Has anyone got a job at either TK Maxx or JD Sports? Watch

username212832
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I would really like to know whether anyone works at JD Sports or TK Maxx. I was told to come by workers from both TK Maxx and JD Sports by the end of July for any vacancies.
So, I came back by the end of July and I gave a worker at JD Sports a CV, haven't got a reply form them since. I gave both my CV and a filled out TK Maxx application form to a worker at TK Maxx and I haven't got a reply from them either. I know like a couple of people who work at TK Maxx and their qualifications aren't as good as my ones.
I am so frustrated. How did anyone get a job at any of these places? Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!
ArcadiaHouse
Badges: 15
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Pro822)
I would really like to know whether anyone works at JD Sports or TK Maxx. I was told to come by workers from both TK Maxx and JD Sports by the end of July for any vacancies.
So, I came back by the end of July and I gave a worker at JD Sports a CV, haven't got a reply form them since. I gave both my CV and a filled out TK Maxx application form to a worker at TK Maxx and I haven't got a reply from them either. I know like a couple of people who work at TK Maxx and their qualifications aren't as good as my ones.
I am so frustrated. How did anyone get a job at any of these places? Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!
I worked at TK Maxx while I was still at school. It was around the end of September and they had leaflets saying they were looking for Christmas staff, so I filled it in, handed it in and got an interview a couple of days later, and I got the job.

I didn't have to write down my qualifications or anything, it was purely based on my answers at the interview. I absolutely hated that job though because the management was atrocious. The only good thing about it was the money

I would keep calling them and asking if they got your application. Just keep pestering them
KingWithNoCrown
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
I worked at TK Maxx while I was still at school. It was around the end of September and they had leaflets saying they were looking for Christmas staff, so I filled it in, handed it in and got an interview a couple of days later, and I got the job.

I didn't have to write down my qualifications or anything, it was purely based on my answers at the interview. I absolutely hated that job though because the management was atrocious. The only good thing about it was the money

I would keep calling them and asking if they got your application. Just keep pestering them
how much did you get paid if you dot mind me asking :P
username212832
Rep:
?

Yh I will call them. My friends who work at TK Maxx seem to enjoy working there LOL! Anyways, thanks for your help!
ArcadiaHouse
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by KingWithNoCrown)
how much did you get paid if you dot mind me asking :P
Around £5.76 an hour IIRC.
username212832
Rep:
?

I called them, the person who picked up the phone sounded really busy lol Anyways that person told me that the store manager would call me back. I'm guessing I wasn't successful if you got an interview after a couple of days. How on earth did my friends get into TK Maxx when my qualifications are better than theirs. Confused as hell >
Wisdom
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

I didn't have to write down my qualifications or anything
, it was purely based on my answers at the interview. I absolutely hated that job though because the management was atrocious. The only good thing about it was the money
I called them, the person who picked up the phone sounded really busy lol Anyways that person told me that the store manager would call me back. I'm guessing I wasn't successful if you got an interview after a couple of days. How on earth did my friends get into TK Maxx when my qualifications are better than theirs. Confused as hell >
It's probably not got much to do with qualifications, just whether the place has vacancies, and when they do, who has the suitable experience. As ArcadiaHouse they never asked for their qualifications and they got a job because they were looking for Christmas staff. Keep an eye out for them advertising job vacancies, then you might get in.
username212832
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wisdom)
It's probably not got much to do with qualifications, just whether the place has vacancies, and when they do, who has the suitable experience. As ArcadiaHouse they never asked for their qualifications and they got a job because they were looking for Christmas staff. Keep an eye out for them advertising job vacancies, then you might get in.
yh maybe so, but if a couple of my friends got there then I should be able to get there too. It does look like I'll have to look out for vacancies on their website.
Besakt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yh maybe so, but if a couple of my friends got there then I should be able to get there too. It does look like I'll have to look out for vacancies on their website.
It is more about experience than qualifications. Also it depends on competition and vacancies available. Your friends probably never had a lot of competition.

I know how you feel. I've been looking for a job all summer can't find anything. :mad:
ArcadiaHouse
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Besakt)
I know how you feel. I've been looking for a job all summer can't find anything. :mad:
:ditto:
Besakt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:ditto:
I'm hoping that when the summer finishes people who worked over the summer quit their jobs and some vacancies open up. I've got no money, and I hate borrowing money from parents.
username212832
Rep:
?
It is more about experience than qualifications. Also it depends on competition and vacancies available. Your friends probably never had a lot of competition.

I'm sure my friends that got into TK Maxx didn't have experience in retail at all LOL! My friends prolly got lucky. I'm about to go uni this September and I need money, seriously. Travel costs alone jheeez, I need a job asap. Tough times bro tough times.
cdsmith1990
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My mom works in TK Maxx and says she gets students and young people applying nearly every day, and there are never any positions open...

She's been there for like 5 or 6 years now though, but she moved there from Top Shop so had years of previous retail experience..

It'll be hard to get into anywhere like that at the moment as they're obvious choices for young applicants like yourself.
username212832
Rep:
?
I'm hoping that when the summer finishes people who worked over the summer quit their jobs and some vacancies open up. I've got no money, and I hate borrowing money from parents.
Yes, borrowing money from my parents as well is a horrible feeling in soo many different ways.
However, the thing that I HATE the most is when you ask a worker whether they have vacancies and they tell you to come back after one month and when you come back they ask you to come back after another month. BUNCH OF LIARS!!!
Plus vacancies for positions such as 'customer assistants' or 'sales assistants' are rare. Majority of the vacancies are for people who want to be managers like WTF?!!
Whenever I go Harrow to handout my CV's, and I go to places like WhSmith, there isn't a soul in the 'customer service' area. I have never seen a person there ever. It is crazy.
Same goes to Marks and Spencers at Harrow, I went to return something and there was a huge queue behind me because there was a shortage of staff. I went home and called the Marks and Spencer store and they told me that they do have a shortage in staff but they haven't got 'enough' money to pay for any new workers? In my head I was like WTF?! The phone operator was either high or talking b*******.
KingWithNoCrown
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes, borrowing money from my parents as well is a horrible feeling in soo many different ways.
However, the thing that I HATE the most is when you ask a worker whether they have vacancies and they tell you to come back after one month and when you come back they ask you to come back after another month. BUNCH OF LIARS!!! I am not the type of person that wishes anything on anyone unless they deserve it, but those workers that lied to me deserve to get fired.
Plus vacancies for positions such as 'customer assistants' or 'sales assistants' are rare. Majority of the vacancies are for people who want to be managers like WTF?!!
Whenever I go Harrow to handout my CV's, and I go to places like WhSmith, there isn't a soul in the 'customer service' area. I have never seen a person there ever. It is crazy.
Same goes to Marks and Spencers at Harrow, I went to return something and there was a huge queue behind me because there was a shortage of staff. I went home and called the Marks and Spencer store and they told me that they do have a shortage in staff but they haven't got 'enough' money to pay for any new workers? In my head I was like WTF?! The phone operator was either high or talking b*******.
my friend tried to hand in a CV near christmas time into new look and the worker said "oh sorry we have all our christmas staff so we prob won't look at your CV until the summer" so my friend just took the CV back as she only printed out a few and needed to hand it in to different shops, then when she walked away the guy said to his friend "i cant believe she just fell for that hahaha!'' my friend didnt say anything to him but she was outraged
username212832
Rep:
?
(Original post by KingWithNoCrown)
my friend tried to hand in a CV near christmas time into new look and the worker said "oh sorry we have all our christmas staff so we prob won't look at your CV until the summer" so my friend just took the CV back as she only printed out a few and needed to hand it in to different shops, then when she walked away the guy said to his friend "i cant believe she just fell for that hahaha!'' my friend didnt say anything to him but she was outraged
oh wow that is horrible. Feel sorry for your friend.
username212832
Rep:
?
Whoever thumbs downed my previous comment obviously can't handle the truth. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!
AnonymousBookworm
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm sure my friends that got into TK Maxx didn't have experience in retail at all LOL! My friends prolly got lucky. I'm about to go uni this September and I need money, seriously. Travel costs alone jheeez, I need a job asap. Tough times bro tough times.
It's not just about qualifications. You might be going to University soon but you might want to consider improving your English if you're looking for a job. 'prolly' is not a word.
Alot of their decision will be based on the kind of personality that came accross from your CV. Ask a friend to read it and see if they think it reflects your personality and if it makes you look like a good employee. If not, consider what is bad about your CV or your personality and change it.
A straight A* student could fail to get a job if their CV makes them look like an unfriendly or generally 'bad' employee.
Bruhbruh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Neither there both ****ing dog **** i would rather rape a sheep than work a JD and get ****ed by buffalo than work a TK max. So dont even ****ing bother you ****. Do you live in ****ING BULLBROOK YOU ****ING MILKY DUCKLING.
calausten1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
it's not about who's got the best GCSE's lol that's not how life works
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (19)
15.08%
Yes - a food allergy (13)
10.32%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (4)
3.17%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (6)
4.76%
No (84)
66.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise