The Student Room Group

Accounting and Finance applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1220
Original post by joshgoldman
Well done! Thanks :smile:

Yeah :confused:, I have no idea how... I'm tempted to get the scripts back, I'm convinced the examiners must have been on something!
Me too, I think I need 56 UMS for the A in ECON/80 UMS for the A*, just the 80UMS in C4 to get the A* in Maths... G-d knows what I need for Further maths... I'd be more than happy with 2 A* though - the prospect of 3 makes me laugh!

You destroyed C3 then (are you on OCR too?), I only no one person who got 100 UMS and he's hoping to read Maths at Warwick! I need 48 UMS for an A in Economics (what a joke). What I would give for 95+ on C4 for that A*!

Had anybody said to me I had a great possibility of getting 2A*s at the start of this year I would have laughed at their face, now it actually seems quite possible. We can only hope!
Original post by Choppyy
You destroyed C3 then (are you on OCR too?), I only no one person who got 100 UMS and he's hoping to read Maths at Warwick! I need 48 UMS for an A in Economics (what a joke). What I would give for 95+ on C4 for that A*!

Had anybody said to me I had a great possibility of getting 2A*s at the start of this year I would have laughed at their face, now it actually seems quite possible. We can only hope!

Yep, maintained my 100UMS record in C modules :sexface:, doubt I'll be able to do it for C4 though with the comprehension! I do OCR MEI. Wow 48 is amazing! I'd shoot myself if I managed to mess up so badly I got less than 56! Yeah me too, I didn't start Year 13 on the most confident foot, but last Thursday was a well needed motivation booster!
Reply 1222
Original post by nakz_
i am, so frustrating because their reply is what will influence what exams i do in the summer

ah ok, when did you send your application! it feels like they have lost our applications! :P i hope they get back soon!
what were you predicted?
Reply 1223
AAA, applied on December 1st
Reply 1224
Original post by Choppyy

daymmmmm, i need 74 for an A in econ :redface: , which i think will be hard to get so i'm retaking unit 1 to lower that req to around 65-69 hopefully.
In maths i need to average 62UMS in S1 and C4 which should be straight forward :smile: i honestly cba with the A* as i don't need it for any the warwick offer. I'd rather reduce the pressure of aiming for an A* and focus more on econ.

Also, i've firmed warwick, insured brum and declined LSE :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1225
offer from warwick !
Out of interest, who else is still waiting for LSE?
anyone else going to Warwick Open day on the 25 april?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1228
Original post by Confused101

I am... getting pretty nervous as I only have 2 offers from my 11 universities...
Original post by rapide66
I am... getting pretty nervous as I only have 2 offers from my 11 universities...

11...? how did you apply to 11 universities...?
Reply 1230
Original post by lmartynofficial
11...? how did you apply to 11 universities...?

Well I applied to 5 Uk ones, 1 American one and 5 Canadian ones...
Original post by Confused101

Me! Got Warwick already so not too fussed about it but would be delighted if I did get an offer.
Reply 1232
Is Accounting and fiance very commpetive at durham?
rejection from bath ytd. 4 rejections in total
Original post by Asian7
Did you manage to get offer from bath? Both warwick and lse are on extra this year. But i think its really risky to reject your offers and apply through extra again for the same universities that reject you . Try asking for feedback first on the rejections and see if there is something that could be rectified?

I find it really strang. Bath, Bristol and Exter do not have Extra this year. There is no vacancy for them. But warwic and LSE has. My only guess is that theae two unis are fussy in choosing their candidates while the rest may just offer candidates if they meet the requirements.

no..unfortunately i got rejected by bath ytd....4 rejections in total. I think i will probably do adjustment. As i got an offer from durham which is AB only. I think i can manage to get higher than AB.
Reply 1235
Original post by batman530
no..unfortunately i got rejected by bath ytd....4 rejections in total. I think i will probably do adjustment. As i got an offer from durham which is AB only. I think i can manage to get higher than AB.

Sorry to hear that. But do you thimk it has to do with your subject combination.? Did you ask for feedback? Good luck in adjustment
I got an email from durham on friday saying something about completing a fee status form? I'am currently schooling outside the uk thats probably why. Has any1 else had to complete this form? And does that mean after I've proven my fee status they'll give me a conditional?
Reply 1237
Original post by batman530

if you dont mind me asking what were your Predicted Grades?
Reply 1238
rejected by durham, gutted.
Reply 1239
anyone else waiting on warwick still? i sent my application on the 7th November... theyre taking there time!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending