The Student Room Group

Good Television Society Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by tehFrance
Southland is not heavy on comedy at all.

Oh I meant Terriers, but I see the ambiguity now
Reply 541
I need more shows like Terriers and Suits in terms of comedy in my life.
Reply 542
Original post by Pheylan
Ah you probably wouldn't like it then, it's quite heavy on the comedy

Ah right. Maybe when I next decide to watch a comedy I'll give it a go, though I was planning on watching Community (due to Childish Gambino being in it!)
Original post by Pheylan
For comedy, watch Arrested Development and Community - you'll soon be embarrassed that you ever liked HIMYM and TBBT lol

As for drama, you might like Breaking Bad if you like Mad Men. Enjoy!

To be honest, i have a lot of mates who like Arrested Development, Community, Archer etc and really like HIMYM, yet hate TBBT. HIMYM is good, though it bores me now i've watched it all a lot, but it's good if it's on tv, whilst TBBT just is really average.
Anyone watched Oz? I'm on season 3 atm and I think it's a very underrated show since a lot of people haven't watched or even heard of it.
Reply 545

Original post by Deshi
Ah right. Maybe when I next decide to watch a comedy I'll give it a go, though I was planning on watching Community (due to Childish Gambino being in it!)

Definitely go with Community first

Original post by ThaChronic
Anyone watched Oz? I'm on season 3 atm and I think it's a very underrated show since a lot of people haven't watched or even heard of it.

HELL YEAH
Reply 546
Original post by Gob Bluth
To be honest, i have a lot of mates who like Arrested Development, Community, Archer etc and really like HIMYM, yet hate TBBT. HIMYM is good, though it bores me now i've watched it all a lot, but it's good if it's on tv, whilst TBBT just is really average.

I like HIMYM, admittedly it's not very good now but it was very good imo, Barney is one of my favourite comedy characters of all time.
Reply 547
Also I'm halfway through Southland season 2 (first 2 seasons are very short!?), it's decent, not as good as the likes of The Wire, The Shield, Life and Luther, but its a decent watch.

Edit: And whilst mentioning Life, has anyone here actually seen it? I don't think I've met anyone whose heard of it let alone watched it before :colondollar: It's a great show, and Damian Lewis is just awesome, should have had more than 2 seasons, awful cancellation.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Pheylan

HELL YEAH

lol I love that scene, but this one was even better.

Spartacus and Touch - pretty amazing so far.
ridiculously excited for the return of Mad Men tonight
Original post by 'Shadowplay'
ridiculously excited for the return of Mad Men tonight

me too! :smile: I love Mad Men.
And how catchy is the theme tune...:music:
Original post by The_Male_Melons
Spartacus and Touch - pretty amazing so far.

I didn't think I'd particularly like Touch but I watched the first episode and thought it was really good.

Does anyone watch Suits on Dave?
Reply 553
Original post by orcprocess
I didn't think I'd particularly like Touch but I watched the first episode and thought it was really good.

I watched all of Suits over 2 days. Jenny is just unreal. I want to marry her.
Original post by orcprocess

Yeah but the cut he wears... he does not pull them off at all :tongue:

As for the TV show, I saw it was it aired in the US, very good and I am hoping for a second season :biggrin:
Reply 555
Looking forward to catching Mad Men when I get in tonight :colone:

Has Suits been worth watching at all? I couldn't really bothered with a really over the top/unrealistic/boring show.
Reply 556
Original post by Mess.
Has Suits been worth watching at all? I couldn't really bothered with a really over the top/unrealistic/boring show.

You haven't seen it yet you label it over the top, unrealistic and boring? Makes sense.
Reply 557
Started to watch Dexter Season 3 last night, was quite a while a go that I finished watching Season 2, but now i've started with season 3 I imagine I'll get through it pretty quickly!

I have quite a lot of programmes lined up to watch though, will probably take me a while to get through the lot of them.

My queue consists of:

Oz
Mad Men
Game of Thrones,
Firefly
American Horror Story
Breaking Bad
Six Feet Under
The Walking Dead
Homeland

Meanwhile I have my already regular viewing of:
House
Greys Anatomy
Modern Family
HIMYM
Community
True Blood

Any recommendations for other shows I should check out would be greatly appreciated
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 558
Original post by Roobsa
You haven't seen it yet you label it over the top, unrealistic and boring? Makes sense.

No :facepalm2: I was stating which type of show I did not want to watch and didn't want to waste my time trying out. So my question was posed to try and garner peoples opinions about whether it was worth watching or not...
Reply 559
Original post by Yoghurt
Started to watch Dexter Season 3 last night, was quite a while a go that I finished watching Season 2, but now i've started with season 3 I imagine I'll get through it pretty quickly!

I have quite a lot of programmes lined up to watch though, will probably take me a while to get through the lot of them.

My queue consists of:

Oz
Mad Men
Game of Thrones,
Firefly
American Horror Story
Breaking Bad
Six Feet Under
The Walking Dead

Meanwhile I have my already regular viewing of:
House
Greys Anatomy
Modern Family
HIMYM
Community
True Blood

Any recommendations for other shows I should check out would be greatly appreciated

Justified, Luther, 24, The Shield, The Wire, Rome, Deadwood, Life, Arrested Development, Lost. Some of my favourites that you haven't listed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending