The Student Room Group

What's your mindset going into results day?

Mine is quite simple - In my mind I've failed to meet my Firm and Insurance offer and I'm going to retake my A Levels. That's how I've been thinking the whole summer.

I did the same back in March when I received all my AS results (I'm doing A levels in one year :tongue: ) and did pretty well. So I'm hoping that if I maintain the same mindset before my A2 results, I'll do well in my A2 or I won't feel too gutted.

At least it's better than feeling confident, only to find out that you've missed out on your Firm or even worse, your Insurance.

Anyone else? Are you confident that you've at least going to get into your Insurance? Or are you like me? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My mindset:

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD!

Followed by crushing self doubt and projectile vomiting when I pick my envelope up. I think its likely I've made my insurance, but there's a slight chance I haven't, but I really want to go to my firm :frown: I'm hoping I've got into my firm, but with that last maths exam everything was thrown into chaos :P
I fairly certain I've done enough to get into my firm, so, tbh, I am expecting to get in; there's just that niggling doubt in the back of my mind. That does mean, though, that if I don't get in it'll be so crushing cos I won't be expecting it. Basically, I'm confident, but I'm still doing the whole 'worst case scenario' over and over again in my head.
Reply 3
Probably blind panic the night before. I'm relaxed for the most part atm, but I will be gutted if I don't get into my firm. I feel I've done enough to get into my firm... :frown:
Every time i think about results day, it is as if I'm carrying a horse on my shoulders in the middle of quick sand.
Original post by JamesNeedHelp2
Every time i think about results day, it is as if I'm carrying a horse on my shoulders in the middle of quick sand.

this....

and I get this dread feeling like the weight of the world is upon me....

mainly cos I've either just managed to get in, or I've flopped and my life is screwed
Reply 6
Outside: Be cool, not a single **** is given.
Inside: ****ting my kecks.
I try not to think about it. I came out of my exams feeling confident that i'd met my firm, but as results day gets closer i'm feeling more and more nervous.
Its gotten to the point now where i won't discuss my firm choice with anyone, because i don't want to get my hopes up.
15 days and counting......FML!
Reply 8
FCUK, FCUK, FCUK, FCUK, FCUK, FCUK, FCUK, FCUK

Repeated over and over in my head.
You got in to your firm.
You definitely got in.
Don't worry, you got in.
You might have got in.
It doesn't matter, you still have an insurance.
You got into your insurance, probably.
What if you didn't?
I think I got in.
There is a slight chance.
OMG I DIDN'T GET IN!!!!!

*opens envelope and holds breath*
My mindset is that if I don't get in, I will have one year to do other things and regroup, and then maybe I might be in a position to apply to an even better university than I got an offer from this time.

That way there is a positive outcome whatever the results!

Oh, but the extra £30,000 kinda ****s my plan up a bit :P
if i fail ima get an beating

verbally.
Original post by Comet Andromeda
You got in to your firm.
You definitely got in.
Don't worry, you got in.
You might have got in.
It doesn't matter, you still have an insurance.
You got into your insurance, probably.
What if you didn't?
I think I got in.
There is a slight chance.
OMG I DIDN'T GET IN!!!!!

*opens envelope and holds breath*

I have that conversation in my head at least twice a day!
after recieving my results i'll be booking an appointment with an euthansia team in switzerland D;
Reply 14
Original post by Arcanine
Outside: Be cool, not a single **** is given.
Inside: ****ting my kecks.

Outside: It's alright, not the end of the world is it....
Inside: Oh my God, it's the end of the ****ing world :nooo:
After results are discovered: Just act cool, pretend you don't care, a lot of other people did badly.
At home: Cry like a little girl, don't leave house for three weeks.
I'm going to check the train times at my local station so I can throw myself under one as expeditiously as possible :sexface:

I'm not worried about getting into university (my offer is pretty much unmissable, they liked me quite a lot) but I've a horrible feeling I won't get good enough results to meet the selection criteria for any decent City firms and it would be fairly pointless even going to university then :frown:

I can't believe I got AAA last year though, I thought I was going to get BCD leading up to results day! Hoping for another bout of good fortune!

Is anyone able to tell me what marks, roughly, I'd need to get if I tell you what coursework and January results I got and my AS UMS?
(edited 12 years ago)
Not feeling great to be honest :frown:
Sprint in to school, grab envelope, sprint back out, throw myself in front of double decker bus.
Outside: Nervous wreck
Inside: AHHHHHHHHHHHH IT'S (feels) THE END OF THE WORLD.
After getting results: Fail- cry, Pass- cry
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
I'm going to check the train times at my local station so I can throw myself under one as expeditiously as possible :sexface:

I'm not worried about getting into university (my offer is pretty much unmissable, they liked me quite a lot) but I've a horrible feeling I won't get good enough results to meet the selection criteria for any decent City firms and it would be fairly pointless even going to university then :frown:

I can't believe I got AAA last year though, I thought I was going to get BCD leading up to results day! Hoping for another bout of good fortune!

Is anyone able to tell me what marks, roughly, I'd need to get if I tell you what coursework and January results I got and my AS UMS?

There's an overground station near my school. You can get onto the platform without paying and the trains generally come every 10 minutes. I don't even need to spend money on my suicide.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending