The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Edinburgh Napier: Applicants for 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Rejected without informations about the reason!
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
Original post by Stephen_b_1993
Btw im doing biomed :-P

i firmed my offer for biomed :biggrin:! on the decision letter it says to start in october but on my table of applications on ucas track it says september 10th? im soo confuseddddddd!
Reply 362
Hi guys! :smile: Last year, I was a fresher, too and we had so much fun during the freshers week. It was well organised by student president Tom Zanelli - we had Rizzle Kicks, Loick Essien, Pub Crawl and many theme parties. And guess what, the best Napier president was re-elected again! That means the freshers week will be even better and bigger than last year! :biggrin:

Then, I would like to let you know I got a position - Edinburgh Napier Freshers Week Coordinator - in Napier Students' Association, so if you have any questions about Freshers Week, University, Edinburgh just contact me. Well done everyone who received the letter!

BTW: Last year I have created “Edinburgh Napier: Applicants for 2011” here on thestudentroom (it was great fun) and I have also done “Edinburgh Napier Freshers 2011” on Facebook last year.
Reply 363
I wonder if is there anyone who got into Napier with academical achievements below the conditions in their offers? I hope so.... As it seems i'll get less from one out of four exams which are needed to get into this uni. I would appreciate your experience or knowledge on this. :confused:
Reply 364
Did anyone else receive an unsuccessful from Napier, without any reasoning from themselves?
I received an unsuccessful, but only found out through UCAS and never heard from Napier themselves, which I find rather odd, as I'd like to know why I got rejected.
Reply 365
Original post by trodan
I wonder if is there anyone who got into Napier with academical achievements below the conditions in their offers? I hope so.... As it seems i'll get less from one out of four exams which are needed to get into this uni. I would appreciate your experience or knowledge on this. :confused:

Hi Trodan, that's not good, I would let them know in advance, there might be a place for discussion or you might get into a bit different course. All depends on number of applicants and if they were successful or not.

Original post by MacaskAl
Did anyone else receive an unsuccessful from Napier, without any reasoning from themselves?
I received an unsuccessful, but only found out through UCAS and never heard from Napier themselves, which I find rather odd, as I'd like to know why I got rejected.

MacaskAl: yeah that unfortunatelly somethimes happens, they might have many students for your course - they don't have give a reason, but you can try to ask: http://www.napier.ac.uk/contact-us/Pages/enquire-online.aspx

Ondrej Homola - Freshers Week Media Coordinator @ Napier Students' Association
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ameliaajane
i firmed my offer for biomed :biggrin:! on the decision letter it says to start in october but on my table of applications on ucas track it says september 10th? im soo confuseddddddd!

Same I'm so confused about when we start (the website doesn't seem very clear) I know I have to be up between the 6th and 9th of september for my accommodation, so if we don't start until october it looks like a month long party is on the cards haha :P. Would love it if anyone actually knew the exact dates though, so excited for freshers! A bit nervous but thats normal right?! :biggrin:
Same I'm so confused about when we start (the website doesn't seem very clear) I know I have to be up between the 6th and 9th of september for my accommodation, so if we don't start until october it looks like a month long party is on the cards haha :P. Would love it if anyone actually knew the exact dates though, so excited for freshers! A bit nervous but thats normal right?! :biggrin:

last time i looked at my acceptance letter it has changed to september now! da fuq?!? on ucas it says start date is the 10th of september!
Original post by ameliaajane
last time i looked at my acceptance letter it has changed to september now! da fuq?!? on ucas it says start date is the 10th of september!

What! ahhh thats like the day after freshers starts, they'll probably just want us in for team building or something :-D are you in accommodation?
What! ahhh thats like the day after freshers starts, they'll probably just want us in for team building or something :-D are you in accommodation?

i know :confused: yeahh probably and to get our timetables and stuff :smile: yeahh, youu? what course you doing? :rolleyes:
Biomed :-D I'm in west tollcross don't really understand all the numbers that came with it though :-s and I got into uni how? I just seem to be confused most of the time with this malarky :P
Biomed :-D I'm in west tollcross don't really understand all the numbers that came with it though :-s and I got into uni how? I just seem to be confused most of the time with this malarky :P

numbers that came with what? my offer hasnt changed to unconditional yet so cant apply for accommodation :frown:! dont worry i dunno how i got in either :L
Reply 372

Hi Stephen_b_1993! So Freshers Week starts on 9th of September and you will get your keys probably on Friday :smile: The university induction and matriculation should be on 10th - you will have to spend just few hours in the uni and after you can enjoy freshers as much as you want to :biggrin:. And yeah being nervous is common when something new is coming - I know I was a fresher last year :smile: Don't worry you will have a great time.

Ondrej Homola - Freshers Week Media Coordinator @ Napier Students' Association

ameliaajane yeah good luck with that, hope it will be fine :smile:
I've applied to do Digital Media and I have an unconditional, any one else doing this course?:smile:
Reply 374
Claire, that is awesome!!! You will have a great time. I did Marketing with Digital Media and I loved Digi Media so much that I am changing my course - less Marketing more Digi :smile: Great choice!! And congratulations :smile:
thanks!:smile: haven't fully decided if i'm going or not though haha. awh sounds good!:smile:
Reply 376
Ou great :smile: To be honest choosing that course was one of my best decisions in my life :smile: What are your other offers?
Reply 377
Original post by OndrejC2
Hi guys! :smile: Last year, I was a fresher, too and we had so much fun during the freshers week. It was well organised by student president Tom Zanelli - we had Rizzle Kicks, Loick Essien, Pub Crawl and many theme parties. And guess what, the best Napier president was re-elected again! That means the freshers week will be even better and bigger than last year! :biggrin:

Then, I would like to let you know I got a position - Edinburgh Napier Freshers Week Coordinator - in Napier Students' Association, so if you have any questions about Freshers Week, University, Edinburgh just contact me. Well done everyone who received the letter!

BTW: Last year I have created “Edinburgh Napier: Applicants for 2011” here on thestudentroom (it was great fun) and I have also done “Edinburgh Napier Freshers 2011” on Facebook last year.

Hi there :smile: Do you have to pay any fees to take part? And which campus did you choose for the FW?
Reply 378
Hello Senika, depends on what kind of event - for example evening gigs are paid and you can buy a freshers week pass :smile: But there are some 'daytime' ones that should be free :smile: And Freshers Week does not take place at Uni, it is not on campus - all happens in city centre :smile:
Hello, I wanted to ask a few questions about studying Msc in Napier.
*Where can I find a schedule for 2012-2013 MSc Wildlife biology and conservation?
*Does is it all really start September 27th? Don't want to miss anything....
Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest