The Student Room Group

Reading Material

I am starting my AS levels in September, and my school recommended that we do further reading on the subjects we're taking. I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Further Maths and English Lit.

Can anyone recommend any books to read for further information on these subjects, particularly Biology and Chemistry. Thanks. :smile:
Original post by JoeWaissel
I am starting my AS levels in September, and my school recommended that we do further reading on the subjects we're taking. I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Further Maths and English Lit.

Can anyone recommend any books to read for further information on these subjects, particularly Biology and Chemistry. Thanks. :smile:

Why don't you look at the exam boards you will be using for these subjects and get the revision guides. This is what I have done.
For English Lit look at the works you will be studying and start reading them. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Mirandaandcake
Why don't you look at the exam boards you will be using for these subjects and get the revision guides. This is what I have done.
For English Lit look at the works you will be studying and start reading them. :smile:

this.

also, for english lit, i suggest classics, or anything off those '100 books you need to read before you die' list things. you can show off with your literary knowledge that way. thats what i do anyway:wink:
Original post by aemilia
this.

also, for english lit, i suggest classics, or anything off those '100 books you need to read before you die' list things. you can show off with your literary knowledge that way. thats what i do anyway:wink:

I am just have to look at that list. Although I highly doubt it will have any of the teenage fantasy stuff I read! :biggrin:
Further maths and not maths, thats a bit brave.

Quick Reply

Latest