Any nervous students starting at Reaseheath College?

Watch
Anwen2011
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I've been there for 4 years, so if anybody has any issues or worries just let me know and I'll try to help.
eolhC11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hiya, I'm starting in September. Are you doing the Bsc? I'm going to be doing Wildlife Conservation and Ecology. Have you stayed in the self-catered, on campus Halls? Hope to hear from you, Chloe
AmyJane93
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm starting september to do animal behaviour and welfare but all the details such as accommodation and freshers are a bit limited I really hope reaseheath have something planned for freshers x
Josh_23
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I agree with AmyJane93, I am also doing Behaviour and Welfare in September and we haven't been given enough info at all. I wasn't even sure if Reaseheath would have freshers! Moving up to uni is a big thing, it's hard to prepare when you don't know what to prepare for..
amariex
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Im doing the Animal Behaviour and Welfare too! Im so nervous about starting mostly due to the lack of information thats been given, all i know is im in platt halls and i move in september 15th!
katie-marie94
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm doing wildlife conservation and ecology, I'm so excited! i cant wait to move in and start the course. I just wish i had more information about Platt Halls and whats happening on Freshers Week!
beckyking94
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i'm doing a foundation degree in animal management (behaviour and welfare) with the BSc top-up, and i'm staying in Platt Halls in September
i thought i was the only one that had gotten no information about Platt Halls! i don't even know what the accommodation looks like!
i'm disappointed we've had no information whatsoever about Fresher's Week at Reaseheath, when Chester Uni have broadcast what's happening in their Fresher's Week already on a facebook page!
i know Chester Uni's Fresher's Week is the week after Reaseheath's so i'm going to try and go down to Chester their Fresher's Fayre and stuff

Someone needs to set up a Reaseheath Fresher's Week facebook page asap!
amariex
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I emailed the college this morning about our concerns regarding platt halls and freshers week so hopefully they'll get back with some info! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
katie-marie94
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I just got a letter from Chester University and it has loads of information about freshers week and information for first time students at university but because this is from Chester University and not Reaseheath i have no idea if it applies to us
Bethni
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm doing Zoo Management. I was hoping we'd hear something soon, but all i've had is a letter saying that i'm in student village. I wouldn't mind but it's over a grand extra because it's catered and i'm quite a fussy eater, so i'll want to buy my own food anyway. I can't even find any information. Does student village have kitchens anyone know?
katie-marie94
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm hoping to get some information before the end of august and when I had a tour of the university they showed me the student village and I think I remember seeing a microwave and a kettle, im not a 100% sure but I would say im over 50% sure
amariex
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Reaseheath called me after I emailed them... There's no pictures of platt halls because its not finished being built and they don't have anything planned for freshers yet... Apparently HE are working on it now! I think I'm
Just gonna go over to Chester freshers when I can

Posted from TSR Mobile
Connor-Blake
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Would enjoy it if Reaseheath was a bit more sorted with us new students coming, and could give us an opportunity to get to know one another before our courses start.

I'm doing a foundation degree in animal management (behavior and welfare) and some of us and ill admit im a bit shy at meeting new people at first, but since im traveling from Kent to the college its a huge step for me moving out.
samfield95
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Anybody doing the zoo management foundation degree and staying in Chetwood halls? really excited about starting next week!!
StephHam93
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
hi, I have just started at reaseheath and i am doing equine complimentary therapy course and just wondered if anyone wanted to meet up for a drink? x
stargirl327
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hello I'm currently studying art at Newcastle under lyme college but I was thinking of starting at reaseheath next year to study animal management. I don't know whether I want to work with animals or be an artist. ( big difference I know.

It's a bit daunting to spend another four years at college when I have already done 2.are there any mature students or anyone in a similar situation?
KarateGeek11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi I'm going to reaseheath college soon n I'm supposed to be moving into the student village but 1 I don't know the adrees/postcode and 2 I haven't been given a room number and I'm enrolling on Uni of Chester portal please help
penguinlord
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Does anyone have photos of the student village with the decking? I'm starting in September and I will be studying animal welfare and behaviour
erinpeaxx
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Im doing Zoo managerment but staying in student village
NicolaHope
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've got accommodation in the student village and I'm studying wildlife conservation and ecology

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.73%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.25%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (38)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
15.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (59)
26.46%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (43)
19.28%

Watched Threads