The Student Room Group

Ed's Easy Diner

Hi, Does anyone know what the hourly pay is for a 17 year old Shaker? And if Shakers can get tips or only the waitresses?
Reply 1
I don't know, but they're so awesome. The milkshakes :drool:
Reply 2
Anyone know the pay or what training is like?
Reply 3
Everybody gets the adult minium NMW rate of £5.93 ph and they get a share of the credit card tips! Hope this helps
Hi

I know I'm four years too late but I thought I'd update this for anyone who still wants to work at Ed's.

Ed's Easy Diner pays based on 4 main rolls for non-management.

As a Kitchen Porter you can expect to earn £6.50 per hour + Card Tips. White uniform. Benefits = 28 days holiday, free meal per shift + private health care.
As a Drinks Maker you can expect to earn £6.50 per hour + Card Tips. Black uniform. Benefits = 28 days holiday, free meal per shift + private health care.

At 16 and 17 you can only work as a Kitchen Porter or Drinks Maker legally do to Ed's Easy Diners employment contracts and requirements.

Advancement in Ed's Easy Diner is easy. Work hard and you'll be advanced simple as. You can be promoted from Kitchen Porter to Manager in 3 years.

As a Counter Server you can expect to earn £6.50 per hour + Cash Tips + Card Tips. Black uniform. Benefits = 28 days holiday, free meal per shift + private health care.

As a Grill Chef you can expect to earn £7.90 per hour + Card Tips. Black and White Chef uniform. Benefits = 28 days holiday, free meal per shift + private health care.

Cash Tips are tips paid by Cash from the Customer. A Counter Server is the only person who gets to keep the tips they make from cash tips, because in theory they're the only one who'll earn them.

Card tips are split between all employees of one restaurant, based on their performance. Ed's diner says that they are not obliged to give Card tips to anyone so if you don't get any card tips, they're not taking anything away from you. If you're late or have a slow performance you'll get less card tips. Nobody knows how many card tips anyone else gets and it varies every month dependant on the net amount. So if you get less you won't officially know unless you ask a colleague with the same job. Traditionally Counter Servers would get the least Card Tips so it reflects that they also get Cash Tips. Frill Chefs would get the most Card Tips.

Ed's Diner opened in 1987 with one restaurant. In 2008 they had 8 restaurants. In May 2015 they had 35 restaurants. As of July 2015 they had 53 restaurants. They're growing at a phenomenal rate. When they're comfortable with the number of stores they have and don't spend money buying new ones and renovating old ones, staff pay will likely increase.

Hope that helps.
Reply 5
Original post by StephenTuner
Hi

I know I'm four years too late but I thought I'd update this for anyone who still wants to work at Ed's.

Ed's Easy Diner pays based on 4 main rolls for non-management.

As a Kitchen Porter you can expect to earn £6.50 per hour + Card Tips. White uniform. Benefits = 28 days holiday, free meal per shift + private health care.
As a Drinks Maker you can expect to earn £6.50 per hour + Card Tips. Black uniform. Benefits = 28 days holiday, free meal per shift + private health care.

At 16 and 17 you can only work as a Kitchen Porter or Drinks Maker legally do to Ed's Easy Diners employment contracts and requirements.

Advancement in Ed's Easy Diner is easy. Work hard and you'll be advanced simple as. You can be promoted from Kitchen Porter to Manager in 3 years.

As a Counter Server you can expect to earn £6.50 per hour + Cash Tips + Card Tips. Black uniform. Benefits = 28 days holiday, free meal per shift + private health care.

As a Grill Chef you can expect to earn £7.90 per hour + Card Tips. Black and White Chef uniform. Benefits = 28 days holiday, free meal per shift + private health care.

Cash Tips are tips paid by Cash from the Customer. A Counter Server is the only person who gets to keep the tips they make from cash tips, because in theory they're the only one who'll earn them.

Card tips are split between all employees of one restaurant, based on their performance. Ed's diner says that they are not obliged to give Card tips to anyone so if you don't get any card tips, they're not taking anything away from you. If you're late or have a slow performance you'll get less card tips. Nobody knows how many card tips anyone else gets and it varies every month dependant on the net amount. So if you get less you won't officially know unless you ask a colleague with the same job. Traditionally Counter Servers would get the least Card Tips so it reflects that they also get Cash Tips. Frill Chefs would get the most Card Tips.

Ed's Diner opened in 1987 with one restaurant. In 2008 they had 8 restaurants. In May 2015 they had 35 restaurants. As of July 2015 they had 53 restaurants. They're growing at a phenomenal rate. When they're comfortable with the number of stores they have and don't spend money buying new ones and renovating old ones, staff pay will likely increase.

Hope that helps.

VERY helpful, thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending