The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Scarborough Campus 1st Year - Cayley Halls or Manages house?

I wanted to get a few opinions on which. I know it's very very late to be applying for accommodation, and that I probably won't get what I apply for, but just in case - I'm not sure which to apply for.

I'm not over keen on self-catering. I like cooking my own meals when I want, especially if I'm going to be going out at night and waking up late - I need tea and breakfast times that are a bit earlier and a bit later.

However, I think staying in halls would be better than going into private, and I was just wondering how much like halls is the managed housing?

Ugh.. I have no idea.
Original post by hozbeb
I wanted to get a few opinions on which. I know it's very very late to be applying for accommodation, and that I probably won't get what I apply for, but just in case - I'm not sure which to apply for.

I'm not over keen on self-catering. I like cooking my own meals when I want, especially if I'm going to be going out at night and waking up late - I need tea and breakfast times that are a bit earlier and a bit later.

However, I think staying in halls would be better than going into private, and I was just wondering how much like halls is the managed housing?

Ugh.. I have no idea.

Cayley Halls is **** - everyone regrets it.

Try university managed houses like Bradley Court, Continental Lodge or The George (which is in the centre of town, opposite Heron Foods).
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
thanks!
Original post by hozbeb

Self catering means you buy your food yourself. Sorry if you know this already, just the way you worded it made it seem like you thought the reverse was true. Anyway I chose university managed for the same reason.
Reply 4
Im choosing University Managed also :smile:
I need to get my act together and actually learn to feed myself! aha x
Reply 5
I've chosen uni-managed accommodation... I need to learn to cook at some point, haha. It just looks like you get more independence. :smile:
Reply 6
Absolutely pick managed houses!!
I went to Scarborough 10/11, just transferred to hull campus (couldn't do the course i wanted at scarborough)

Everyone who lived at cayley regretted it. Food was terrible, weekly inspections were very strict, its a good 20 min walk down the hill to get to town.

However it's like 2 mins to get to lectures from cayley :smile:

but yeah DONT pick cayley!!!
Iv chosen university managed housing also, just received an email saying I have been allocated a room at The George house :smile:! anyone else heard where they're living yet?
Reply 8
I chose uni-managed :]

completely forgot about this thread haha!

I've only just appolied though :s there was a mix up with courses and which campus I was on, and it's taken a while to get sorted and for me to get confirmation that I'm definitely at Scarborough. Anyway, it's all corted now. I can't believe how cheap uni managed housing is!! I'm definitely willing to pay that price for a large en-suite room haha, although I doubt there'll be any left now..
Reply 9
Quick question - is anybody doing Coastal Marine Biology or soimething similar?

If so, message me cause I want to get in touch with people before we go :smile:

Also, BefuddledPenguin I did mean catered haha. I just got my words mixed up :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest