The Student Room Group

Newcastle Medical School 2012 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1860
anyone know when/how you apply for feedback?!
Reply 1861
Original post by laurie:)
anybody else still not heard? :redface:

me :frown: not enjoying this wait!
Reply 1862
Fed up of waiting! I'm not even that bothered if I got an offer since it won't be a firm or insurance for me...but I'm kind of intrigued!
Original post by pianoboe
Fed up of waiting! I'm not even that bothered if I got an offer since it won't be a firm or insurance for me...but I'm kind of intrigued!

Why don't you withdraw your application and possibly give someone else a chance at getting in?
Reply 1864
Original post by Steerforth
Why don't you withdraw your application and possibly give someone else a chance at getting in?

If we withdraw our application, do they actually give offers to others? Cuz I pretty much have my heart set on newcastle, but still waiting for glasgow. They say glasgow's decisions are gonna come out like these two days, will it be too late to give my place to other ppl?
Original post by yanb0706
If we withdraw our application, do they actually give offers to others? Cuz I pretty much have my heart set on newcastle, but still waiting for glasgow. They say glasgow's decisions are gonna come out like these two days, will it be too late to give my place to other ppl?

Pretty sure most schools have a waiting list for people who will reject their offers :smile:
Original post by yanb0706

I withdrew from glasgow as soon as Newc offered me a place. In all honest truth, I don't know if my place will go to someone else, I just hope it does.

Original post by Metastasis
Pretty sure most schools have a waiting list for people who will reject their offers :smile:

So are you saying withdrawing an application will or won't give someone else a chance?
Reply 1867
wat is the grade of gcse English language needed to get meet the grades requirements for Newcastle university
is it a grade C ?
My place at Leicester went to someone on the waiting list, so if you are sure about Newcastle, why bother with the Glasgow decision?
I withdrew from glasgow as soon as Newc offered me a place. In all honest truth, I don't know if my place will go to someone else, I just hope it does.

So are you saying withdrawing an application will or won't give someone else a chance?

I am sure it will. I think they will give out the first batch of offers and see who rejects them, then approximate the number of offers they can give out for the second batch to ensure they won't give out more offers than places. Also I think they will put people on the waiting list just in case there are people from the 'second batch' that rejects their offers but each school does it differently I think. For example, there are already people who are on the waiting list for Manchester, but some schools have yet to give out all their offers.
Just got updated to unconditional!
Reply 1871

Have you firmed Newcastle as well?
Original post by Jamal B
Have you firmed Newcastle as well?

I have firmed Newcastle. It is a strange feeling. Life = sorted (kinda)
Reply 1873
I have firmed Newcastle. It is a strange feeling. Life = sorted (kinda)

Just learning and a sort of hell for the rest of your life. I can't wait. :biggrin:

Same bro!

I am still waiting to hear from Glasgow so I can't firm yet :/
Original post by gunners1234
Same bro!

I am still waiting to hear from Glasgow so I can't firm yet :/

Why not withdraw from glasgow?
alalala
:smile:

platty1907
:smile:

heard anything today? :redface:
Reply 1877

i know it wasnt directed at me but no :frown: still nothing x
Original post by Immi :)
i know it wasnt directed at me but no :frown: still nothing x

lol it was directed at anybody who hadnt heard back yet, i just wasnt sure who else hadnt :tongue:

i hope its more of a 'we cant decide between you guys' reason than a 'we have given out all the offers and are now focussing on our open day' reason for this :frown:

Nothing :frown:

Unconditional from St Andrews though :biggrin:

EDIT: Seriously, negged for this?? Someone must be quite bitter :/
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending