This discussion is closed.
rainbowfluff
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Ok, I may just be being really dumb, but how do you attach an image to your post? Like a large image? I've gone onto advanced, but I can only manage to either insert a URL link or add a tiny thumbnail, rather that a huge picture like everyone else seems to manage?

Yes, I'm a technophobe!
Gemini92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by rainbowfluff)
Ok, I may just be being really dumb, but how do you attach an image to your post? Like a large image? I've gone onto advanced, but I can only manage to either insert a URL link or add a tiny thumbnail, rather that a huge picture like everyone else seems to manage?

Yes, I'm a technophobe!
Put the url of the image between image tags, like this: [img]url goes here[/img] and then it will come up.
mr tim
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
but first, upload your image to the image hosting site like imageshack. Then make sure the url ends like .jpeg or .png
RK
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mr tim)
but first, upload your image to the image hosting site like imageshack. Then make sure the url ends like .jpeg or .png
Alternatively you can attach the image to the post in TSR, then get the URL of the post once it's attached and insert it between image tags.

This way you don't need to bother about having to go off to another site, but can just stay and do everything on TSR.
Y12_FurtherMaths
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Gemini92)
Put the url of the image between image tags, like this: [img]https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/url%20goes%20here[/img] and then it will come up.
c c
SlasherHacks13
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by rainbowfluff)

Yes, I'm a technophobe!
Hmmm I just click the paper clip mark if I want to upload an image. It comes out like this Oh Wait That Dosen’t Work Name:  31A529EF-FA33-4A91-A76F-82B0B39130BB.jpeg
Views: 21
Size:  47.1 KB Wait think I figured it out I think it’s the URL mark
Attached files
Last edited by SlasherHacks13; 4 weeks ago
MUsama
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hi I'm usama from Pakistan
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (197)
27.06%
Not great so far... (263)
36.13%
I want to drop out! (137)
18.82%

Watched Threads