The Student Room Group

Target and Semi-Target Universities for Investment Banking

Hello All,

Can any body provide a list of target and Semi-Target Universities for Investment Banks?

The universities where the Investment Banks actually come to recruit students each year.
(edited 12 years ago)
Target: Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, Imperial, Warwick.

Not too sure what specifically one means by "semi-target".
Reply 2
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Target: Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, Imperial, Warwick.

Not too sure what specifically one means by "semi-target".

By semi-target universities I mean universities like "University of York" , "Edinburgh University" etc where Investment Banks do recruitment but NOT as much as the target Universities.

What about City University, Heriot- Watt, St. Andrews, Bath, Buckingham, Nottingham, Durham. Do investment Banks come to campus for recruitment here? Specifically for students of Accounting and Finance or Economics. They are all in top 15 approximately.

I am trying to form a list of all the universities where Investment Banks comes on Campus for recruitment.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Looking at accounting and finance rankings bath comes first and then lancaster, strathclyde, loughborough, exeter and leeds you haven't mentioned but are also in the top 10.

However, I've heard that being in one of the reasonably ranking russell group you'll be fine so like leeds/nottingham/bristol/newcastle/glasgow/southampton/edinburgh you'd have a reasonable shot.....
Reply 4
Original post by victoria_hk
Looking at accounting and finance rankings bath comes first and then lancaster, strathclyde, loughborough, exeter and leeds you haven't mentioned but are also in the top 10.

However, I've heard that being in one of the reasonably ranking russell group you'll be fine so like leeds/nottingham/bristol/newcastle/glasgow/southampton/edinburgh you'd have a reasonable shot.....

What about University of Buckingham? Any idea?
Reply 5
Original post by finance786
By semi-target universities I mean universities like "University of York" , "Edinburgh University" etc where Investment Banks do recruitment but NOT as much as the target Universities.

What about City University, Heriot- Watt, St. Andrews, Bath, Buckingham, Nottingham, Durham. Do investment Banks come to campus for recruitment here? Specifically for students of Accounting and Finance or Economics. They are all in top 15 approximately.

I am trying to form a list of all the universities where Investment Banks comes on Campus for recruitment.

I'd say after Oxbridge, LSE, Warwick, Imperial and UCL, the next bunch of unis where head hunters and BB HRD heads recruit talents are:

Manchester
Durham
Bristol
King's
Bath
Notts
Edinburgh
St Andrews
Exeter

then

York
Birmingham