Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

New student-TU100 October 2011.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by robbierobot
Hi Barry
Just noticed this comment in response to Alison.

The B62 course is the route I am taking as well.
Plenty of time to decide on modules.
What route are you thinking about?
Cheers

Definitely find myself drawn to the software development modules mate. Would love to get into that as a career along with some web based stuff.

What about yourself Rob?
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Hi all!
Just come across this forum so thought I would say hello! Starting the TU100 course this October, still waiting for my course materials (can't wait!!). First OU course and looking to go the whole way to a degree. Best of luck to everyone out there and glad I'm not the only one out there now!
Matt.
Reply 122
Original post by flamegrilledmatt
Hi all!
Just come across this forum so thought I would say hello! Starting the TU100 course this October, still waiting for my course materials (can't wait!!). First OU course and looking to go the whole way to a degree. Best of luck to everyone out there and glad I'm not the only one out there now!
Matt.

Hi mate, welcome aboard! :smile: Make sure you let us know when you receive your course materials and if there's anything you want to ask, feel free mate! All the best with your studies and keep in touch :smile:
Original post by BigBadBazza
Definitely find myself drawn to the software development modules mate. Would love to get into that as a career along with some web based stuff.

What about yourself Rob?

Not sure yet Barry.
I have tried for some years to get started in an OU course and have finally succeeded this year.
I want to get TU100 under my belt before deciding further.
I had wanted to study T175, now discontinued, to finish off the level 1 courses but no matter all learning is good.
Rob
Just finished watching the first Episode: The Great Levelling in the DVD 'Virtual Revolution'

A number of things come to mind:

Wow! Isnt Dr Aleks Krotoski a hot babe!

Secondly and far more important what a very interesting episode!

Speaking to entrepreneurs and web leaders across the world was awe inspiring.

cant wait to watch the rest of the episodes and to start the course.
Reply 125
justy got all my stuff through the post, the sense board and program look interseting, cant wait to start the course in oct. Got a bit of experience in computing(building/repairing and a bit of programming) and studying to do a degree eventually.
Original post by dante
justy got all my stuff through the post, the sense board and program look interseting, cant wait to start the course in oct. Got a bit of experience in computing(building/repairing and a bit of programming) and studying to do a degree eventually.

Hi
Good to see mature students on this forum and nearly my age as well, well 20 years further on anyway.
Hi all!! I too am a mature student. Starting TU100 in October also, and hoping to go on to study for a Diploma of Higher Education in Computing and IT. (E66)

I got all my stuff today and got a bit nervous as I've not tried anything like this since school. I opened up the package and tested the senseboard. I have to say I got rather excited! I've done some basic computer repair experience (replacing memory modules, PSUs installing OS etc), and really enjoyed it so I thought "why not?".
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by BigBadBazza
Hi mate, welcome aboard! :smile: Make sure you let us know when you receive your course materials and if there's anything you want to ask, feel free mate! All the best with your studies and keep in touch :smile:

Big brown box waiting for me when I got in from work. Was out tonight but at a quick glance through all looks very impressive. First OU course I've ever done and first impressions are good. Bring on the course!! :smartass:
Morning all,

Starting this course next month and looking forward to it!

Opened the box and installed all the software so had a quick play, should be interesting!

Its going to be a struggle juggling full time work with the course but I am sure it will be good!
Original post by Brainofpea
Hi all!! I too am a mature student. Starting TU100 in October also, and hoping to go on to study for a Diploma of Higher Education in Computing and IT. (E66)

I got all my stuff today and got a bit nervous as I've not tried anything like this since school. I opened up the package and tested the senseboard. I have to say I got rather excited! I've done some basic computer repair experience (replacing memory modules, PSUs installing OS etc), and really enjoyed it so I thought "why not?".

So am I the oldest one in this forum?
Old in years but young at heart! LOL!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 131
Hi everyone

Just received my box of goodies this afternoon, too. This is my first foray into proper higher education and, as a late starter, it's nice to be learning again! I'm an MK-based chap so the OU is just on my doorstep really :smile:

Also planning on studying towards the BSc in Computing and IT. I'm really intrigued as to how the OU method works; can't wait!

Edit: just had a flick through this thread, haha, great to see people have a sense of humour. Nice pictures, stuartduke!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 132
Hi all!
Just found this site and thought I'd join in.
Starting TU100 next month. Doing alongside TM128 MS Server Tech.

Good luck everyone!
Original post by gcl999
Hi all!
Just found this site and thought I'd join in.
Starting TU100 next month. Doing alongside TM128 MS Server Tech.

Good luck everyone!

Gosh!
You're keen.
I did a 30 pointer last year/this year and found it challenging hence I am opting for a 60 pointer this year.
I may pick up another next February depending upon how I am coping with this TU100 but good luck and hope you can manage.
Cheers.
In case no-one has noticed the OU student home page for our course has now thrown up the timing of the TMA's and iCMA's.

The course officially starts on 1st October and the first TMA (not the dummy TMA) is due on 20th October followed by 10th November and then 15th December and then into next year.

Strewth! Not much time to get the first TMA out is there?

Its going to be interesting.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by wilkinsonkc
Morning all,

Starting this course next month and looking forward to it!

Opened the box and installed all the software so had a quick play, should be interesting!

Its going to be a struggle juggling full time work with the course but I am sure it will be good!

Check out this TU100 link.

http://blog.lynxworks.eu/2011/05/tu100-cafe/

This guy serves in the army in Afghanistan and still passes courses despite the threat of imminent death so I am sure you will be able to find the time. LOL!

He is also to be a moderator in the cafe on TU100.

Wonder if his army work situation means he is more focussed than we would ever be.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 136
Greetings all,

Happened upon this thread and thought I'd say hello. Like many of you i'm starting TU100 In October and it's also my first foray into this type of thing but i'm generally more excited and eager to get going than nervous, they sent me a box of goodies, it was like Christmas! Christmas as in you've been given a box of mechano or lego to look at but can't really play with yet.

Dunno how many of you intend to use your personal blogs, but i'm intending to write a running commentary as such as I go; as a new student and new to this sort of study it should be an interesting exercise and perhaps useful to those who come across similar problems, concerns, joys or achievements. I've never blogged before but I fancy myself as a bit of a writer so hopefully at the very least I can offer some light entertainment and a cheep laugh. I'll post a link up here once I've finished my first post.

Hope to cross paths with a few of you soon.

All the best.

Adz

UPDATE:

Blog entry added: http://learn.open.ac.uk/mod/oublog/view.php?user=768079
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 137
Gah, double post.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by AdziH
Greetings all,

Happened upon this thread and thought I'd say hello. Like many of you i'm starting TU100 In October and it's also my first foray into this type of thing but i'm generally more excited and eager to get going than nervous, they sent me a box of goodies, it was like Christmas! Christmas as in you've been given a box of mechano or lego to look at but can't really play with yet.

Dunno how many of you intend to use your personal blogs, but i'm intending to write a running commentary as such as I go; as a new student and new to this sort of study it should be an interesting exercise and perhaps useful to those who come across similar problems, concerns, joys or achievements. I've never blogged before but I fancy myself as a bit of a writer so hopefully at the very least I can offer some light entertainment and a cheep laugh. I'll post a link up here once I've finished my first post.

Hope to cross paths with a few of you soon.

All the best.

Adz

UPDATE:

Blog entry added: http://learn.open.ac.uk/mod/oublog/view.php?user=768079

Way to go Adam.
Loved the blog.
Keep it up
Rob
Hmmmmmmmmm!
Seem to post a lot on this forum.
Will stop for the time being.

Quick Reply