International preparation for Fashion 2011/2012

Watch
Mar912
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi, I desperately want to find out if anyone is doing 'International preparation for fashion' in LCF this coming September 2011? There are no threads on this forum about this course and the only little information about the course is on the lcf website.

Recently saw a recruitment post on the internet saying lcf is looking for a lecturer/course leader for this course...

I am so worried. Help!!
Mar912
Rep:
?
hellllllp anyone?!
Mar912
Rep:
?
>???????
mintylula
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hmm, I got an email for a Prep course the week before classes start... but im not international lol.
PWL
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Mar912)
>???????
hi, im a student taking the same course as urs this year 2011 and i think its starting from october not september according to my offer. so u may contact with me on my email which is [Removed - please use PMs].
Cejota
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey did you guys do it? How was it ?
I got an offer for this for 2012-2013
wtng
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hi! I got accepted also and I should be going in october first. I can't get info from the website too and I'm worried it's a course offered to international students to just suck their money!
pailin
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I applied for this course too. I'm still waiting for an interview which is on the 7th of june, and I have the same questions. Is it a good course to take? And worth taking?
Thanks

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Nic EPC
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey! I got accepted for this course starting in oct 2013. Just wonderin, what is this course actually like? Is the teaching good?
annaash
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hi, I applied for a different course at LCF and at my interview I felt like the lady was putting words in my mouth, getting me to say that I am not sure what exactly I want to do in the future. It was my first ever interview, so I guess I wasn't prepared for that. She basically told me (in a polite way of course) that I can ether accept an offer for this course or get lost. The impression I got is that this course is to suck money out of international students and as a Cert HE it doesn't really give you anything at all.

I have to choose between this course, Merch. Fashion Management at Westminster or Design Management in Fashion Retail at Manchester. What do you guys think?
awang654
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm going to attend this course in September 2014. I'm taking this course because the foundation year at CSM was full. They tell me it is a seamless process to transfer from here to the BA fashion womenswear at CSM but is that true? Am I paying for a great education at LCF with this course? SOMEONE LET ME KNOW PLEASE!! Thank you!!
ual123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by awang654)
I'm going to attend this course in September 2014. I'm taking this course because the foundation year at CSM was full. They tell me it is a seamless process to transfer from here to the BA fashion womenswear at CSM but is that true? Am I paying for a great education at LCF with this course? SOMEONE LET ME KNOW PLEASE!! Thank you!!
Hello!!
I got a conditional offer for this course too and hopefully go there.
I have also applied to CSM foundation course but I was rejected. But it seems that this international foundation course is good and worth going.
Did u get unconditional offer or conditional offer?!!
awang654
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thanks for replying UAL123!! What is exactly the difference between an unconditional and conditional offer?? And when did you apply/ interview with UAL?? Thanks again!
ual123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thanks for replying UAL123!! What is exactly the difference between an unconditional and conditional offer?? And when did you apply/ interview with UAL?? Thanks again!

HEY no problem
unconditional offer is that you met the entry requirement, so ur place is like confirmed and conditional offer is that you still have to meet the entry requirement in order to confirm ur place at UAL.
I applied around february and did the telephone interview around end of march ! when did u do yours? and where are you from?
awang654
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh I see.. I have an unconditional offer then. But here's the funny part. I had my interview in early April and told me the class was closed. Were they politely rejecting me you think? How did they tell you? Also I'm from California.
ual123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh I see.. I have an unconditional offer then. But here's the funny part. I had my interview in early April and told me the class was closed. Were they politely rejecting me you think? How did they tell you? Also I'm from California.
Lucky that you have unconditional offer....
If you get an offer, you should probably get an email from LCF. did you get an email? it tells about everything you need to have and stuff.
wow cali nice
cocochanelpuff
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi
I'm currently finishing the IPF course and can say that it is NOT a seamless transition to CSM. In fact you are discouraged from applying to CSM. LCF really wants to keep all students at LCF. I am trying to get onto the BA womenswear at LCF and lecturers here have been trying to put students off from applying since the course started. I thought that if I did this course and did well I could potentially get onto the BA womenswear at CSM....so did everyone else in my class This is not the case. Even if you do exceptionally well you will most likely not get accepted to CSM. If you were CSM material they would have told you that during your interview. I don't think this course was worth all the money in tuition and travel expenses, grief, and downright frustration I have dealt with over the last 9 months. If I had to do it over again I would stay in the US (I'm from Cali), go to Parsons or FIT and maybe do my masters at CSM. Coming to london to study, especially on this IPF course was not what I expected and overall was a huge disappointment. Just my 2 cents.
awang654
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thanks for sharing your experience cocochanelpuff! During my interview, they told me that they wanted me to go to LCF and to see where I should go from there. As you have said, I too, am hoping to transfer over to CSM. What exactly do your lecturers/ tutors respond when you inform them that you want to transfer? Did you still apply to CSM? Did you get an interview with them? How was the course itself? What did you learn?

Thank you so much!!
marziadossal
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi, I'm applying to LCF for a foundation. I can't choose between FE Level3 or Level 4, could someone please help me out?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads