The Student Room Group

Preparing for A Level Results Day 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Thanks TheSownRose! And lol it was the sheer desperation that got me thinking i might aswell just beg in person lol, but yh that would be embarrassing haha
Original post by Minerva
You will need to forward evidence of any GCSE results you are expecting, where these form part of your offer. You don't need to forward evidence of your A level results. You may be expected to be able to produce originals of your GCSE and AS certificates when you enrol (but not your A level certificates if you haven't got them yet and the results were sent through automatically).

Sorry, does that mean sending them GCSE results via post, or when I enroll? If by post, are photocopies alright?
Original post by ViralRiver
Sorry, does that mean sending them GCSE results via post, or when I enroll? If by post, are photocopies alright?

Initially photocopies or transcripts would be fine in virtually all cases, but you may need the actual certificates when you enrol.
Reply 43
Does anyone know what time ucas track opens on the morning of the 18th? Not sure when i can log in to see the decision. Thanks :0 x
Original post by Jemima 92
Does anyone know what time ucas track opens on the morning of the 18th? Not sure when i can log in to see the decision. Thanks :0 x

UCAS say 8am, any time after about 6am wouldn't be unexpected. Just don't bother staying up so you can check it at midnight and refresh it every ten minutes from then on, nothing's happening until about 6am at the earliest.
(edited 12 years ago)
Though not completely related, I plan to email my firm choice after my results are in (Or possibly before) about changing my course from computer science with a foundation to physics with a foundation. I have some decent ideas to include in the main body of text but im kind of stuck about starting the email off/addressing who it is aimed to.

Any ideas?
Original post by Jemima 92

I have a letter from ucas saying 9am...but apparently it can be around an hour earlier or later....we'll just have to wait and see (:
nope
Reply 48
Mine's more of a "when" strategy. Going to look at clearing since I don't much fancy my insurance anymore.
Your advice is always so good, cheers! :smile:
Reply 50
this is handy, especially with preparing before ringing unis as I imagine I'll just do it in a blind panic
Yep, I'm going to curl into a ball and cry myself to sleep... pretty standard really.
no unfortunatly i dont.
I don't tend to feel emotional, so if I fail to meet my insurance or firm I would be dissapointed but then I would think what to do next and get on with it.

Otherwise No, anyways wouldn't having a what if strategy make you more nervous about your results?
Original post by supernova92
Your advice is always so good, cheers! :smile:

This.

Seriously, thanks bro and +rep.
It's very helpful and calming.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
X

Excellent advice.

I always advise everyone to make a list of the following personal details:

Name

Date of birth and age

Address

Telephone number

E-mail address

UCAS ID number

Clearing number

GCSE grades

A-level/equivilent grades

Some of it sounds very silly, but under pressure you'll find that you forget things like your date of birth and what GCSEs you got.
Thank you for this! I'd thought about quite a few of those points like alternative courses and not going to my insurance but I'm so indecisive I still haven't made up my mind about anything. The prospect of results feels so unreal I haven't made any proper plans yet! I'm doing the mental equivalent of covering my ears and doing la la la!
Reply 57
I've had a look through all the universities that do my course (Architecture), and I expected to see one or two that I thought 'Damn, I should have applied there!', but no such luck - unfortunately there isn't anywhere else I would like to study it :frown:

I think if I miss both my insurance and firm (I would like very much to go to my insurance) I'll not go through clearing as my course rarely appears. I think I'll just go back to my school, re-sit and apply next year :smile: It makes me nervous because I can't imagine putting myself through another stressful UCAS cycle - all the waiting and having mini heart attacks when you get an email from Track saying something has updated. It's a game I don't want to play again, but with the rush to beat the fee increase; will next year be a slightly quieter year to apply?
If I don't achieve my offer I will retake any exams I have done badly in my year out whilst trying to get a job as a healthcare assistant and reapply to uni. I know there will not be nursing degree spaces in clearing, or very few, was thinking aboit what to do today :smile:
Going to apply abroad. The 9k fees aren't worth it when unis abroad offer very nice scholarships.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending