thing)

Thanks for any help
Its normal I have had my piercing since I was 1 month old, its normal.
soart
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Seeing that someone asked a question very similar to something I had in mind, I thought I might as well ask here. I pierced my ears about four years ago, but it was extremely painful to put my earrings in and out even after months, with a lump. In the end I took out the piercing thinking it'd heal and I could get it pierced again. But I still have a lump where both my lobes were pierced and they hurt when I press them. I went to the docs but they said there wasn't anything they could do, so I was wondering if getting the same place pierced would be a bad idea? (definitely going to be more painful to do so though)
Anonymous #5
Report 8 months ago
Who revived this
cchloepx
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
If it’s inside of your ear it’s likely just scar tissue- nothing to worry about!

Out of curiosity, have you had your ears pierced in the past? I had my ears pierced twice (with guns ) before i got them done properly with a needle back in 2019. I have lumps in both my ears where the piercing holes are. My piercer said it’s scar tissue from my previous piercings.

*nvm this was a year ago. Idk why it was revived and in my trending category lol
Last edited by cchloepx; 6 months ago
frenchie_
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Well its been a decade now, i hope the lump has gone !
Cirmaya
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
yaaaaaaalllllll it's been a decade! any updates? because i got the same issue with my 6 week old earlobe piercing, did y'all try any effective treatments? and everyone is saying
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
6.92%
October 2021 (232)
44.62%
November 2021 (63)
12.12%
December 2021 (66)
12.69%
January 2021 (64)
12.31%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.27%