Nottingham Jobs?

Watch this thread
DanielMartin
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I've applied for pretty much every position I can find in nottingham which isn't alot

anybody know of any places and or can reccomend a place to apply?
Alpharius
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 years ago
Bar work.

If your 18+, apply to the Weatherspoons (they do accept people with no experience). Once you have experience in bar work, you'll struggle to not find jobs.

I've had bar work in Nottingham since I turned 18 (almost 20 now). 3 jobs, only a month of no work in between.
DanielMartin
Rep:
I'll paste in my Resume... so you can get a better idea of the kind of part time job I want.

Daniel Martin

<DETAILS REMOVED>

Personal Statement

A student having studied, Graphics, RS, French and Electronics GCSE. I have excellent communication skills and knowledge essential for problem solving needed in retail. In addition to these attributes, I am also highly computer literate and work well both in a team and on my own.I am looking for a job in retail as this is where I can demonstrate my skills to the highest standard.

Education

<SCHOOL NAME REMOVED>
GCSE Exams
Subjects Include:
(Predicted Grades)
English(A) – Maths(B) - Science(B)
IT(A) – French(B) – Religious Studies(A)
Graphics(A) – Electronics(A)

Work Experience

2009-2011 Indie Game Developer*
Drawing & designing flash games - Over 6+ games made with monetary success and global recognition. Working closely in a team to efficiently meet deadlines. Concept through to completion, working with layers, designing game assets and planning the design through Game Design Documents.

2009-2010 Game Reviewer
Writing articles for www.neutralvibe.com’s “ Game Theory,” magazine. Collaborating closely with the editing team to produce high quality work, being fluent in Microsoft office with 90-100 WPM typing speed.

Interests

Advertising
Seeing how products achieve global success or failure due to advertising methods used i.e. Tv commercials billboard posters etc.

Living Life
We only get one shot at this and I want to make the most of every single day. I enjoy and love seeing the diversity the city can bring especially in Nottingham, having grown up here as a child.

Leadership
Having lead my collaborations with other people and within a team environment, where my organization skills and planning came into effect. I have developed my skills greatly from this experience.

Skills
Computing – Fluent in MS Office and a range of other systems. Can write in html5, and php.

Languages – Moderately fluent in intermediate level French.

References available upon request.
jonnym123
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DanielMartin)

Interests

Living Life
We only get one shot at this and I want to make the most of every single day. I enjoy and love seeing the diversity the city can bring especially in Nottingham, having grown up here as a child.
haha id leave that out.

I also live in Nottingham. Having graduated I am struggling to find a temp job. Tried every agency in Nottingham and not heard back from any.
DanielMartin
Rep:
(Original post by jonnym123)
haha id leave that out.

I also live in Nottingham. Having graduated I am struggling to find a temp job. Tried every agency in Nottingham and not heard back from any.
I've applied to everywhere I can think of in nottingham
wether spoons, the works
staples
subway

90% of the places even in nottingham aren't accepting applications anyway!
Anglianjobs
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I'm the marketing manager of Anglian home improvements. We've currently got a couple of positions available in our marketing team. The roles are self employed positions and involve promoting our products to customers and booking appointments where for our sales team to do quotes. Great commission structure which is designed to reward people for their hard work . We look to promote from within and with 200 offices nationwide we offer a genuine career path in sales or marketing. Full time work and full training is given. We are looking for hardworking people with good customer service skills.
Call Phil on 01159228745.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads